PDA

View Full Version : Pure basers= ?

sexy wooden spoon
05-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Pure basers = failed duelers?

Meh, discuss, needs more banter/trash in here

Mr. Peanuts
05-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Depends which you prefer really, I prefer basing to DD as its more fun generally, and teamwork is a must which I like.

sexy wooden spoon
05-13-2004, 02:04 PM
aww i wanted flaming, and bitching.

Guess i am just a failure at trash tlking :(

eehh
05-13-2004, 02:19 PM
you'd be much more sexy if you were made by steel! :p

Fit of Rage
05-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Dueling requires less teamwork than basing, because if one dueler does exceptional (ie 15-5/19-8) then the rest of the team doesn't have to do as well. With basing, if one person has a bad game (ie a shark) then the whole team suffers regardless.

Dueling brings out individual talent, basing brings out pure teamwork.

Stabwound
05-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Don't bother responding to this; he just wanted to cause a fight for no reason.

PaulOakenfold
05-13-2004, 03:35 PM
I used to be a dueler before you even played Sexy, I was pretty decent actually, started a couple squads up, joined a couple squads... helped train some people in Azimuth etc... I simply started basing because it was loads more fun than I had dueling

Vitron
05-13-2004, 03:54 PM
failed basers = pure duelers?
:light:

sexy wooden spoon
05-13-2004, 04:06 PM
definatly true about the team work fit. Cool paul i didnt know u were a duler, we shud duel sumtimes and u can teach me 2 base :)

PaulOakenfold
05-13-2004, 04:18 PM
And you can re-teach me to duel :D Yah, I'll catch ya sometime m8

sexy wooden spoon
05-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Don't bother responding to this; he just wanted to cause a fight for no reason.

U love it

Kolar
05-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Pure basers for the most part have been through the shit of the game in pubs trying to have some fun at what they like. I never got into dueling because I didn't care for doing ?lines=0 or ?ignore %tickname; every few seconds and there's no respect in elimination or any wb/jav dueling that I've seen. Not the respect i.e Rndperson> Holy shit Kolar you rock!! but just the lack of respect for people like not giving you shit. That's what I like about the basing comunity.

Verthanthi
05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
You must play base with a different set of people.

Pan
05-13-2004, 07:02 PM
basers are more stoic then a dueler imo or its just that we are too busy doing our job to type some retarded l33t lame term.

Ekko
05-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Pure Basers=c00

Bob (SRB)
05-13-2004, 10:00 PM
From what I've seen, a lot of the newer basers actually started basing because they suck at other stuff (javs/wb)

I was once talking to a talented baser who is fairly new to it, and the convo was basically:
Slightly>hey man, why did you get totally into basing all of a sudden?
baser>It was the only way to go when I realized I suck at warbird and jav.

But then again there are the elite basers, who base because it can be really fun and their is lots of teamwork or strategy. Lots of these guys are kind of all around players who are good at everything, or they just immediately got into basing (probably from pub-basing) and never looked back.

Jerome Scuggs
05-13-2004, 10:14 PM
I cant stand wb. Javs, maybe- sometimes theres actual strategy, like lruing etc. Basing- all out tactics.

Cig Smoke
05-13-2004, 10:48 PM
I aint a "pure baser" btu i'd say i play moer basing (twbd) then TWJD/TWDD nemore. I do it simply bc im not needed in shriek as a wb or jav. Being a 1 league player gives me tiem to play other zones such as DSB/MG and stuff. Bc DSB is basicaly spider and sharking once u got it u got it. SO i dont have to find myself training for TWL the whole off-season.

Cops
05-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Tanked has lost some basers because certain people in this so called community look down on them for being on Tanked. Thanks for putting preasure on our players and making them feel semi hated.

DTTR aka don't try to reist, who gives two flying fucks if Kolar told someone who your alias was a year ago? Grow the fuck up this happened a year ago.

Kolar
05-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Cops I don't care anymore. I knew Tanked wasn't the squad I could have fun on and they didn't need me, they jav, I base. Simple.

People sometimes forget that theses are real people playing not computers and sometimes (yea I sound like that bitch Gerry from Survivor, i'll keep it short) Comunity is a good thing in this game, it's kept it alive and fun for years but comunity also comes with friends, relationships and arugments. I don't care if someone 2 years ago thinks I did something wrong in their opinion, I don't care if people think all I want is to have power in this game. If staff, radio, tanked, and basing all factor into having FUN then i'll do it. I'm Kolar, Andrew a fucking person who is here to play, throw away when I don't care anymore and have fun playing the 2d ship game.

