PDA

View Full Version : Do u like Ancients?

Vandroy
05-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Who likes the ppl in Ancients and who dont?

Bilbo
05-21-2004, 07:03 AM
I hate you if that helps.

IceStorm
05-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Ancients use to be a good squad. Now they are over rated

abrasion
05-21-2004, 09:59 AM
DEA is a cock.

IceStorm
05-21-2004, 11:26 AM
DEA is a cock.
he spams me with NEWBIE haha so i hunt him it's funny :rolleyes:

Nickname
05-21-2004, 11:28 AM
They're a shitty team that got into twlj with a 900 rating because they made playoffs. A joke.

sixtoo
05-21-2004, 11:31 AM
bunch of biters, if we had the dd system working 2-3 years ago, ancients would have been rated #1

I like the name so much, I took it as my own

aussie
05-21-2004, 12:01 PM
i like most of the people in ancients :/

dll
05-21-2004, 12:47 PM
smokers are jokers nt

TajaUk
05-21-2004, 07:53 PM
DEA is cool, riggles like a cunt when u pwn him in dd's tho. Which gets really boring.

Mitch
05-21-2004, 10:16 PM
"I'm a smoker,
I'm a Joker,
I'm a midnight toker..."
- To be named at a later date

sixtoo
05-21-2004, 11:41 PM
tom petty :cool:

Cig Smoke
05-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Ya i agree with what alot are saying. Last year you guys impressed by making playoffs in ur 1st year. Then in the off-season u picked up players like plob, utopia, pakastin, ara and such, you guys were really active always playing TWD games b4 TWD reset. Then 1 day out of no where you guys seemed to all die @ the same time and well never practice. You got into TWLJ bc of last season's performance which is nothing like what you can do this season. You guys dont practice, and most of you are pricks and arrogant. That said, i like most of you, but DEA brings ur guys respect down alot.

Also i think IF you guys got active, and IF you got ur best pilots on each week for TWLJ you'd still do well, but i doubt that will happen. I think TWL should put a new rule for previous season playoff squads. They get the free-pass,but should have to keep a rating so high.

Bob (SRB)
05-22-2004, 02:56 AM
yeah I think Ancients are cool. They are like the nicer version of disoblige with all their crazy euros. But they are inactive and really overrated in twl, i dont think they'll do much there. But they're cool if that helps.

Awesome
05-22-2004, 03:10 AM
I love ancients, stayed on their chat for a year after i left until tigerex was recruited :rolleyes: so i left the chat too.

DEA is cool if you know him. If you don't know him, he'll spam you with NEWBIE and it gets people upset so he has a good laugh... it's just for fun, but a lot of people take it serious cus it can be irritating if you're on the wrong end of it... but it's all just for fun anyways. If people really hate it that much, they can ignore.txt him and move on.

And Ancients aren't overrated, they're completely underrated. No one who's good thinks Ancients will do anything in TWL but i think they'll contend in TWL-D in their first year there and be a bit of a disappointment in TWL-J, since they were in the playoffs last year when Shriek dropped out in week 9 or 10, but they're still contenders and i hope they do well, just not vs. us :)

gl Ancients, still like most of you... :o

Vandroy
05-22-2004, 09:46 AM
We have been inactive due the fact that many of us are in army now. Every finish men must go to the army. Dunno if theres going to be any activity in this year though i believe that when the twl starts ppl will appear. Not me because of the army. Dunno if that would help, anyway. This squad will never die compleatly..

Nickname
05-22-2004, 11:55 AM
I added another Ancient to my ignore.txt today.

Awesome
05-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Was it Jessus by any chance?

Nickname
05-22-2004, 06:26 PM
I just added another one.

thats 2 in 1 day.

(jessus and pallz)

Cig Smoke
05-22-2004, 09:01 PM
We have been inactive due the fact that many of us are in army now. Every finish men must go to the army. Dunno if theres going to be any activity in this year though i believe that when the twl starts ppl will appear. Not me because of the army. Dunno if that would help, anyway. This squad will never die compleatly..

