PDA

View Full Version : How Sad

THE ENFORCER
05-01-2004, 11:32 AM
i hope you die in combat, you fuckin loser.
Post #29 from Iraqis fucking love us

How sad and offensive this statement is to all soldiers. Is this J=T perspective on all soldiers? What has this world come to?
Shouldnt this be warrant for a ban? Any ideas? Do any of you agree with this?

This is the most offensive statement ive read in a long time. do you guys agree?

cundor
05-01-2004, 11:48 AM
I've seen some pics in the news about American and British soldier torturing iraqees.
I have no respect for those soldiers, so they can die, yes die

Mr. Peanuts
05-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I have an idea enforcer, shut your fuckin mouth

Subjugation
05-01-2004, 12:40 PM
you posted a trash talk thread in Gen Disc.

just because i hate you, doesn't mean i hate all soldiers. it's a retarded conclusion to jump to, you know it, we all know it. you're just trying to stir shit up, as usual.

Troll King
05-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Wow, someone trying to take the high road in wishing death upon someone else. :rolleyes:

lunch3
05-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Cundor, it wasn't torture, it was making POWs pose naked and scaring them. Torture means inflicting physical harm mostly, and inflicting mental harm if you want to be knit-picky about it. So what a few US soldiers made some Iraqi POWs unsure of their sexuality.

Again this is wrong to do in an unwritten moral code, but don't call it torture.

Evasive
05-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Wow, someone taking offence to it. :rolleyes:

Subjugation
05-01-2004, 12:55 PM
wow, tk sniping the rare drive-by-dig. :rolleyes:

instead of chirping from afar, why not actually say what's on your mind.

sexy wooden spoon
05-01-2004, 02:06 PM
No nation/race can take a high morale ground. I am sure all of our armies have a few who do bad things.

Troll King
05-01-2004, 02:16 PM
wow, tk sniping the rare drive-by-dig. :rolleyes:

instead of chirping from afar, why not actually say what's on your mind.

I thought it was fairly obvious. If you want some help pointing it out to you, I'm sure you can ask around.

Sarien
05-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Post #29 from Iraqis fucking love us

How sad and offensive this statement is to all soldiers. Is this J=T perspective on all soldiers? What has this world come to?

This is the most offensive statement ive read in a long time. do you guys agree?

This is no different than any of the bazillion other "I hope you die" comments thrown around by people that get pissed off and have nothing else to say, so they say that. He didn't say "I hope all soldiers everywhere die". He .. hates.. you.. get it? He don't like you.. That's what the world has come to.. nothing more.. nothing less, and in no way is it even remotely close to ban-worthy. Offensive, yes.. but there are offensive people in the world, including yourself. I mean.. it's not like arguing with yourself under two different names in a thread, or breaking any of the other explicit forum rules, or anything.

wadi
05-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Moved to Trash Talk.

Ego threads are a good way to get a warning for spam, FYI, and he wasn't talking about all soldiers, just you.

Subjugation
05-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I thought it was fairly obvious. If you want some help pointing it out to you, I'm sure you can ask around.i was being equally sarcastic, hence the same eye roll that was in your thread.

Troll King
05-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Your point being what? You've mastered the old "I was being sarcastic" excuse? Next time, put the "sarcasm smiley" at the end of the entire post, instead of just after one sentence and then starting another one right after it. That way, the sarcasm excuse sounds more plausible.

Subjugation
05-01-2004, 09:27 PM
i'll keep that in mind for when i decide to actually use it as an excuse, but nice distraction instead of just admitting you misinterpreted the post.

DoTheFandango
05-01-2004, 09:58 PM

Stop generalizing yourself with soldiers first of all. You aren't even one yet!

You have not seen what they have seen, you have not experienced what they have. You have not felt what they have felt.

Second of all, stop generalizing period. Just because he wants you dead, doesn't mean he wants every soldier dead. That's like saying "I'm going to kill you." and thinking I meant "I'm going to kill everyone!!!"

Your arguements are baseless. Your points are invalid. You lie to disprove facts. You are the single worst debater on this forum.

Two steps.

1.) Lift lower lip above your head.
2.) Swallow.

THE ENFORCER
05-01-2004, 10:22 PM
So your saying its ok for people to wish soldiers dead in combat if they have different political opnions. So when soldiers return home from Iraq and some of them were right wing your saying its ok for J=T to shout out "i hope you died in Iraq". Because i dont.

Also wishing one soldier dead is just about wishing all soldiers in a platoon dead because having one soldier dead decreases the security of that platoon.

Sarien
05-01-2004, 10:32 PM
So your saying its ok for people to wish soldiers dead in combat if they have different political opnions.
^ Better Known As: "War"

Troll King
05-01-2004, 11:00 PM
i'll keep that in mind for when i decide to actually use it as an excuse, but nice distraction instead of just admitting you misinterpreted the post.

How much longer do you intend for us to keep circling around who did or did not get each other's sarcasm? That's not a game I wanted to play, but if you like, we can go another couple rounds.

THE ENFORCER
05-01-2004, 11:07 PM
^ Better Known As: "War"

Too shay, ummm ok ill change it abit So your saying its ok for people to wish your own country's soldiers dead in combat if they have different political opnions.

Liquid Blue
05-01-2004, 11:41 PM
So your saying its ok for people to wish soldiers dead in combat if they have different political opnions. So when soldiers return home from Iraq and some of them were right wing your saying its ok for J=T to shout out "i hope you died in Iraq". Because i dont.

Also wishing one soldier dead is just about wishing all soldiers in a platoon dead because having one soldier dead decreases the security of that platoon.

Stop trying to drag in the majority again. He was talking about YOU. Not all soilders, not a platoon, YOU. He doesn't like you, he wishes you would die, and you alone. Accept that already.

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Stop trying to drag in the majority again. He was talking about YOU. Not all soilders, not a platoon, YOU. He doesn't like you, he wishes you would die, and you alone. Accept that already.

read post #17

wadi
05-02-2004, 05:43 AM

No no no no no no no. Not "soldiers" not "people of different political opinions" ,YOU. Wait, maybe that wasn't clear enough. Jesus=Terrorist didn't want soldiers to die in Iraq. He wanted:

YOU

to die in Iraq. Frankly, I bet he'd be okay if you died elsewhere too.

You're pissing people off, and it's not because your opinions differ, and it's not because we're "immature", it's NOT because you're smarter than we are, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A GRADE A MORON. You're a complete ego bloated ignorant shit, and you're not worth arguing with because that goddamn skull of yours is so thick that even the searing pain of your own idiocy can't get through and make you say "OH SHIT! I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! MAYBE I SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP FOR ONCE, INSTEAD OF BABBLING ON IN THE HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL QUOTE MY WORTHLESS ASS TEXT AND VALIDATE MY MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE!"

It's not that I disagree with you, you're just an idiot. If you've got another board to go to, go. Time's a' wastin', and frankly I'd throw a party if you left.

Da1andonly
05-02-2004, 07:19 AM
THE ENFORCER reminds me of a guy who was in the same class as I, a couple of years back. We called him Kulan ( = Marble in swedish), cause he had like the biggest head and the smallest brain. Maybe he is THE ENFORCER?

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 09:34 AM
only have yourselves to blame when another terrorist attack happens you cant blame me.

wadi
05-02-2004, 10:01 AM
only have yourselves to blame when another terrorist attack happens you cant blame me.

Ya, but then we can come back and look at your ridiculous ass posts for a good cheering up afterwards.

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Ya, but then we can come back and look at your ridiculous ass posts for a good cheering up afterwards.

like which ones provide examples i bet you cant even find one!

Liquid Blue
05-02-2004, 10:42 AM
When are you leaving for Iraq.

EDIT: Hell, when are you leaving from here.

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 10:49 AM
When are you leaving for Iraq.

As soon as possible because unlike all you people i am patrotic, i support my country and want to save civilians lives.

DoTheFandango
05-02-2004, 11:00 AM
As soon as possible because unlike all you people i am patrotic, i support my country and want to save civilians lives.

By shooting other civilians?

Fool.

Maybe you don't realize that YOU ARE NOT A SOLDIER YET. BY WISHING YOU DEAD HE WAS NOT WISHING ANY SOLDIER TO DEATH, YET. Stop grouping yourselves in this brave yet sad group.

P.S. not all soldiers want to be there. Your generalizations are bologna.

Sarien
05-02-2004, 11:08 AM
like which ones provide examples i bet you cant even find one!