Exotic
05-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Pure basers = failed duelers?

Meh, discuss, needs more banter/trash in here

you can't be more wrong, i would love to duel/beat you

Volcs
05-14-2004, 10:57 PM
probly... I only started basing when I realized I sucked at wb....

im not really anything anymore...

*sob*

Jerome Scuggs
05-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Tanked has lost some basers because certain people in this so called community look down on them for being on Tanked. Thanks for putting preasure on our players and making them feel semi hated.

DTTR aka don't try to reist, who gives two flying fucks if Kolar told someone who your alias was a year ago? Grow the fuck up this happened a year ago.

fu juice-hater :D

Ivan
05-15-2004, 03:21 AM
That's Me! = Wb Newb

Izor
06-13-2004, 01:10 AM
How is it possible for a baser other than the terr to have a bad day? All the sharks do is repel, all the spiders do is camp somewhere, and all the wbs/javs do is kill terrs. You can't fuck up on repelling people out of entrance or pointing somewhere and holding CTRL. Theres no more teamwork in basing than in dueling. It's all in the strategy of how your spiders are going to camp and how good your terr is. In dueling, you won't get that 19-8 unless you have teammates helping you out. I doubt that if the squad is good that you would be able to go 1v4 with no help and get that record. In basing you won't have a single spid take the entire base solo. It's simple though. Once you realize that you cannot aim or dodge, you ask to be a spider in base. It's sorta like the real world when you realize that you don't have the mental capacity for a real job, and you end up flipping burgers cause you can't mess it up.

Cops
06-13-2004, 11:07 AM
How is it possible for a baser other than the terr to have a bad day? All the sharks do is repel, all the spiders do is camp somewhere, and all the wbs/javs do is kill terrs. You can't fuck up on repelling people out of entrance or pointing somewhere and holding CTRL. Theres no more teamwork in basing than in dueling. It's all in the strategy of how your spiders are going to camp and how good your terr is. In dueling, you won't get that 19-8 unless you have teammates helping you out. I doubt that if the squad is good that you would be able to go 1v4 with no help and get that record. In basing you won't have a single spid take the entire base solo. It's simple though. Once you realize that you cannot aim or dodge, you ask to be a spider in base. It's sorta like the real world when you realize that you don't have the mental capacity for a real job, and you end up flipping burgers cause you can't mess it up.

All you have to do is stop asking questions and talking in general and go back to pub.

dchao
06-15-2004, 06:50 PM
doh, nvm

Liquid Blue
06-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Cops I don't care anymore. I knew Tanked wasn't the squad I could have fun on and they didn't need me, they jav, I base. Simple.

People sometimes forget that theses are real people playing not computers and sometimes (yea I sound like that bitch Gerry from Survivor, i'll keep it short) Comunity is a good thing in this game, it's kept it alive and fun for years but comunity also comes with friends, relationships and arugments. I don't care if someone 2 years ago thinks I did something wrong in their opinion, I don't care if people think all I want is to have power in this game. If staff, radio, tanked, and basing all factor into having FUN then i'll do it. I'm Kolar, Andrew a fucking person who is here to play, throw away when I don't care anymore and have fun playing the 2d ship game.

He's Kolar, bitch! Step the fuck back- $$$

Mitch
06-15-2004, 08:11 PM
I play basing because it's more action based and there are more things that can happen. However, if I played a javelin or a warbird dueling as much as I played terrier; Than, I could easily bust out 20-10s in TWLDs or TWLJs. I just don't have a sustained interest in dueling and javelin games. Maybe that'll change, who knows.

Miku19
06-16-2004, 04:44 AM
Basing as it is is pretty boring so I moved to javs/wbs.

Awesome
06-16-2004, 04:46 AM
Pure basers = failed duelers?i've always thought this, with no disrespect to the basers out there.

They say that basing requires more teamwork, but they're all crammed into a small space, it's harder to team in dueling where you're more spread out. If you get teaming down in dueling, you will be a basing god.

Basing is fine for those who enjoy it, but when death counts dont really matter and there are gay repels throwing your ship around, i just always thought it wasn't too fun.

PS: There was no reason to bring up this tired topic once again.

Awesome
06-16-2004, 04:50 AM
DTTR aka don't try to reist, who gives two flying fucks if Kolar told someone who your alias was a year ago? Grow the fuck up this happened a year ago.wtf?

sexy wooden spoon
06-16-2004, 07:22 AM
PS: There was no reason to bring up this tired topic once again.

It may be tired if you have played for 6 years, but not to us newbies.