Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in gods name made some of these rules?(staff read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in gods name made some of these rules?(staff read)

Since I'm in lab bored again I glanced at some of your rules for Jav league. Since about 90% of them have obvious loopholes I'll point out the ones that are the worst.

To start, your scheduling rules have to go. If 1 team puts up a scheduling time and the other team doesn't respond, the time should be assigned to the time that the team that posted wanted. (IE:Siege requests a 4:00pm est time for twlj with Elu, Elu doesn't respond so the game gets assigned to 4:00) Every team comes accross complications, having a team forfeit because their caps couldn't manage to schedule benefits NO ONE. Christ we've had 2 matches forfeited in the playoffs at least, this is totally avoidable. I fail to understand the thinking behind giving teams free wins. If a team can't schedule they should still be able to play if they can meet the requested time. Free wins fucks up win/loss differential and total, it is in no way beneficial.

"3.07 If one of the rules of Chapter 3 have been broken (by error of the Referee), the game will be replayed."

-This rule may seem like a no brainer but it needs revision. If the error the referee makes has little or NO impact on the outcome of the game, the game should not be replayed. By this standard if a ref makes a typo in green, or accidentally puts the wrong player as a sub for 2.5 seconds then specs him and puts in the right one in. The game can be appealed and replayed. Proper wording goes as follows: "If the referee makes an error regaurding the rules or a procedure that significantly impacts the outcome of the game, the game will either be replayed or continued from the point of the error"

"4.13 If you happen to spawn outside of the arena, warp back in immediately. This is an acceptable form of warping. "

-This rule should be changed, if you spawn outside of the arena, the referee should position warp you or shipchange you. Warping on your own reduces your energy to red. This is granting a disadvantage to you that is in no-way deserved.

"4.14 All players must be on the roster and past the waiting period to be eligible to play (6 days), however it is the host's job to check before the match starts. "

-This should be ONE ROUND!!! NOT SIX DAYS. Your rules promote squad hopping, if a player leaves his team for another he should be forced to sit in spec for a round, not a set amount of time. This is common sense, if the team u want to join has a bye, or if there is a server crash during the game and it is replayed the next week, you'll have players who SHOULDN'T have been eligible playing. Fix this one immediatly.

"4.15 If it has been found that a player not on the roster DID play that round the game will be replayed with the appropriate people (meaning 4 players for the team that played the person who was not on roster) "

-This rule should be axed immediatly, keep your rosters posted and have the referee's confirm starting lineup's before each game starts. If a team DOES manage to sneak a guy in who isn't on the roster, they should forfeit the game at -25.

"4.18 All players must have the correct squad name listed by their name (?squadjoin). The ref must check the squadnames before the match and if there are any people who are not squadjoined they will be told to change. If they do not, by the 10 minute max, then they will be considered absent and the squad will have to play with 4 members (If a sub cannot be found)"

-This rule is dumb, wtf is the purpose?

"b. If a player changes his name on the roster and has to wait another 7 days. HE WILL HAVE TO WAIT!! NO Exceptions"

-This is also dumb, why allow name changing? It just confuses the refs who have enough trouble running simple matches as it is. Once you begin the season with a name you should have to stick with it. Hell, what stops me from changing my nick to "FBZ is my bitch" 2 weeks before my team plays Light?

On top of all this the lag restrictions during league games are a joke, you allow people to play who's ping is hitting 4k every 5 secs "COUGH Dystopia COUGH". You guys desperatly need something limiting players slowploss %.

Re: Who in gods name made some of these rules?(staff read)

Originally posted by Nethervoid
    This should be ONE ROUND!!! NOT SIX DAYS.
    I disagree with you here. Essentially they are making players wait a week before being able to play. That seems fair. If a something forces a match to be replayed, then you should be allowed to play with your new squad.

This rule is dumb, wtf is the purpose?
    I believe that players need to be squadjoined for the bot to recognize them as part of their squad.

I agree with everything else you mentioned.

llater,
    Tony

Comment

Nethervoid, if you would email them to crome@mail.com, cromesoulja@aol.com. I would appreciate it. I am open to change.
      "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

Re: Re: Who in gods name made some of these rules?(staff read)

Originally posted by brookus

I disagree with you here. Essentially they are making players wait a week before being able to play. That seems fair. If a something forces a match to be replayed, then you should be allowed to play with your new squad.
        It's not fair when rounds are postponed, which obviously screws up the eligibility thingie. I agree with nether, you should sit one round if you jump ship.
        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Working...
        X