Here's two.. from this thread alone:

So when soldiers return home from Iraq and some of them were right wing your saying its ok for J=T to shout out "i hope you died in Iraq".
This is like the thing you hope people will say to show how dumb they can be, but still even when you see it, you're shocked that they actually managed it. It was kinda overlooked I think.. but.. hehe.. Let's look at the logic "Hey Mister living breathing soldier, in front of me.. I hope you died in Iraq!.. Obviously you didn't, but I still hope it."

Do we blame the actual (READ: NOT IRAQI) terrorists that attack?
Do we blame the government officials that were lax in whatever duty done to prevent the attack?

No.

We decide to blame an Australian High School Student.

Now.. can we guess what eerie parallel that has to it? Why people hate Bush and want him gone? Just replace "Australian High School Student" with.. "Iraqi Dictator" and we get what -actually- happened. Is it sinking in yet, Enforcer?

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 11:17 AM
This is like the thing you hope people will say to show how dumb they can be, but still even when you see it, you're shocked that they actually managed it. It was kinda overlooked I think.. but.. hehe.. Let's look at the logic "Hey Mister living breathing soldier, in front of me.. I hope you died in Iraq!.. Obviously you didn't, but I still hope it."

You've completely missed the point its quite laughable really.

Do we blame the actual (READ: NOT IRAQI) terrorists that attack?
Do we blame the government officials that were lax in whatever duty done to prevent the attack?

People like you should be partially blamed for a future terrorist attack if everyone fully supported the war in Iraq, the war would run much smoother and US security will be alot better ive already proven this before and yet i find that im repeating myself yet agian how many times must i say it before it sinks in! Terrorist are obviously have responsibility but you people are undermining US security thus providing a hinderence in protection against terrorist so yes you are also partially to blame.

We decide to blame an Australian High School Student.

Uni student

Now.. can we guess what eerie parallel that has to it? Why people hate Bush and want him gone? Just replace "Australian High School Student" with.. "Iraqi Dictator" and we get what -actually- happened. Is it sinking in yet, Enforcer?

How can you possibly compare Bush to Saddam, Bush has no-where near committed atrocites of Saddam Bush infact is protecting the free world and America just that you are too stupid to realise that but one day you will.

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 11:20 AM
By shooting other civilians?

Fool.

Maybe you don't realize that YOU ARE NOT A SOLDIER YET. BY WISHING YOU DEAD HE WAS NOT WISHING ANY SOLDIER TO DEATH, YET. Stop grouping yourselves in this brave yet sad group.

P.S. not all soldiers want to be there. Your generalizations are bologna.

Another stupid comment made US soldiers dont go into Iraq to kill civillians! they kill resistence groups that threaten US soldiers get some intelligence before posting on these threads.
He was wishing me dead because of my political views so anyother soldier who shared my political views he would want the same.

THE ENFORCER
05-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Ive had enough obvious that you people are stuck in your ways and im not going to change it, when another major terrorist attack happens in US you will realise that Bush, me and other right-wingers were correct and you idealistic left wingers were not realistic and pretty much fools i hope you people can live with yourselves when another 1000 or so US civilains die and i hope you see the effect your views have taken in the end it will all come clear one way or another. If you people accept my views no civilians will need to die if you dont many civilians will die its your choice.

This is my last post on the topic unless someone provides any plausable and intelligent arguments but considering i provided all logical arguments and no-one has provided a logical rebuttal to them i dont think that will happen. I wish the santity of life was as important for you as it is for me but obvously its not so i say goodbye.

Sarien
05-02-2004, 01:13 PM
People like you should be partially blamed for a future terrorist attack if everyone fully supported the war in Iraq, the war would run much smoother and US security will be alot better ive already proven this before and yet i find that im repeating myself yet agian how many times must i say it before it sinks in! Terrorist are obviously have responsibility but you people are undermining US security thus providing a hinderence in protection against terrorist so yes you are also partially to blame.

Why.. thanks for telling me that I should be partially blamed, and that I "undermine security" for believing that invading sovereign nations without just evidence, cause, and backing of the world community is wrong.

In conclusion:

You sir.. are a giant flaming ball of stupid.

Evasive
05-02-2004, 01:29 PM
hey the enforcer, I would also like it if you die in combat.

DoTheFandango
05-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Another stupid comment made US soldiers dont go into Iraq to kill civillians! they kill resistence groups that threaten US soldiers get some intelligence before posting on these threads.
He was wishing me dead because of my political views so anyother soldier who shared my political views he would want the same.

Not for your political views. You are just a dumbass.

For this, I wish you to die in combat as well.

Ivan
05-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Lol eva

suxxor
05-02-2004, 08:49 PM
actually yknow, I wouldn't mind either.

Ivan
05-03-2004, 01:03 AM
yi suxxor, who are you btw?

suxxor
05-03-2004, 02:38 PM
yi suxxor, who are you btw?
ah, I just lurk most of the time. I'm the guy responsible for Sarien being here. you're all very, very welcome. :D

Ivan
05-03-2004, 04:42 PM
YOU MUST BE HIS/HER WIFE! Sup DUDE?

eehh
05-03-2004, 04:58 PM
if you die or just leave the forum is the same shit, enforcer, as long as we dont have to see you anymore

Troll King
05-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Am I the only one old enough to remember a time when saying you wish someone dies was a bad thing? I can't imagine anything the Enforcer has done for anybody to wish he'd die in combat. I mean, I'd hate to think how you'd all react if he actually did something REALLY bad to you.

Sure, you might shrug it off because it's "just words", and maybe the Enforcer did push it a bit by taking those words and redirecting them to include the men and women fighting over there, but in all seriousness, that really is a horrible thing to say to another human being. Not only that, but in a way, it is insulting to those soldiers, but not in the way that the Enforcer meant. I'm not saying that the comment meant that you wish all soldiers to die in combat. The fact is, there are soldiers dying over there, and to wish someone the same fate is more than just a bit insulting to them and the sacrifices that they've made. To some of you here, it's just an insult. To them, it's a fact of life.

It seems that J=T isn't the only one who missed the point of my earlier post.

Cops
05-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I wish THE ENFORCER would leave this forum just like he said he would a few different times.

Sarien
05-03-2004, 08:35 PM
YOU MUST BE HIS/HER WIFE! Sup DUDE?

I'm a him. And no Suxxor isn't my wife.
He's some dude I know from a different game, that said in January "Hey, I know this game that's more addictive than crack" and I said "heh.. sure.. lemme see... " and then I played for 4 hours straight, and usually once a day since then.

Cops
05-03-2004, 08:45 PM
what game Sarien? Are you talking about Continum?

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Am I the only one old enough to remember a time when saying you wish someone dies was a bad thing? I can't imagine anything the Enforcer has done for anybody to wish he'd die in combat. I mean, I'd hate to think how you'd all react if he actually did something REALLY bad to you.

Sure, you might shrug it off because it's "just words", and maybe the Enforcer did push it a bit by taking those words and redirecting them to include the men and women fighting over there, but in all seriousness, that really is a horrible thing to say to another human being. Not only that, but in a way, it is insulting to those soldiers, but not in the way that the Enforcer meant. I'm not saying that the comment meant that you wish all soldiers to die in combat. The fact is, there are soldiers dying over there, and to wish someone the same fate is more than just a bit insulting to them and the sacrifices that they've made. To some of you here, it's just an insult. To them, it's a fact of life.

It seems that J=T isn't the only one who missed the point of my earlier post.

gosh, how touching.

with your subversive comments...bullshit assumptions...the condescending morality speech...and you want to get sarcastic about the high road? get over yourself.

people give you a ton of credit, but i don't give a fuck. sometimes you live up to your self-promoted motto of fairness, but other times you're just as much of an asshole as the next guy. the only difference is you like to hide it behind the thinly veiled guise of sardonic intellectualism.

as far as the wish for death upon the enforcer, i don't think the others really meant it, but i sure as hell did. not necessarily the combat part---that was taken out of context---but i wouldn't feel one bit bad if he died. the world needs fewer neo-conservative zealots, and death is overrated anyway.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 12:34 AM
How sad.

ajaxee
05-04-2004, 12:41 AM
ur all nuts

wadi
05-04-2004, 05:30 AM
Nah, but it's nice to flame a troll every once in a while. Unless the rest of you haven't figured it out yet, he's just being a fuck for the sake of being a fuck.

