My computer is weird.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer is weird.

Sometimes I'll turn my computer on and my mouse won't work. I turn the comp off and reconnect it, sometimes it works, sometimes I have to repeat the process. ????

Sometimes when I start subspace and run continuum and enter TW I get a SYNC OUT OF RANGE message bouncing around my monitor and the game doesn't show. I log out of the zone and click the Resolution tab. The list goes way past 1280 x 1024, but I've clrealy selected 1280 x 1024 as my resolution. I am not able to log into TW and play the game unless I do so under the lowest res 512 x 384. All other games on my comp work fine even when Subspace is not working right. I restart my computer and sometimes it works, and other times I have to repeat the process until things return to normal. What the fuck is up with that?
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Did you ever beat your computer? And does it know how much you like Subspace?
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I don't know what's up with your mouse. Do you have another one you could try? I wouldn't recommend buying a new one, just find one to test with. If it's something to do with your PS/2 port, you can try a USB mouse.

For your resolution problems, make sure you've got the proper video and monitor drivers installed. Chances are you have some workable video drivers, but it sounds like you don't have any at all for the monitor. If you can't find the drivers for your monitor, you can try to set it to "Plug & Play" where hopefully it will properly detect the capabilities of your monitor. You can also try setting the refresh rate in Continuum down to the lowest possibl(60hz) and work your way up from there to see what it cooperates with. Most cheap 17" monitors can't go beyond 1280x1024 and only support 60hz at that resolution.
      -Dantax
      The Internet connects us all,
      The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
      we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
      dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Note: If it says "such and such video card" on "such and such monitor" under your display properties, and doesn't say unkown, then you DO have drivers installed for both.
        -Dantax
        The Internet connects us all,
        The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
        we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
        dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

yes both are installed
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

have you considered sexing it in return for smooth program operation
            Originally posted by Yoshiba
            i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

Working...
            X