Connection to server lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection to server lost

Q. When I try to enter a Continuum zone I receive an error message saying "Connection to server lost". Why is this and how can I fix it?

A. It is likely that you are attempting to use an invalid name. For a name to be valid it must start with an alpha-numeric character (0-9, A-Z). The digits after the first can be most characters ( . , ? * > etc.) but excluding foreign characters (é ô œ ž etc.) and the more obscure characters (§ ® ¶ ¥ etc.).

Note. £ is not accepted. Spaces are accepted.

If your name is valid but you are still receiving this error, it may be due to a high latency or packet loss. Try closing any programs which may be using the internet such as instant messaging programs (MSN, ICQ etc.), file-sharing programs (KaZaA, BitTorrent etc.) and make sure your firewall allows continuum to act as a server.

You can also try refreshing your zones list, do this by clicking "Zones" in the main screen and then clicking "Download". This will download all zones and you can add them onto your main zone list by clicking on the zone you want and then clicking "Add Zone(s)". You may select multiple zones by holding down Ctrl.

If you still can't connect to the zone, try running a trace by highlighting the zone and clicking the "Trace" button in the continuum main screen. Let it run for several cycles, if one or more of the steps has a high % packetloss or a high average ping, it is likely that this may be causing your lag, the higher steps are likely to be those from your ISP and may be within your control, the lower steps are beyond your control, and you may have to wait patiently for the problem to be fixed.
    Last edited by Ewan; 06-02-2004, 06:48 AM.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Edit and add other situations where you could lose connection from the server.. lag etc..
    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

better?
      Last edited by Ewan; 06-02-2004, 06:45 AM.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
      X