Jerome Scuggs
05-04-2004, 07:54 AM
gosh, how touching.

with your subversive comments...bullshit assumptions...the condescending morality speech...and you want to get sarcastic about the high road? get over yourself.

people give you a ton of credit, but i don't give a fuck. sometimes you live up to your self-promoted motto of fairness, but other times you're just as much of an asshole as the next guy. the only difference is you like to hide it behind the thinly veiled guise of sardonic intellectualism.

as far as the wish for death upon the enforcer, i don't think the others really meant it, but i sure as hell did. not necessarily the combat part---that was taken out of context---but i wouldn't feel one bit bad if he died. the world needs fewer neo-conservative zealots, and death is overrated anyway.

Assuming from your use of "neo-conservative zealot" i assume you are liberal. You, my friend, should be embracing morals, not attacking them.

"So, why is bush in iraq bad?"
"B-B-B-ECAUSE! THOSE INNOCENT IRAQI PRISONERS ARE BEING TORTURED!"
"If theyre innocent..how come theyre prisoners?"
"BECAUSE BUSH IS A BAD MAN!"
"British arrested them...not Bush?"
"SO! BUSH IS SO BAD!"
"Why?"
"HE'S IMMORAL!" (this coming from proponents of abortion)
"How?"
"JUST IS!"
"..."
"WAIT! OIL! HE DID IT FOR OIL! BAD!"

thats the summation of approximately 500 convos ive had this week with various hippies, anarchists, liberals, etc.

I'm not defending the troll...but I fail to see how his purely logical, and true arguemnts are in anyways "assumptions" or "subversive comments". My dad's a cop, fucker, and he risks his life protecting me from scum like you. I mean yeah, its hip and cool to hate the government, but lets be real here.

Edit: you're a californian. Let me rephrase everything for your Cali ears.

"Dude, sticking it to the man isn't cool anymore. We're supposed to listen to Avril and wear orange hair. Let's go get high."

Sarien
05-04-2004, 01:15 PM
what game Sarien? Are you talking about Continum?

I originally met him on this online text RPG that I'm an old player at. He then told me about Continuum, and said it was more addictive than crack. I didn't believe him.. and then suddenly I'm playing for hours at a time.

"So, why is bush in iraq bad?"
"B-B-B-ECAUSE! THOSE INNOCENT IRAQI PRISONERS ARE BEING TORTURED!"
"If theyre innocent..how come theyre prisoners?"
"BECAUSE BUSH IS A BAD MAN!"
"British arrested them...not Bush?"
"SO! BUSH IS SO BAD!"
"Why?"
"HE'S IMMORAL!" (this coming from proponents of abortion)
"How?"
"JUST IS!"
"..."
"WAIT! OIL! HE DID IT FOR OIL! BAD!"

Ok Let me try your questions with my answers although it won't go quite the same route.
"So, why is Bush in Iraq bad?"
"Because not only was Iraq a sovereign nation, they were innocent of the charges Bush accused them of as the reason for invading. The United Nations didn't forbid the United States from invading, all they wanted was for the US to merely wait for actual proof and wait for the conclusion of an investigation, but Bush absolutely refused, and he proved wrong. This makes his entire invasion unjustified, quite possibly illegal, and maybe a war crime."

"If they're innocent... how come they're prisoners?"
"Because being a Prisoner of War does not automatically equate to you being guilty of a crime. You can be a prisoner for many reasons, and in this sense they are being kept prisoner entirely for the reason that if they were released they would then bolster the opposing force's strength. They are not criminals in the sense of being in prison, they are being held as prisoners, and as such have to be treated in accords with the Geneva Convention, or else, that IS a war crime."

"The British arrested them.. not Bush"
"True though they call it arrested it isn't the same sort of arrest as in the US. It's more like took them into custody. Though this is indeed true, the fact remains that the British wouldn't have been there, nor would the US troops, without Bush pushing for this unjustified war to begin with."

"Why is Bush so bad?"
"Well this boils down to personal opinion for most everyone, but I believe that when a president leads a country into an unjustified war, without even finishing the earlier justified war he led, then that indeed makes him a bad President, and it's time for him to get himself gone."

"How is Bush Immoral?"
"Again, the United Nations, didn't forbid the United States from attacking Iraq, they opposed the action pending the outcome of an investigation. All they wanted was proof to legitimize the entire operation. You must admit, this isn't a lot to ask when it comes to something as big as a war. Despite this tiniest of moral snags (only the guilty should be punished), Bush was completely glib and unwilling to co-operate. He sent young men of this nation into harm's way, and in the end it was a completely unjustified situation. If you ask me.. that's a pretty immoral thing to do."

How's that? Does your father protect you from scum like me, too? The fact that you said that to someone merely voicing opposition to the government, shows that you have utterly no clue what a police force in the United States is in actuality for. I disagree with most of the things my government does, not out of a need to disagree with something, but instead out of what I like to feel is a pretty solid notion of right and wrong.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Assuming from your use of "neo-conservative zealot" i assume you are liberal. You, my friend, should be embracing morals, not attacking them.

in regards to voting, actually i'm an independent and a moderate. there are some things that i'm liberal about, and some things i'm conservative about. for example: violent crime? i'm conservative about that. non-violent drug offenses? i'm liberal. death penalty? i'm conservative. abortion rights? i'm liberal.

I'm not defending the troll...but I fail to see how his purely logical, and true arguemnts are in anyways "assumptions" or "subversive comments". My dad's a cop, fucker, and he risks his life protecting me from scum like you. I mean yeah, its hip and cool to hate the government, but lets be real here.

1. subversive comment--- "Wow, someone trying to take the high road in wishing death upon someone else. :rolleyes: "

2. bullshit assumption--- "Your point being what? You've mastered the old "I was being sarcastic" excuse?"

3. your dad's a cop--- if he's an honest cop, tell him i appreciate him putting his life on the line everyday for the safety of the common citizen.

4. and you're right, some people think it's cool to hate the government, but a stable government is the foundation of civilized society. i don't give a fuck about cool. i give a fuck about a president who had an agenda before 9/11 even happened, and abused his authority to pin the blame on a leader he wanted to overthrow. and if speaking out against a president who abuses his authority, lies to his constituents about something as serious as starting a war, and calls people unpatriotic when they don't blindly go along with whatever his administration says...if merely questioning authority makes me scum, then i'm fine with your opinion.

besides, didn't you have a picture of che guevara as your avatar?

Troll King
05-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Just wondering: what's YOUR definition of "subversive"?

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Just wondering: what's YOUR definition of "subversive"?

one of the accepted forms.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Enlighten us. How does it apply here?

Jerome Scuggs
05-04-2004, 04:08 PM
didn't you have a picture of che guevara as your avatar?

in class, ill get to the other stuff when i have the time, but this amused me :) it wasnt che, it was me in a beret but lookin like che. I like his revolutionist attitude (in shreveport ive helped start an awareness orginization for Ayn Rand / Free market capitalism. Alot of people have picked up on it- its anti-state, pro-freedom. Call it "stable anarchy" if you must, but i find anarchy to be a term that scares alot of people. I belive that the governments role should be national defense. The government runs only because we vested power in them- and WE dont have the power to murder, so why do they? etc. etc.)

Adeon
05-04-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't particular care for either j=t or CAPITAL LETTERS ENFORCER, and I don't feel like going through all the tirades on this thread. But I'd just like to note there's a difference between making the offhand comment of "i hate you, and hope you get struck by lightning" in the heat of anger, and that of wishing death upon someone who is actually at risk of having that happen to him.

Jerome Scuggs
05-04-2004, 04:26 PM
"Because not only was Iraq a sovereign nation, they were innocent of the charges Bush accused them of as the reason for invading. The United Nations didn't forbid the United States from invading, all they wanted was for the US to merely wait for actual proof and wait for the conclusion of an investigation, but Bush absolutely refused, and he proved wrong. This makes his entire invasion unjustified, quite possibly illegal, and maybe a war crime."

Concede it's all true. Can;t argue there- but, we did save the iraqi's from torture at the hands of Saddam and prevented further development of weapons. And, its a good hegemony measure.

"Because being a Prisoner of War does not automatically equate to you being guilty of a crime. You can be a prisoner for many reasons, and in this sense they are being kept prisoner entirely for the reason that if they were released they would then bolster the opposing force's strength. They are not criminals in the sense of being in prison, they are being held as prisoners, and as such have to be treated in accords with the Geneva Convention, or else, that IS a war crime."