Ya i was thinking that was part of the problem for you guys, but u should if competing in TWL replace em. U guys arent that inactive that u will get no shows, but ur best pilots are the most inactive which is what hinders the outcome of ur games. Just a setback this year i guess :) but overall a nice buncha guys, some stray hoes but not that many.

Ivan
05-23-2004, 04:14 AM
I hate Ancients now because of Jard / Tard

Awesome
05-23-2004, 04:19 AM
I like Jard, regardless of what squad he's on.

Some people are just squad hoppers, it wont change... doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

to quote zx: "ffs its a game! quit caring so fucking much!"

Ivan
05-23-2004, 04:33 AM
I know he isn't a bad guy. used to be my friend in BR, but then I realized the real side of him, backstabbing me many times for no reason. No more...no more...

Vandroy
05-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Have u noticed we dont have much squadhoppers :) its because we are all friends in ancients and none wants to go. almost every1 :D

Awesome
05-23-2004, 08:32 AM
vand its true, but the thing is, as much as i like jard, he's been in many squads that are even more stable then ancients.

I mean, syndicates only lost like 5 members ever ... and that includes people they've axed (Squadless, Mongrel, Jard, With Ease, Joe... i think those are the only ones) and jard left them too :-/

I hope he has found the squad he is looking for now that he's on Ancients, but i wont be suprised if i see him on another squad in 2 weeks.

Awesome
05-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Alright i changed my mind... i just played them and Jessus and Malador and Kokkeliskkokelis spammed squad pm'd using macro's with insults whenever they they died about how we (mostly north americans) lagged and they couldn't kill us. :mad:

Right there i lost respect for the older members of Ancients, and no longer limited it to just Tigerex and Riksa.

Still friends with DEA and Sweeper, who acted mature for ancients standards when losing, (DEA even apologized for spawning me) ... but as i said, i dont really respect the majority anymore. :(

So i'm changing my answer from a No, i dont hate ancients, they're a great bunch of guys to a I dont hate them but i dont like them either

Dant-Zu
05-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Ancients have some really nice ppl. And then there are the less nice ppl.

Cig Smoke
05-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Why would jard (a baser) join Ancients who dont base..and are like totaly opposite time zone from him. I mean jard is west coast and anc is finland. Thats like 10 hrs diff.

Awesome
05-23-2004, 05:02 PM
jard is on at the same time as them... when i was still on their chat, i saw him on there as well before he became a member online a lot with a lot of the other members.

sweeper takes it one league at a time... last year it was twlj, and they made the playoffs... this year it was twld, and they do have a good starting lineup which has recently got a lot better i think... but i dont know their chances of making playoffs, anythings possible... still a good team. next year i think sweeper is going to try to get ancients into twlb (unless he needs to spend time getting them requalified for one of the other 2 leagues or something).

but i highly doubt we'll see jard still on ancients for twl season 8

Cig Smoke
05-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Well i believe they were trying to possibly put a run together for TWLB this season, but it ended short when they never got more then 5 guys on @ once :)

Like u said, its a LONG time for jard to wait on a squad that wont base alot. U know as well as i that he wont be there long.

About the time zone, he is western, they are finland/europe. Thats 10 hrs apart. Maybe he catches em online during his lunch hr @ school. (him/hockey play @ lunch) and probabaly on weekends, and if some of them fins are up early in mourning, but overall i doubt he'll see any of them on a constant basis cept for weekend. Well i guess he mite considering schools are soon out.

aussie
05-23-2004, 10:38 PM
dreamfly = best ancient :D

SEAL
05-24-2004, 03:50 AM
My experience:
You will almost never see me chatting in blue/yellow since it's almost all trashtalking, and personally i couldn't be arsed wasting my energy to insult someone. Yet, i joined ancients since they are the opposite. It seems to piss alot of people off. I mean.. come on, who gives about reputation or being loved/hated in a game!? I find it amusing that people hate me for the fact that im in ancients.

Also, it's a sollid group wich won't dissolve so fast and the avg age is higher than the avg iq of other squadmembers.

Plus, the scandinavians compensate their female disasters experiances by drinking alot, wich is amusing too.

