PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Strikes

THE PUSHER
05-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey everyone,

The ultimate in shitty has happened. Saturday night during a thunderstorm, lightning struck my neighbors house, and the resulting power surge wreaked havoc like you wouldnt believe. I lost my entire computer, the whole fucking thing. Looks like someone took a blowtorch to the circuit boards. Apparently the 75,000 AMP protection on the surge protector wasn't enough to deal with Mother Nature.

So anyways, until I get a new computer (which won't be anytime soon), I will not be able to do any Trench Centers. I'm hoping that Conc and the boys will be able to take over and do them each week. For now, I won't be able to contribute shit. The computer I'm using is as powerful as a pocket calculator. I can barely play Continuum on it.

I heard Conc's show was awesome, anyone care to type out a transcript? No sound on this comp either.

-PUSH

ConcreteSchlyrd
05-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Push, talk to me ingame sometime, if your current computer is okay with the spaceship game. I may be able to make your wildest dreams come true.

Mostly because I can't handle the stress of another TC. :) Seriously, big ups to you for doing them well, because mine was shoddy.

unrealistic
06-01-2004, 03:40 AM
Conc you did good man! Just lower the irritating music in the background...

DOTSY
06-01-2004, 04:52 AM
GL push

IceStorm
06-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Woa.. Push that really sucks.
I hope something works out for you. I am always afraid that would happen to me.. :(

RabbitRapist
06-01-2004, 09:12 AM
I don't mind helping out if you need someone.

Jerome Scuggs
06-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Push,

Don't take this as a way to suck up / kiss ass / etc. But, my old computer is about to drive my parents crazy (it has alot of stuff on it but my parents don't want to buy an anti-virus program, figures) and they might throw it out. If it's possible, I could send it to you, you could format it and such.

Its a pentiumIII, 256mb of ram, 440mHz (i might upgrade it) and a (non-working) voodoo3 gfx card. (the only games I can play are SS and C&C Yuri's Revenge) Overall it's a pretty decent computer, if you just buy a new motherboard it would be a good workhorse computer, seeing as i've tweaked the shit out of it and all the annoying stuff is out :P

But they might just send it off to fix it, or whatever, so it might not fall through.

THE PUSHER
06-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Well it's happened, I got a new system. First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their generosity, but I'd rather you save those things for someone less fortunate than myself. Give that to a friend who's unemployed or unable to get a computer or afford parts.

I did have some stuff today that I was going to throw together, but I returned it all for the over $150 in savings by ordering online. I don't have my new gear just yet, all on order from newegg.com. Here's what I got:

Motherboard: ABIT NF7-S nForce2 Chipset
CPU: AMD 35 Watt Mobile Athlon XP 2400+, 266 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor
CPU Fan: Thermaltake Silent Boost High Performance Cooler
Hard Drive: Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Memory: Mushkin 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-3200 (Getting this for now, adding more later)
Vid Card: ATI AIW RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, CATV/Video Out/Video In, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9600" w/ REMOTE

All that for $500 U.S., should arrive later this week. I'll be so pleased when I get it put together and running!

Again, thanks for all the offers, but I got this shit covered! (Unless you want to give me free ram $$)

-PUSH

Escalate
06-12-2004, 10:51 PM
i think lightning struck the billing server too, either that or the hamster got tired.

Toasty
06-25-2004, 02:48 PM
i'm the less fortunate how about giving the computer to me?