Wow..haven't heard that one yet, I'll just use the 'better them in prison instead of adding to the hundreds of murders' excuse

"True though they call it arrested it isn't the same sort of arrest as in the US. It's more like took them into custody. Though this is indeed true, the fact remains that the British wouldn't have been there, nor would the US troops, without Bush pushing for this unjustified war to begin with."

Now you're pushing it back to the 'US started it' thing. Let's just say this: We don't like to say we are displeased with a country by ramming innocent civilians into two towers full of innocent civilians.

"Well this boils down to personal opinion for most everyone, but I believe that when a president leads a country into an unjustified war, without even finishing the earlier justified war he led, then that indeed makes him a bad President, and it's time for him to get himself gone."

This, I totally concede, because of my personal beliefs- a government's power is vested from the people. The people have the right only to kill in self defense. Therefore, the government only has the right to self defense. (indeed, this should be the governments only place. The individual can care for himself.) Now, Bush can use lawyer cockamime and say 'oh but Iraq was self defense!' but It wouldn't cut it. Yes, a majority say the way is good and justified, but what about the minority?

"Again, the United Nations, didn't forbid the United States from attacking Iraq, they opposed the action pending the outcome of an investigation. All they wanted was proof to legitimize the entire operation. You must admit, this isn't a lot to ask when it comes to something as big as a war. Despite this tiniest of moral snags (only the guilty should be punished), Bush was completely glib and unwilling to co-operate. He sent young men of this nation into harm's way, and in the end it was a completely unjustified situation. If you ask me.. that's a pretty immoral thing to do."

I totally agree with him attacking Iraq. I don't agree with him colonizing it. (yes, thats exactly what it is.) We lost like what, 2 people winning the war- its trying to make Iraq, a land of totally different culture, into a Minimerica.

How's that? Does your father protect you from scum like me, too? The fact that you said that to someone merely voicing opposition to the government, shows that you have utterly no clue what a police force in the United States is in actuality for. I disagree with most of the things my government does, not out of a need to disagree with something, but instead out of what I like to feel is a pretty solid notion of right and wrong.

You didnt wish death on someone. This doesnt apply to you. At any rate, I dont like the "system" either, or at least most of it. What I dont like is people who dont like the system but then provide irrational solutions like anarchy or socialism. Anarchy -> pure violation of man's rights (through death, murder, stealing, etc). Socialism -> pure violation of man's rights (through forced labor, hrestrictions, economic restrictions). If you want to debate that, be my guest, but in another thread, plz :)

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Enlighten us. How does it apply here?

you're an educated man. i'm skeptical that you sincerely don't understand how it applies.

Cops
05-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Jerome what weapons? I Can't Find Any Of These "weapons". Still love you though.

wadi
05-04-2004, 06:55 PM
in class, ill get to the other stuff when i have the time, but this amused me :) it wasnt che, it was me in a beret but lookin like che. I like his revolutionist attitude (in shreveport ive helped start an awareness orginization for Ayn Rand / Free market capitalism. Alot of people have picked up on it- its anti-state, pro-freedom. Call it "stable anarchy" if you must, but i find anarchy to be a term that scares alot of people. I belive that the governments role should be national defense. The government runs only because we vested power in them- and WE dont have the power to murder, so why do they? etc. etc.)

AAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA Hh

Ayn Rand.

Sarien
05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Wow..haven't heard that one yet, I'll just use the 'better them in prison instead of adding to the hundreds of murders' excuse

The thing here you need to realize.. Sometime after the complete cessation of hostilities, all these people will then be free.

Now you're pushing it back to the 'US started it' thing. Let's just say this: We don't like to say we are displeased with a country by ramming innocent civilians into two towers full of innocent civilians.

Neither did the nation of Iraq. Unless you've forgotten that would be Al Qaeda, which the head of still is running around in Afghanistan, a different country entirely.

This, I totally concede, because of my personal beliefs- a government's power is vested from the people. The people have the right only to kill in self defense. Therefore, the government only has the right to self defense. (indeed, this should be the governments only place. The individual can care for himself.) Now, Bush can use lawyer cockamime and say 'oh but Iraq was self defense!' but It wouldn't cut it.
How can you believe this... and also the following?

I totally agree with him attacking Iraq.

That doesn't make sense, you say that our government should only get involved in wars for self defense, then say that attacking Iraq wasn't self-defense, then say that you agree with attacking Iraq?
Something has to give. Nobody disputes that Saddam wasn't a good guy. He's nobody I'd have over to my house for dinner. But that's a bit different than going into his house, killing people there that resist, and taking him out. The war is unjustified, soldiers are fighting against Iraqi citizenry and guerillas, many want to come home but instead are having their stays extended thanks to that congressional stop-loss order... As I keep telling people.. more in common with Vietnam every single day that this charade continues.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I don't particular care for either j=t or CAPITAL LETTERS ENFORCER, and I don't feel like going through all the tirades on this thread. But I'd just like to note there's a difference between making the offhand comment of "i hate you, and hope you get struck by lightning" in the heat of anger, and that of wishing death upon someone who is actually at risk of having that happen to him.

when i originally wished death upon the enforcer, it was in the heat of the moment. this started in another thread we were discussing a hot-button political issue. i stated an opinion, to which he countered the opinion with his own. i then reasserted my position supported with facts and included the links for those facts in the thread. his response was to lie and say those links were meaningless, as trolls and liars often do---discount facts with lies and spin. it ramped up from there and needless to say, i grew more than a little annoyed and wished death upon him.

earlier in this thread, in response to TK's post about the reverence of life, i softened my position a bit by saying "i wouldn't feel a bit bad if he died". and i meant that. i don't want to actually murder him, however, if i heard he died in a car accident, or by choking on a mouthful of his own bullshit i wouldn't be upset. why? because i don't believe in god, i don't think death is that big deal, i have a different perception about the value of life, and we all have it coming anyway. so i'm not going to sweat if an unreasonable lying troll happens to kick the bucket.

lastly, i want to make it clear that i didn't write this reply because i care if you or anyone else likes me or not. i realize i tend to have unconventional views. in fact, if you wish death upon me, i'm fine with that too. i just wanted to clarify that my indifference to his death has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he voluntarily puts himself in harms way in the military.

Cops
05-04-2004, 07:09 PM
and life goes on and on and on.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 07:10 PM
in shreveport ive helped start an awareness orginization for Ayn Rand / Free market capitalism.

sounds interesting, i really don't know much about rand's philosophy of objectivism, however from what i've read it sounds interesting.

do you have a website for your organization? i'd like to check it out if you do.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 07:38 PM
you're an educated man. i'm skeptical that you sincerely don't understand how it applies.

I really don't. Subversive means that it undermines an authority, and I fail to see how that would be a way you could describe my earlier statement. If you mean it in the way that it disagrees with you, then you'd be making an awful stretch in elevating your own position.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
I really don't. Subversive means that it undermines an authority, and I fail to see how that would be a way you could describe my earlier statement. If you mean it in the way that it disagrees with you, then you'd be making an awful stretch in elevating your own position.

it doesn't exclusively refer to authority.

Main Entry: sub·vert (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=subvert)

1 : to overturn or overthrow from the foundation :

Text: Synonyms: see undermine (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=undermine)

3 : to subvert or weaken insidiously or secretly

Jerome Scuggs
05-04-2004, 08:25 PM
The thing here you need to realize.. Sometime after the complete cessation of hostilities, all these people will then be free.

I'm too lazy to read what you originally said, so ill do this one later

Neither did the nation of Iraq. Unless you've forgotten that would be Al Qaeda, which the head of still is running around in Afghanistan, a different country entirely.

No, I'm saying the way we did it was best. We asked saddam to show us his WMD: no answer. Not a denial, not a concession- no answer. So we went in.

How can you believe this... and also the following?

It's a debate argument of sorts, entitled "Multiple worlds good." I can function on two different worlds- the world in which Bush attacks Iraq, and the world of my "Lassaiz-fierre" capitalism in which Bush didnt attack at all, being powerless as he was. In one world I agree with what was possible (agression), when in the other world I agree with what is possible (nonaggression). Not to say what was possible in one world wasnt possible in another, but we also factor in 'realism' and voila.

j=t, negative. we mainly have our discussions through school means, or at the local shows. If you want to read up on objectivism, click here (http://www.aynrand.org/objectivism/essentials.html), and free markets: here (http://lewrockwell.com).

also, an interesting article (http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/status-quo-ante.html) from lew rockwell, on Iraq.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 08:46 PM
it doesn't exclusively refer to authority.