All in all, if ya have a sence of humour, how can ya not like ancients.

Awesome
05-24-2004, 04:04 AM
All in all, if ya have a sence of humour, how can ya not like ancients.
i just played them and Jessus and Malador and Kokkeliskkokelis spammed squad pm'd using macro's with insults whenever they they died about how we (mostly north americans) lagged and they couldn't kill us. :mad: being literally spammed with squad pm's while you're playing may make some lose their sense of humour. If we had of lost, we probably wouldn't have been laughing so much. :p

Rion.
05-26-2004, 04:58 AM
Dreamfly's Warbird is fitted with X-Radar, I swear.

Bastard. :)

Vandroy
05-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Still friends with DEA and Sweeper, who acted mature for ancients standards when losing, (DEA even apologized for spawning me) ... but as i said, i dont really respect the majority anymore. :(
[/I]
U dont like me ne more :( :down:

Vandroy
05-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Plus, the scandinavians compensate their female disasters experiances by drinking alot, wich is amusing too.

LOL :rolleyes: Im drinking alot anyway

Bilbo
05-27-2004, 11:24 PM
FYI, Finland isn't part of Scandinavia.

Tigerex
05-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Awesome, you only hate me because you are a fucking prick. Anyway, i don't play TW anymore so you can take me off your list.

Note to all: Quit SS, it's more fun to not play.

Cops
05-28-2004, 02:44 AM
DEA is a stupid cock block, I'm not one to put people on my ignore list but he deserves it. It's kind of sad that he's the person he is. In general they're not the best javing squad but they've got some cool guys on the squad like sweeper, if every member on the squad was like sweeper I'd have a different opinion on the squad but as it stands they're just a bunch of American hating euros.

Jessus
05-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Alright i changed my mind... i just played them and Jessus and Malador and Kokkeliskkokelis spammed squad pm'd using macro's with insults whenever they they died about how we (mostly north americans) lagged and they couldn't kill us. :mad:

Right there i lost respect for the older members of Ancients, and no longer limited it to just Tigerex and Riksa.

DEA is cool if you know him. If you don't know him, he'll spam you with NEWBIE and it gets people upset so he has a good laugh... it's just for fun, but a lot of people take it serious cus it can be irritating if you're on the wrong end of it... but it's all just for fun anyways. If people really hate it that much, they can ignore.txt him and move on.

:up:

IceStorm
05-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Jesus.. Dont Quote Awesome, When no one respects him? Except for Pirates :cool:

Awesome
05-28-2004, 09:06 AM
lol Jessus, theres a difference between DEA pm'ing you Newbie when you kill him and you and malador squad pm'ing 3 times in under half a second EVERY time someone on ancients die in a squad duel :down:

PS: Yeah Vand, sorry.. i dont remember you there so as far as i'm concerned, you're still one of the good ones :)

EXCEPTfor Pirates :cool:

Tigerex
05-28-2004, 09:43 AM
You are a prick

aussie
05-28-2004, 11:49 AM
tigerex, who's a prick?

IceStorm
05-28-2004, 01:12 PM
yes, I can't spell 6am in the morning give me a kit-kat bar. :cool:

Awesome
05-28-2004, 04:28 PM
You spelled it right, you just chose the wrong word :p

gerry
05-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I like Sweeper and Dreamfly...and Jard too (regardless of what Everest says...)

colony
05-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Ancients pwn me in elim :(

Cops
05-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Like yourself because in the end that's all that matters.

GHB
05-31-2004, 02:52 PM
I mean, syndicates only lost like 5 members ever ... and that includes people they've axed (Squadless, Mongrel, Jard, With Ease, Joe... i think those are the only ones) and jard left them too :-/.
Don't forget KickAshMan :)

Anyways... I somehow like Ancients, even though I don't know anyone that well there

Awesome
05-31-2004, 03:03 PM
KickAshMan and Treachery were axed after i made that post.

GHB
05-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh, I didn't look at the date. And wtf, Treachery got axed?
omg.. wasn't he in Syndicate like two days ago? Now he's in ALF? Haha?

