A Must Read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must Read!

IM SORRY FOR THE LENGTH, BUT ITS A GOOD READ! THIS WAS TAKEN FROM A POST ON www.gamewinners.com and I give Otacon credit for doing his homework and really finding out the true meaning of Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty (even though this is just a theory.

Otacon
    The Hip Hop Japanese Guy

The Patriots.... A Whole New Look on Things....(may contain spoilers)

Greetings fellow snake members! After extensive and ongoing research, I have been searching for any evidence on the Patriots and if they in fact exist in today’s world. The fact of the matter is Hideo always incorporates something within today’s world into his games. For those of you that remember, in MGS1 they talked about gene experiments, gene therapy, and creating the perfect soldier. Then shortly after, what did scientists do? They were able to completely clone an animal. Now they want to use human embryos as part of more experiments. Now, what I’m about to talk about is the Patriots in MGS2, and what I’ve been able to uncover with the Patriots and well as GW.

One final note, this is all theory. All information disclosed here are facts provided by various news websites and the Whitehouse website. Also note that the information shared is in one member’s opinion and does not represent the thoughts, feelings or view point of GameWinners.

Hideo is a creative genius. He has a way of showing his political view points in his games to express his growing concern on actions or decisions made by today’s US government. As the before mentioned MGS1 where genes therapy and cloning was shown, likewise, in MGS2 there is a continuous theme throughout the game in regards to the Patriots. But who are the Patriots?

Many think it’s a group of dead guys that died 100 years ago like what Otacon said at the end of the game. Others sit there and say, “wait a minute, what about that ‘essence’ thing that they talked about with living within the walls of the white house?”<not an exact quote mind you> Well, as it turns out, I found that only 1 month before the game hit the US market, OUR US government passed a bill into law. This law is called the “Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism” Act… otherwise deemed, The “PATRIOT” Act as announced by the president. “As of today, we're changing the laws governing information-sharing….” A quote from George W. Bush. Surveillance of communications is another essential tool to pursue and stop terrorists. The existing law was written in the era of rotary telephones. (80 to 100 years ago) “This new law that I sign today will allow surveillance of all communications used by terrorists, including e-mails, the Internet, and cell phones.” Another quote from President Bush. Now, with this new bill that’s supposed to combat terrorism, many believe that “Big Brother” will use this new power as a way of controlling information shared, passed on, and shown on the Information Super Highway-AKA the internet. "It's like giving the keys of your house to the government," de los Reyes says. "When they think they might need to use it, they'll use it." "This intrusion into our private life, the monitoring of our most personal thoughts and communications, makes the United States feel like the repressive Communist regimes of old," Zalud says. "If we become the 'land of the watched' instead of the 'land of the free,'

To bring this around full circle with the limited amount of space I have to write, basically, this new “PATRIOT” Act enacted by George W. Bush <GW> came into the existence because of the prior laws instated almost 100 years ago. <George W. Bush’s> GW’s power to control information given to the American public came into effect because the PATRIOT Act is now in effect. The bill gives federal authorities much wider latitude in monitoring Internet usage and expands the way such data is shared among different agencies. Many "tools" have already been put into place since this bill has been in effect. ISPs were required to install a device code named, "Carnivore" to monitor electronic communications and Internet usage. With such devices monitoring our internet activities, our emails, and what people, businesses, and webmasters share on the internet, our government can regulate what information is shared among the US citizens.

The Patriots’ essence living in the White House lives on through the laws that are passed by the Government. And the people that pick and choose which laws that we follow are the people behind the PATRIOT Act, which can be deemed, “The Patriots.”

I once again remind you that this is a work in progress and a theory. It by no means is complete which explains why some areas are thin or vague. All the information complied and posted here can be found on cnet, cnn.com, and whitehouse.gov.

Proudly Modding the Metal Gear Solid ForumREAD THE TRUTH ON THE PATRIOTS FROM MGS2: CLICK ME!
    OH GOD, PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND MY STUPID WANTED IMAGINATION
    Otacon's mood for today::
    Otacon's Foxhound members: Aquaman, Gray Fox, Lord Kyvek, ml-2, the summary guy, TheGreatOne, Piccolo920, codegamer, J.G. Pliskin, wolfgar256, AuToMaG, ~*^Liquidus Snake^*~, PzYcHe, Cmdr. Gabe E., Zedgar2 and Sonic

Last edited by Otacon on August 19th, 2002 at 12:45 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

January 28th, 2002
    04:51 AM
    DELETED

OMG we have a psychic in our midst.

You can quote me on this, but...

I see death in the future of the world, but to offset this tragedy, I forsee forthcoming of new life.

Thus says the Justin.

-nt-
    Reclusion
    "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

A must read

False Advertising.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

love ur avatar though, sweet old ff7 memmories

Comment

Working...
        X