Main Entry: sub·vert (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=subvert)

1 : to overturn or overthrow from the foundation :

Text: Synonyms: see undermine (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=undermine)

3 : to subvert or weaken insidiously or secretly

Well, like I said before, I was hardly being covert or "secret" about what I'm saying. You seem to be under the impression that my initial post in this thread had some other unspoken point.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 09:07 PM
roffle. troll king: the straight talker.

Facetious
05-04-2004, 09:12 PM
gosh, how touching.

I love how pretty much everything else he said has some validity (perhaps I wouldn't be so mean in describing you, but he has a point in saying what he's saying), but since you seem to be incapable of admitting that anything you do is wrong or inappropriate, you're spending your time attacking the one word he used incorrectly. His point didn't have anything to do with you being subversive, granted, but you do seem to get pleasure out of attacking people just as much as the next guy. Haha, interesting thought... perhaps by not defending yourself against the rest of the stuff he said, you're admitting to it, but you're offended by the use of the word "subversive" because you want to make for damn sure that everyone knows you're not against authority.

edit: I'm not siding with him in saying that you should just tell people you hope they die, I just thought your little discussion was interesting.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Fine, since you don't seem to get it, let me explain it to you.

Wow, someone trying to take the high road in wishing death upon someone else. :rolleyes:

You explained that you didn't want all soldiers to die but that you only wished for the Enforcer to die, right? My point was that I fail to see how that makes it any less wrong.

Mattey
05-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Because he doesn't like anything about THE ENFORCER. I would be fine if someone I didn't like anything about died.

This is different than saying I wish everyone dies, becuase then you're just a whack-o!!

P.S. It wouldn't bother me if Troll King died.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 09:30 PM
And nobody sees anything wrong with saying you wished someone was dead? That's what I meant about the "high road" and how that's considered acceptable. Even a muted "I wouldn't mind if you were dead" is a horrible thing to say to a person.

Facetious
05-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Haha, see, you still are too busy finding flaws in other people to address what I said about you, maybe you feel your flawless actions and perfect morals speak for themselves, God knows. Personally, I would never say that I hoped someone died, but of course I see different levels of saying it. Mattey is joking around in saying it, just to piss you off, he doesn't actually hope you die, I don't really see anything wrong with that. J=T clearly was letting his emotions get ahead of himself, and was being immature in saying what he said, but I wouldn't neccessarily go out of my way to argue with someone that's just kind of immature, unless I was doing it just to argue with someone for kicks. Which is something I admit I do.

Liquid Blue
05-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I bought myself 19 dollars worth of socks a few days ago.

EDI: $19.07

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Fine, since you don't seem to get it, let me explain it to you.

You explained that you didn't want all soldiers to die but that you only wished for the Enforcer to die, right? My point was that I fail to see how that makes it any less wrong.

dude. just because i don't agree doesn't mean i don't "get it". i'm just more cynical than you. sheesh, let it go.

Troll King
05-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Haha, see, you still are too busy finding flaws in other people to address what I said about you, maybe you feel your flawless actions and perfect morals speak for themselves, God knows. Personally, I would never say that I hoped someone died, but of course I see different levels of saying it. Mattey is joking around in saying it, just to piss you off, he doesn't actually hope you die, I don't really see anything wrong with that. J=T clearly was letting his emotions get ahead of himself, and was being immature in saying what he said, but I wouldn't neccessarily go out of my way to argue with someone that's just kind of immature, unless I was doing it just to argue with someone for kicks. Which is something I admit I do.

Heh... to be honest, you posted as I was writing mine so when my screen reloaded I didn't even see yours.

Fine then. Well first off, I've had arguments with a lot of people, and they always toss away something along the lines of calling what I say bullshit, but they never really do anything to show why it's bullshit. It's just a tossaway dismissal and that's why I didn't pick on it. I take great care to make sure I pick my words right and that I can stand behind anything I say. If people find I overlooked something then they can point it out and we'll talk about it. Please. Instead, all I hear is that it's all "bullshit" and they leave it at that. In most cases, the only reasons they mention to make that claim is some variation of the phrase "because I don't want you to be right".

As far as attacking people, well, when I see something wrong, I point it out. All too often they get overlooked and people jump on the bandwagon without realizing it's missing a wheel. Fact is, I'm not out there creating fires where none exist. Instead, I step in to posts where one party is getting unfairly burnt.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Well first off, I've had arguments with a lot of people, and they always toss away something along the lines of calling what I say bullshit, but they never really do anything to show why it's bullshit. It's just a tossaway dismissal and that's why I didn't pick on it. I take great care to make sure I pick my words right and that I can stand behind anything I say. If people find I overlooked something then they can point it out and we'll talk about it. Please. Instead, all I hear is that it's all "bullshit" and they leave it at that. In most cases, the only reasons they mention to make that claim is some variation of the phrase "because I don't want you to be right".

whatever. the arguments you had with other people have nothing to do with me. and i never called everything that you said bullshit. i said your assumption was bullshit---and it WAS bullshit. you were wrong that i was "using the 'I was being sarcastic' excuse".

THE ENFORCER
05-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Im glad that theres some people here that have sense namingly troll king and facetious.

But mattey, J=T etc even if i found someone that every singe view was the complete opposite to mine and thats as far as it goes i.e they dont go around killing or hurting people then i still wouldnt want them dead. I dont wish Nazis dead until they cross the line and actually hurt and kill alot of Jews then they must be punished, even then i would still prefer them to be in prison then dead but if they for some reason cant be in prison then they must die. I would say you are one more step towards an animal if you wish someone dead just because they have differing opnions. I find the most humane people are those people that accept and dont wish thier raper or murder to die but rather want to help them those people are a rarity and i admire them alot probably because i dont think i will be able act the way they do.

Liquid Blue
05-04-2004, 11:13 PM
No really, these socks are comfortable like hell.

Subjugation
05-04-2004, 11:21 PM
But...J=T...I would say you are one more step towards an animal if you wish someone dead just because they have differing opnions.

again, like the lying-idiot-troll you are, you're misrepreseting me. the reason i'm indifferent about your death is because you're a lying idiot troll, not because we disagree. i disagree with a lot of people on this forum, but i still have respect for them because they are reasonable. you aren't reasonable, you just think you are.

and i thought you weren't talking to me anymore.

suxxor
05-04-2004, 11:29 PM
where'd you get em? are they those nice thick woolen ones?

edit: I only ask because.. well, I'd like a pair of new comfortable socks.

THE ENFORCER
05-04-2004, 11:29 PM
explain?

Sarien
05-04-2004, 11:32 PM
No, I'm saying the way we did it was best. We asked saddam to show us his WMD: no answer. Not a denial, not a concession- no answer. So we went in.

Wrong. They allowed UN inspectors, remember Hans Blix?
But that wasn't good enough for Bush, who had to strike before the world absolutely said no, and look where we're at now?

It's a debate argument of sorts, entitled "Multiple worlds good." I can function on two different worlds- the world in which Bush attacks Iraq, and the world of my "Lassaiz-fierre" capitalism in which Bush didnt attack at all, being powerless as he was. In one world I agree with what was possible (agression), when in the other world I agree with what is possible (nonaggression). Not to say what was possible in one world wasnt possible in another, but we also factor in 'realism' and voila.

No offense or anything.. but wow... Bullshit detector overload. Yes I agree he should have attacked but no I don't agree he should have attacked? Pick a side of the fence, and stay on it, hell I don't even care if it's the wrong side of the fence.. just stick to it.

But mattey, J=T etc even if i found someone that every singe view was the complete opposite to mine and thats as far as it goes i.e they dont go around killing or hurting people then i still wouldnt want them dead. I dont wish Nazis dead until they cross the line and actually hurt and kill alot of Jews then they must be punished, even then i would still prefer them to be in prison then dead but if they for some reason cant be in prison then they must die. I would say you are one more step towards an animal if you wish someone dead just because they have differing opnions. I find the most humane people are those people that accept and dont wish thier raper or murder to die but rather want to help them those people are a rarity and i admire them alot probably because i dont think i will be able act the way they do.