Awesome
05-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Actually i don't know if he got axed... i just assumed.

s0ul
05-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Awesome, you only hate me because you are a fucking prick. Anyway, i don't play TW anymore so you can take me off your list.

Note to all: Quit SS, it's more fun to not play.

How is awesome a prick? He gets along with like everyone from what ive seen.. doesnt bad mouth people... except me when i tked him in ?go javs :D... awesome its like opposite of prick.. o.o

s0ul
05-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh and btw... I <3 ancients. They kicked my squads ass and then my whole squad left cause they lost. :p

Liquid Blue
05-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Joke time.

There was a two men in a bar. One of them was the bartender, who owned a donkey outside the bar. The man told the bartender, "I bet you fifty dollars I can make your donkey laugh." So the bartender said "Hah! Okay!"

The man went outside, whispered something in the donkeys ear, and sure enough the donkey started laughing. The bartender asked the man how he did it, and the man said it was a secret.

The next day, the man came back and bet the bartender he could make the donkey cry for five hundred dollars! Again, the bartender accepted. The man went outside, and came back in. Sure enough the donkey was crying.

How?! The bartender asked. The man answered "I told the donkey I had a bigger dick than he had, and he started laughing. The second time, I showed him, and he started crying."

Pearl Jam
05-31-2004, 11:53 PM
A baby seal walks into a club

Awesome
06-01-2004, 05:07 AM
except me when i tked him in ?go javs :Dyou're probably thinking of the guy who started immitating me about 2-3 months ago on the name 'awsome' (note: 3rd letter) because if you mean by 'tked' you team-killed me, impossible.. the rare times that i do play in ?go javs, i stay on my own frequency and only certain members of my squad know what it is. if you mean type-killed, then i wouldn't have said anything to you because i would've been too busy typing to someone else and obviously didn't care enough to reply if i didn't care enough to dodge in the first place :p

SEAL
06-01-2004, 06:18 AM
A baby seal walks into a club

if you're refering to me, you can sit on my knee and discuss about the first thing that pops up, american. if not, you can fuck off anyways too.

have a nice day

Cops
06-01-2004, 07:05 AM
I honestly think he wasn't refering to you..

SEAL
06-01-2004, 08:56 AM
:light: i know what he refers to dude, i was being... forget it, no point in explaining :light:

GHB
06-01-2004, 09:04 AM
you're probably thinking of the guy who started immitating me about 2-3 months ago on the name 'awsome' (note: 3rd letter)
In the last few days I've seen someone faking many names... I think it's wbm(he used names like CravenBan, Desprate, PjOtLeR slurwis and similar stuff like that).
It's so annoying, can't we ban those fakers please?

colony
06-01-2004, 09:45 AM
BAN BAN BAN!! lol... ?find c00k I hate those fuckers :)

But then again, you always know youre loved when people start imitating you.

Tigerex
06-05-2004, 09:44 AM
who cares if someone impersonates you, no one knows you anyway and therefore they could claim you are impersonating them.

Awesome
06-05-2004, 11:17 PM
True, i showed up yesterday and no one has ever heard of me before, except sarcastic mods with a hatred for me for no reason.

Mattey
06-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Ancients suck.

Tigerex
06-06-2004, 09:41 AM
True, i showed up yesterday and no one has ever heard of me before, except sarcastic mods with a hatred for me for no reason.

Hey i don't hate you, i'm not a mod or even a player. I feel sorry for you but even that pushes the extent to which i'm truely bothered about anything related to this game anymore. I merely read the forums once every few days, somewhat like using nicotine patches to get over an addiction. I'm almost one month without logging in, things are fine and dandy!

Jargha
06-06-2004, 12:24 PM
i like that pakastainien dude :eek:

Komponentti
07-11-2004, 12:33 PM
well, ancients are cool, DEA is only jerk in that squad.
There must be one jerk in every squad, like lnx in tw staff.

Ezor
07-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Fuck you, lnx is cool. And you're a dumb shit for not being able to read. This thread was dead for over a month. STOP REVIVING OLD THREADS, YOU FUCKS.