Hiding/Refusing to Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding/Refusing to Fight

Hey guys, just an idea about the hiding/refusing to fight rules in elim. I've actually been specced for "hiding" a few times... which isn't even against the rules, just highly frowned upon. Infact, I was hiding in the corner, I FOUGHT whoever came near-- and I was STILL specced! The mods need to CLEARLY define the difference between HIDING and REFUSING TO FIGHT, and make changes accordingly. This should definetly be considered, not just ignored. Hope this suggestion helps!
    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

"Hiding" and "Refusing to fight" is the same thing. If you are hiding in elim you are obviously refusing to fight. "Refusing to fight" is against the rules. Since "hiding" would fit under "Refusing to fight" it is illegal.
    Last edited by FLaBiN; 07-10-2002, 05:46 PM.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
    flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

The point of elimination is to be the last one alive, isn't it? To "not be eliminated."

So why are people being made to fight? Because Elim is too long otherwise? Then go play some pub in the meantime, assclowns.

Comment

w00t! assclowns. What an original word.

Comment

Just waiting for the 'so how far into a corner do you have to be before you are defined as being in the corner' post...
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I was under the impression that the aim of elim was to eliminate other people to ensure victory (hence the name). I don't see how this can be achieved by hiding/refusing to fight. Yes yes, i am an assclown.
            Tigerex

Comment

There isn't any answer to this.

It's true :P People respect a 26-10 player more than a 5-9 one though.
              gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
              gravy_: Electric granny chariots
              gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Ok, but here's my question- look at my firts post, I was hiding, but not refusing to fight-- anyone that came near me I did fight, not just run away. But it's up to you guys... you make the rules...
                -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

Actually, I agree. Hiding and refusing to fight are two very different things. The act of hiding could be considered a strategy by some. Once again, the point of ELIMintation is to be the last one around ant not to get ELIMinated. Hiding allows for this to happen.

Refusing to fight, on the other hand, is just slowing down the game for no apparent reason. One doesn't have to be hiding in order to refuse to fight. In an up-close duel, one of the players can just not fire back and fly around, dodging shots. This is a problem and a waste.

Once staff understands that there is a difference between a strategy and between being an assclown like Mosquito, then Elim will stop sucking.

No wait, Elim will never stop sucking.

Comment

LOL! What a cool word, "assclown" :-P
                    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

97.9, is that "the Loop" win?
                      sage

Comment

This guy in thew movie Rainman whos autistic says it all the time... it's a great movie you should see it. As for the loop thing... not sure :-/
                        -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                          Once again, the point of ELIMintation is to be the last one around ant not to get ELIMinated. Hiding allows for this to happen.
                          Depends how you see it, i consider the name elim to mean that the aim is to ELIMinate other players and consequently get a good record, if that wasn't the point of elim then why do kills increase your elim ranking yet Wins not affect your ranking at all. In my mind this signifies that the idea of ELIM is to get a good record, which in my opinion isn't possible if you hide in a corner all game.
                          Tigerex

Comment

Perhaps, but the winner of the Elim is the last person standing. As long as one can remain standing without breaking any rules, they should have that right. And breaking rules should not be confused with strategy.

Comment

you see my point though

Yeh i understand what u mean but still, Hiding in a corner all game isn't the most fun way to play elim anyway, not that elim is all that fun to start off with.
                              Tigerex

Comment

Working...
                              X