It doesn't matter what you believe or want to believe or like or don't like. Humans are animals, and it's only ourselves that think up ideals like "being humane" and then stick a name on em, and say that they're good or bad. If J=T wants you dead, what are you going to do other than be shocked? Cry at night? No.. you're doing what you always do, find something else to argue about. Again.. for you too TK.. J=T saying that.. is offensive to a lot of people.. but there are offensive people in the world. Enforcer himself is offensive in his own blundering ways. Has anyone at all.. at -all- stopped to think that if Enforcer was really as offended and upset as he says he is, he'd:
A) stop replying to j=t
B) stop replying to people that agree with j=t
C) stop replying in this thread, since it's been said already by a forum moderator that it is nothing j=t will get in shit for.

What's he doing instead? Talking about joining the military and upholding humane ideals of not killing, all while playing the victim. What a fucking crock. Face said it best, j=t got pissed off and let his emotions get ahead of him, it's pretty obvious. Enforcer just hoped to capatilize on it, and win friends and influence people. A shame it didn't work out quite as well as he hoped.

Mattey
05-04-2004, 11:37 PM
If I don't like someone, why would I want them alive?

Verthanthi
05-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Food.

Liquid Blue
05-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Kohls, where I had to get some black socks for work before. I went back, and got me some regular cotton socks. A pair of those ankle socks also. But the cotton ones are like...jello for your feet. Makes walking sweet. Damn, I didn't mean to go all Dr. Suess in this post, but I don't know how else to fully get across how awesome these socks are. Woolen socks? I'll have to check those out, I don't think I've ever worn a pair before.

EDIT: I don't know if it's spelled Kohls or Kolhs...the first seems right so I'll stick with it.

Facetious
05-05-2004, 12:01 AM
yada yada yada

My only issue with you is your holier-than-thou attitude and your seeming assumption that people will be better off if you lecture them. You do tend to be right as far as the stances you take, I'm sure you've found that I agree with you on many occasions. Still, though, you tend to blow people's intentions completely out of proportion, and make way too big a deal out of a lot of things, all the while acting like you're God's gift to mankind. Lecturing some kid for saying something he knew was a dumb, offhand remark while he was writing it may be entertaining to you, but in my mind, it's sort of bizarre for a grown man to derive such pleasure in berating someone at least a decade younger than you. Perhaps in your mind, the motive and the message come first, but the way I see it, your attitude sometimes makes it appear that your true love is berating teenagers, and you just use the positive message to justify it as okay.

suxxor
05-05-2004, 12:07 AM
oh man, wool socks are awesome. they're kind of a bummer in the summer (dr. seuss style) because of the warmth, but in winter, you can't beat em. I could use a good pair or two of ankle socks though..

btw, if you wanna make walking even MORE fun, get some new insoles for your shoes. I just got a pair of these (http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=1452) a few weeks ago, and they're friggin amazing.

Cops
05-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Lecturing some kid for saying something he knew was a dumb, offhand remark while he was writing it may be entertaining to you, but in my mind, it's sort of bizarre for a grown man to derive such pleasure in berating someone at least a decade younger than you.

Just as bizarre as you going at me for saying I was going to cut you :rolleyes:? I agree with what you said about Troll King but I must say atleast he doesn't change the person he his when a new situation arises.

Necromotic
05-05-2004, 01:04 AM
they tortue

Facetious
05-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Man, I don't know how you could think that I would not be obsessed with the fact that someone over the internet threatened to cut me if he ever saw me in real life. That is the craziest shit ever, dude. I thought it was pretty funny at the time, but at the same time, I was pretty disturbed. In retrospect, of course, it is 100% hilarious, but whatever. If you're saying I change who I am at any given situation, I really don't. I am a person who enjoys making fun dumb people on the internet that also occasionally writes in complete sentences and attempts to make intelligent points. Just because I don't always do both in the same post doesn't mean I'm a schizophrenic.

But, dude, seriously. "If I ever saw you in real life, I'd cut you?" Who says that? Hahahaha.

edit: i dont believe that someone interrupted the flow of this thread to say "they tortue"... good job, fucker. thats not even words
edit2: ive always thought it would be really funny if i was walking down the street and some random kid from subspace cut me. "die, facetious!!!!!! nahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" whoever i was with would be so confused

Cops
05-05-2004, 01:31 AM
You thought it was really funny at the time you didn't come across as being disturbed, it all came back to you talking about how "when you were in highschool you use to trip kids like me" and the fact is I got sick and tired of hearing that bullshit. I've got no beef with you and I respect you on the forums because you do speak your mind and you're honest most of the time. Hopefully the topic of "I'd fucking cut you" and "when I was in highschool I did this and that etc" will die out. I totally agree with what you're saying about Troll King, he does use logic which is rare to find on the forums but his self proclaimed title of "Trench Wars Forum Babysitter" is fucking bullshit.

Facetious
05-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Dude when I said the "when I was back in high school I would trip kids like you" thing, I was kidding. I didn't trip kids back in high school, you had put those words in my mouth, so I said I'd trip you as a joke, whatever. It doesn't matter.

Mattey
05-05-2004, 02:11 AM
I think this does matter.

Facetious
05-05-2004, 02:14 AM
edit: im super cool

Sarien
05-05-2004, 02:37 AM
When I was in High School I used to trip kids for tripping kids.. then of course I'd get tripped. It was a vicious circle really... they made it into a movie called Falling Down, but they changed just enough of the story so that I didn't get paid a dime. Damn you Michael Douglas. Damn you to hell.

THE ENFORCER
05-05-2004, 03:46 AM
A) stop replying to j=t
I have
B) stop replying to people that agree with j=t
I have
C) stop replying in this thread, since it's been said already by a forum moderator that it is nothing j=t will get in shit for.
I virutally have only now and agian i respond but only to sensible people.

Thankyou for proving my point and no i didnt want to capitalise on the situation i wanted to show the people of the forum the extreme and unfound nature of some on this forum therefore proving they lack credibilty for future reference and it was also really was a test to see how many people would side with J=T for my own personal reference for future debates thankyou all for your participation.

Why would i give a shit if i have more or less "forum friends or enemies"?

Liquid Blue
05-05-2004, 05:36 AM
I still remember the time a girl in my highschool fell up the stairs. Crazy but true.

MusLimStuDiO1
05-05-2004, 08:39 AM
No no no no no no no. Not "soldiers" not "people of different political opinions" ,YOU. Wait, maybe that wasn't clear enough. Jesus=Terrorist didn't want soldiers to die in Iraq. He wanted:

YOU

to die in Iraq. Frankly, I bet he'd be okay if you died elsewhere too.

You're pissing people off, and it's not because your opinions differ, and it's not because we're "immature", it's NOT because you're smarter than we are, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A GRADE A MORON. You're a complete ego bloated ignorant shit, and you're not worth arguing with because that goddamn skull of yours is so thick that even the searing pain of your own idiocy can't get through and make you say "OH SHIT! I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! MAYBE I SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP FOR ONCE, INSTEAD OF BABBLING ON IN THE HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL QUOTE MY WORTHLESS ASS TEXT AND VALIDATE MY MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE!"

It's not that I disagree with you, you're just an idiot. If you've got another board to go to, go. Time's a' wastin', and frankly I'd throw a party if you left.

LoL way to ruin his reputation :D

Azhran
05-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I still remember the time a girl in my highschool fell up the stairs. Crazy but true.
Now that's crazy!

GoldenPlums
05-05-2004, 11:38 AM
My only issue with you is your holier-than-thou attitude and your seeming assumption that people will be better off if you lecture them. You do tend to be right as far as the stances you take, I'm sure you've found that I agree with you on many occasions. Still, though, you tend to blow people's intentions completely out of proportion, and make way too big a deal out of a lot of things, all the while acting like you're God's gift to mankind. Lecturing some kid for saying something he knew was a dumb, offhand remark while he was writing it may be entertaining to you, but in my mind, it's sort of bizarre for a grown man to derive such pleasure in berating someone at least a decade younger than you. Perhaps in your mind, the motive and the message come first, but the way I see it, your attitude sometimes makes it appear that your true love is berating teenagers, and you just use the positive message to justify it as okay.

I'm going to print this out and frame it. You've just perfectly expressed my thoughts in a far more articulate way than I could ever have hoped to. It's nice when that happens.

