Details on how Leagues and Tourneys work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details on how Leagues and Tourneys work

Hey all. I had a hard time figuring out how the Leagues work and how the Tourneys will work, mainly because the twleagues.org web site is not clear about a lot of things.

While it is a pretty nice site design, it fails to provide basic content, like what Leagues and Tourneys are, how they work, how to get involved, and what the current status of each League and Tourney is (especially twl-b).

So, I have a guide that I put together on my squad's web site at http://time.selectconsult.com. Just click the "League" link to go to the info.

Maybe it will be helpful to some people. Maybe the maintainer of the twleagues.org site can copy some of what I have there. Maybe I have some mistakes and you will be kind enough to correct me. Maybe TW staff can use my help designing, maintaining, and creating content for their web sites.

Lots of maybe's, but for what its worth, check it out if ya feel like it. And if you all want my help on the TW web sites, just let me know (email timelords@selectconsult.com)

-- Space_Hiker

"Some squads are disqualified because they never have enough members online to play a game, or squads may be disqualified for cheating or other reasons. When a squad is disqualified, an opening is created and a new squad can get into the Leagues. The leaders of the Leagues will hold tryouts to see what squad takes their place."

-It's not really tryouts. For this season when squads got removed either the league coordinator just picked a squad (like the case of whiterabbits and some others) or a tournament was held (like for drastic and pure luck and gutter I think).

"For Basing League (TWL-B), the top squad at the end of the season is the Champion. Right now, the season for TWL-B is OVER and the Champion is "Light". There will be no more play in TWL-B until the next TWL-B season starts."

-Acid confirmed an 8 squad TWLB cup. It's basically playoffs, except for the fact that Light is the twlb champ even if they don't win the cup. Playoffs would have been the way to go in my opinion. There is also supposed to be an allstar game. So twlb is basically over, but there are a few things left to go.

"For TWL-D and TWL-J, at the end of the regular season, the top squads in the Leagues go on to play in the playoffs. Just like in many other sports, teams are eliminated one by one during the playoffs, until 1 team finally becomes the Champion."

- You should point out it's double elimination.

When the playoffs are over, it is time to begin thinking about a new season of Trench Wars Tournaments. To get into the Leagues, squads compete against each other in the Trench Wars Tournaments. The Tournament games are a lot like League games, except they are less formal and any squad can compete in a Tournament. Right now, Mythrandir is working on a "Tournament-bot" that will automatically host Tournament games, so that when it is complete, any squad can have a Tournament game at any time, as long as they have enough people online and can find another squad to play against.

-I think it's going by the name TWD (Trench Wars Division) now.

Comment

Working...
    X