EDIT: hey Mus :)

Troll King
05-05-2004, 12:32 PM
You think I get pleasure from doing this? I'd rather prefer it if people didn't act like idiots in the first place. When someone is saying something that is blatently wrong, then someone should call them on it. Lots of people do that. The only difference is that I don't pick on the easy targets. Everyone else can handle Enforcer's miscues very easily (and often). But there are much harder targets that people are unwilling to pick out. Very often, you will see people say or do things that are just plain wrong, and yet they slip by unnoticed. What happens later? Those wrongs get accepted as gospel and truth. Just look at this thread, for example. What J=T said was wrong, yet because the Enforcer was wrong too, only he gets targeted because he's an easier target. I think only one other person stated that he thought the statement was wrong too, and that was in the other thread. But here? It gets overlooked. Face says that I go out there and pick on things people say and blow them out. That may be true, but in most cases, the things I pick on are times where those people are picking on someone else and blowing their miscues up.

As a person, I was brought up with a high sense of morality and justice. It's not an act, it's how I was raised and how I live. One of the reasons I became a teacher is because they hold a responsibility to teach that same sense of morality. As a member of this forum, I hold myself to certain rules. I always address the issues instead of the person behind them. I read over everything I write and if I don't feel 100% about it, I don't post it. I expect to be able to stand by everything I say. And above all, when I see something that I feel is blatently wrong, I'm not going to let it pass and become accepted as the truth.

That's who I am, and what I believe in. If you don't believe me and think it's all a crock, that's fine. That won't change me.

Facetious
05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
My problem with you isn't what you say, it's how you say it. You come across as thinking you're better than everyone else, and to me, it completely undermines half of the things that you say. That was my point. It's great that you have a sense of "morality and justice" and that you're willing to share it with people, I have no problem with that, but your attitude doesn't convey that you want to help other people learn the value of your morals, rather, it appears that you just want to beat people into the ground with your big words. Do you ever feel that you learn anything from anyone else on this forum? Perhaps people that were raised a different, less strict way might say some offhand things that strike you as words straight from Hell, but perhaps you could learn a lesson or two about how to stick to your morals and yet remain socially down-to-earth. That way, people would actually respect what you have to say instead of arguing points they don't even believe in just to get a rise out of you, because it's entertaining.

abrasion
05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
This thread is immorally entertaining.

Jerome Scuggs
05-05-2004, 04:14 PM
No offense or anything.. but wow... Bullshit detector overload. Yes I agree he should have attacked but no I don't agree he should have attacked? Pick a side of the fence, and stay on it, hell I don't even care if it's the wrong side of the fence.. just stick to it.

no, its not that hard. you've been thirsty before but not had access to a coke. what do you do? just not assume the coke is there? no, you say 'wow, if i had a coke id drink it.' not 'HEY WTF THERES NO COKE SO IT OBVIOUSLY DOESNT EXIST YOU ARE BULLSHIT'

I'm arguing realworld (bush was right in attacking iraq) and the world in which lassaiz faire capitalism was promoted (bush was constitutionally prohibited). nothing more or less.

Bilbo
05-05-2004, 05:49 PM
New socks are awesome, because no matter how many socks I buy I never seem to have enough.

Sarien
05-05-2004, 06:48 PM
no, its not that hard. you've been thirsty before but not had access to a coke. what do you do? just not assume the coke is there? no, you say 'wow, if i had a coke id drink it.' not 'HEY WTF THERES NO COKE SO IT OBVIOUSLY DOESNT EXIST YOU ARE BULLSHIT'

I'm arguing realworld (bush was right in attacking iraq) and the world in which lassaiz faire capitalism was promoted (bush was constitutionally prohibited). nothing more or less.

No.. what that does, is makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. You're doing exactly what I said you were doing. This situation you can't have two worlds in which you keep one foot in, it isn't like being thirsty (a condition that exists whether or not you agree with it), it's about choices and right and wrong. He wasn't constitutionally prohibited, I'm talking about the fact that the weasel looking fucker of a president was WRONG to attack, period. You're not arguing realworld.. you're trying to argue both sides of the fence, and hoping I'm too stupid to notice. You're trying to say that Attacking Iraq was right, and you agree, but that attacking Iraq was wrong, and it's wrong that he did so. Pick one. Hell even "I don't know which to believe" would be better than trying to promote both at once.

Verthanthi
05-05-2004, 07:41 PM
New socks are awesome, because no matter how many socks I buy I never seem to have enough.

try using tissues instead.

Jamal
05-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I've seen some pics in the news about American and British soldier torturing iraqees.
I have no respect for those soldiers, so they can die, yes die

Good, they are worthless humans, I would spit, shit on their sand faggot faces and abuse them.

THE ENFORCER
05-05-2004, 09:43 PM
No.. what that does, is makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. You're doing exactly what I said you were doing. This situation you can't have two worlds in which you keep one foot in, it isn't like being thirsty (a condition that exists whether or not you agree with it), it's about choices and right and wrong. He wasn't constitutionally prohibited, I'm talking about the fact that the weasel looking fucker of a president was WRONG to attack, period. You're not arguing realworld.. you're trying to argue both sides of the fence, and hoping I'm too stupid to notice. You're trying to say that Attacking Iraq was right, and you agree, but that attacking Iraq was wrong, and it's wrong that he did so. Pick one. Hell even "I don't know which to believe" would be better than trying to promote both at once.

I think hes saying morally its right but politically its wrong.
Which i think is the smartest thing someone has said on this topic because thats exactly the issue here.

Btw USA has moved far away from laizze faire policies but thats just a side note and not important.

Sarien
05-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Can someone explain to me how exactly attacking a country under false pretenses is morally right?
Can anyone at all explain to me how sending men and women to their deaths in an unjust war is anything but morally repugnant to the extreme?

You have it backwards... it was "politically correct" at the time... too bad it all turned out to be false, and is now hopefully Bush's political suicide, and it was always from the very fucking start morally wrong.

THE ENFORCER
05-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Can someone explain to me how exactly attacking a country under false pretenses is morally right?
Can anyone at all explain to me how sending men and women to their deaths in an unjust war is anything but morally repugnant to the extreme?

You have it backwards... it was "politically correct" at the time... too bad it all turned out to be false, and is now hopefully Bush's political suicide, and it was always from the very fucking start morally wrong.

The arguments have already been placed im not going to repeat myself.

Cops
05-05-2004, 11:45 PM
THE ENFORCER can you quit this fucking message board just like you said you were going to do? I've been waiting for a week or so since you said you'd quit and go to a better message board.

THE ENFORCER
05-05-2004, 11:54 PM
THE ENFORCER can you quit this fucking message board just like you said you were going to do? I've been waiting for a week or so since you said you'd quit and go to a better message board.

i never said i was going to quit this message board, i said i was going to quit this thread because you people were just stating the same points over and over agian but since news points have risen i've state some points here and there but not nearly to the extent as before.
If you got a problem with my posts then heres a simple solution dont read em.

Liquid Blue
05-06-2004, 12:30 AM
The arguments have already been placed im not going to repeat myself.

Then why the fuck did you even post. Jesus now you just want to bump up your number of posts. Shutup already, your point has been made.

Cops
05-06-2004, 01:08 AM
i never said i was going to quit this message board, i said i was going to quit this thread because you people were just stating the same points over and over agian but since news points have risen i've state some points here and there but not nearly to the extent as before.
If you got a problem with my posts then heres a simple solution dont read em.

When you say "you people were just stating the same points over and over again" are you trying to include me in there?, I didn't say anything following the context of the threads you posted in. Also "new points have risen i've stated some points here" there hasn't been any new points it's just been you repeating yourself and it's got to the point where you say "there's no need to repeat myself". Frankly there's no need to post saying "there's no need to repeat myself" just don't post. I've got an even simpler solution you get the fuck of Trench Wars Forums, I'm not against what you're saying but it's just as wadi said "I think you're an idiot". Quit so we can break out the punch and party hats.

abrasion
05-06-2004, 09:23 AM
I think hes saying morally its right but politically its wrong.
Which i think is the smartess thing someone has said on this topic because thats exactly the issue here.

Btw USA has moved far away from laizze faire policies but thats just a side note and not important.
Considering you just said the word "smartess", i think you shouldn't reply again.

MusLimStuDiO1
05-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Good, they are worthless humans, I would spit, shit on their sand faggot faces and abuse them.

Ditto.

THE ENFORCER
05-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Considering you just said the word "smartess", i think you shouldn't reply again.

changed it.

abrasion
05-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Your nic is MuslimStudio, i think that's bad mouthing you, buddy.

Facetious
05-06-2004, 11:58 AM

This is the dumbest analogy I've ever seen. A better analogy would be the following: you really want to beat up your girlfriend because you think she cheated on you. Although you have no proof she cheated on you, you beat her up anyway. Now all of a sudden your girlfriend's dad and all her guy friends are pissed off at you, because she didn't cheat on you, and you beat her up for no reason.

abrasion
05-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Gg

Selex
05-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Please ban J=T...

Insult to our Country and an Insult to our Pride.
I think YOU should be set on a wall and shot at.
And your name Jesus=Terrorist, That should also be taken as an Offense... Bad.. :mad:

Facetious
05-07-2004, 02:32 AM
An offense to your Christianity? That should be taken into account for sure!

abrasion
05-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Atheism4win

Troll King
05-07-2004, 01:38 PM
My problem with you isn't what you say, it's how you say it. You come across as thinking you're better than everyone else, and to me, it completely undermines half of the things that you say. That was my point. It's great that you have a sense of "morality and justice" and that you're willing to share it with people, I have no problem with that, but your attitude doesn't convey that you want to help other people learn the value of your morals, rather, it appears that you just want to beat people into the ground with your big words. Do you ever feel that you learn anything from anyone else on this forum? Perhaps people that were raised a different, less strict way might say some offhand things that strike you as words straight from Hell, but perhaps you could learn a lesson or two about how to stick to your morals and yet remain socially down-to-earth. That way, people would actually respect what you have to say instead of arguing points they don't even believe in just to get a rise out of you, because it's entertaining.

I've waited day or two to respond to this because I wanted to choose my words carefully. I wouldn't want you to have the impression that I was choosing to ignore it, but like I said earlier, I want to be able to stand by what I say here.

First, I just want to correct something I said that may have been misleading. I said I was raised with a strong sense of morals, that doesn't necessarily mean that I had a strict childhood with nuns hiding around every corner armed with rulers. I had a very laid back childhood actually, with people who taught me to recognize right from wrong. You don't have to had been raised in a strict household to hold certain views. When I spoke of morality, I wasn't referring to things like "do not use God's name in vain", or "no touching the opposite sex until you're married" or "don't step on a crack or your mother will need severe chiropractic support". I mean things like "don't be a racist", or "if you're going to pick on someone, do it because he did something wrong, not just because of who he is", and "to be responsible for yourself". There's nothing strict involved in learning these morals, just common sense.

Secondly, I choose to use more "formal speech" when dealing with serious issues because I want to treat those issues as being serious. If we were talking about other things, like Bilbo's infatuation with youngsters or Zeus' infatuation with grannies, you'll see I have a more relaxed way of speaking, using smileys and cracking jokes. When I want to make an important point, I choose not to do that as I've found it leads to misunderstandings. At least this way, even if you don't like the tone or the message, you know I'm being serious about it. The more serious the issue, the more serious the tone I use, and that's not a function of trying to show people up, but the tone is a part of the message as well. It's a sign of the respect that I have for language.

Thirdly, as far as having the "targets of my wrath", so to speak, ignoring me because I seem to use a "superior" tone, well, that's forgetting an important part of things. I'm not stupid, I know that when I call people on being jerks, they know they're being jerks and I'm not going to change their mind. That's not my goal. What's more important to me is that other people see my point, and they learn from it. I've had a lot of people tell me that they agree with me and they respect my points on these forums, in private messages, and in TW. There are a lot of people who do agree with me and do get something from what I say, and that's what's important to me. As for the people who choose to ignore me because they don't like to be told they are wrong, well if they listen to me and they learn something, that's great. If they don't, I don't mind either. I'll just catch them the next time they do something similar. When I go on these "crusades", it's not because I want to change that one person. It's anyone else who reads me and thinks "you know what, he's right" and actually learn something and get something out of it that makes me feel successful about it.

The bottom line is that I'm not going to change the way I approach issues which I feel should be examined. If people take issue with the fact I catch them being jerks or saying and doing something that's blatently wrong, then maybe they should have chosen their own words more carefully. If you're willing to go out and flame other people then you'd better make sure you're doing it right. If you aren't, then you'd better be prepared to get singed yourself.

Sarien
05-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Very True TK, but what I think Facetious is trying to say is that, when you play the role of forum SuperHero, righting wrongs and avenging the flamed, don't be at all surprised when it bites you in the ass. Which is as equally true as being forewarned about how unfairly flaming people can bite you in the ass as well.

Subjugation
05-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Please ban J=T...

Insult to our Country and an Insult to our Pride.
I think YOU should be set on a wall and shot at.
And your name Jesus=Terrorist, That should also be taken as an Offense... Bad.. :mad:

you would silence my voice in the name of patriotism? you clearly have a fundamental misunderstanding of the principles our nation was founded on. hate me all you want, but don't lie and say it's in defense of america's virtue.

Mr. Peanuts
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
fuck the Iraqis. Nuke the assholes.

Troll King
05-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Very True TK, but what I think Facetious is trying to say is that, when you play the role of forum SuperHero, righting wrongs and avenging the flamed, don't be at all surprised when it bites you in the ass. Which is as equally true as being forewarned about how unfairly flaming people can bite you in the ass as well.

Let them bite me in the ass. Part of the reason people say those things to me in private is because they don't want to stick their necks out for defending Enforcer or Zeta or any other targets du jour. If the only thing they have to say against me is that they don't want to hear it from me, then too bad; I'm pretty sure their targets didn't want to hear it from them either. My ass will survive those nibbles.

Subjugation
05-07-2004, 08:13 PM
you're still just another asshole with an opinion who thinks he's better than the other asshole with an opinion.

Facetious
05-07-2004, 08:34 PM
If the PMs you get from people make you feel like your message gets across better when written as a lecture from Grandpa, so be it, I suppose. To me, and I suspect to a lot of others, it makes you seem like an ass a lot of the time, and I honestly do think that you could easily change your tone a good deal while still expressing your "respect for the language" (not that I understand what that even means), and your points would reach a lot more people than they do currently. But if you disagree, you disagree. Carry on, Forum Dad.

THE ENFORCER
05-07-2004, 11:30 PM
you're still just another asshole with an opinion who thinks he's better than the other asshole with an opinion.

Well we all know how much you know about assholes.

Sarien
05-07-2004, 11:51 PM
He spotted you a mile off, didn't he?

Subjugation
05-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Well we all know how much you know about assholes.

what happened to not responding to me, dumbfuck? you have the self control of a crack whore.

PS...i know i'm an asshole. that was the point, retard.

THE ENFORCER
05-08-2004, 07:07 AM
what happened to not responding to me, dumbfuck? you have the self control of a crack whore.

PS...i know i'm an asshole. that was the point, retard.

lol, like most of my points that one just flew over your head.

Subjugation
05-08-2004, 07:20 AM
No point rebutting any evidence until you apologise that was the most offensive thing ive read in a long time this clearly shows you lack the maturity on such issues so inorder to reclaim your credibility i suggest you apologize otherwise this will be my last response to you since i refuse to deal with such people.

Agree i think i might move to my other forums, clearly people here lack maturity and intelligence.

seriously, follow through with at least one of your stupid promises. stop responding to me.

ps, learn the value of punctuation.

THE ENFORCER
05-08-2004, 07:39 AM
seriously, follow through with at least one of your stupid promises. stop responding to me.

ps, learn the value of punctuation.

J=T move on ok? im not interested anymore jeeze get a life.

Cops
05-08-2004, 10:15 AM
J=T move on ok? im not interested anymore jeeze get a life.

you're interested enough to type out a post saying "you're not interested".

abrasion
05-08-2004, 01:40 PM
I have the nic Towelhead. Anyone want it?

THE ENFORCER
05-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Keyword is anymore, and abrasion i do! ohyeaaaaaaaaaa

Fit of Rage
05-08-2004, 10:28 PM
I think everyone here could use a nice relaxing moment from all this bickering.

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sailorscent/901879.gif

Credits: TY Jerome.

wadi
05-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Fit of Rage warned for posting over used catch phrases which weren't funny 6 months ago.

THE ENFORCER
05-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Fit of Rage warned for posting over used catch phrases which weren't funny 6 months ago.

dont go there girlfriend.

Cops
05-09-2004, 07:13 AM
THE ENFORCER is so done with this thread he keeps on posting.

Thors
05-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Cundor, it wasn't torture, it was making POWs pose naked and scaring them. Torture means inflicting physical harm mostly, and inflicting mental harm if you want to be knit-picky about it. So what a few US soldiers made some Iraqi POWs unsure of their sexuality.

Again this is wrong to do in an unwritten moral code, but don't call it torture.

If it bleeds, It leads