PDA

View Full Version : In response to Ezor's "Elite Weasels..." post

PH
06-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I don't quite understand the reasoning behind that post, Ezor. I don't consider myself elite at all. I'm just a normal player who likes to have fun. Do I use unorthodox techniques? Sure. But I'd rather work on those than worry about DD's and leagues and all the rest of the bullshit. If that's what someone else wants to do with their life, fine. Leave 'em be. Personally, I'll stick to pubs so I can relax and not have to worry about proving anything to anyone.

I don't have a problem with the leaguers, etc. until they talk down on others for pubbing. I'm sorry if I refuse to respect those who act as if they're not only better players, but better people overall than me. Modesty is a lost art in Trench Wars. The fact that the phrase "gg", which at one point indicated actual respect, is now belittling and sarcastic is a perfect example of this.

Long story short, I am not elite. I'm an ordinary pubber who likes roof Javs and uncloaked Weasels. Lame? Sure. Newbish? Perhaps. But save the elitist shit for your boss at McDonald's, because I'm not about to commit my life to this game to try and be elite. I play to have fun, not to be better than any other player, and regardless of what anyone thinks, the basis of ANY game is fun. It's a simple concept, but it's one that seems to be lost on the vast majority of TW's player base.

Dark Commando
06-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Don't let the newbie get to you.

Sarien
06-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Long story short, I am not elite. I'm an ordinary pubber who likes roof Javs and uncloaked Weasels. Lame? Sure. Newbish? Perhaps. But save the elitist shit for your boss at McDonald's, because I'm not about to commit my life to this game to try and be elite. I play to have fun, not to be better than any other player, and regardless of what anyone thinks, the basis of ANY game is fun. It's a simple concept, but it's one that seems to be lost on the vast majority of TW's player base.

It isn't necessarily lame... The point I've tried to get across to you hatred, is that yes the basis of the game is fun, but.. Fun at the expense of others is not cool, at all. The same problem that you have with people looking down on people that play in pub, and for that much I agree, it's a pretty crappy attitude to have, but.. It's just the same to go to an arena, and get your fun from ruining the game for everyone else. I've seen you on a priv freq in pure pub with Izor et al, and that's what you're doing. You're annoying the rest of the people in the arena, namely the ones that are trying to base. Doesn't make you any better or worse than the guys that look down on pubbers, (although granted most of their shit is just talk instead of actively spoiling), but a different breed of the same monster. Roof Jav on one of the basing freqs, and if that's how you get your kicks, have at it. Ruining it for both sides though.. not cool.

Ezor
06-09-2004, 04:57 PM
If they deem it that detrimental to basing, they'll take private freqs out of pure pub, but I just don't see that happening. If you can't handle outside interference, tough. It's part of the challenge.

Troll King
06-09-2004, 06:32 PM
So as a form of protest against people who feel they are too elite for pubs, people are being the worst possible examples of why they feel that way about pubs? Anytime these "elite" people you're talking about complains about what you're doing to them, it builds up their feeling of "this is why pubs suck".

Ekko
06-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Why not just reply to the actual thread.. I'm just wondering why theres a new thread >.<

Cute Bunny
06-09-2004, 09:14 PM
you know... you could have fun being elite too though. Of course i wouldnt know.. ask jason.

PH
06-10-2004, 04:05 PM
That only applies if you're actually elite. I'm just a pubber who has no intention of acquiring any skill. I rely on laming to get my kills. Anyone who doesn't like dying at the hands of a lamer doesn't need to be playing online games at all. We're everywhere, in every game out there.

Do I like the fact that I disrupt basing with my activities? Not particularly. But if it's what I have fun doing, so be it. The consequences of my laming are not my responsibility in this game. If you're dumb enough to fall for my tactics, it's your own fault.

Summary: I'm lame, not elite. Don't like it? Oh well. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but whining about what I do is pointless for a couple of reasons. One, I'm going to keep doing it regardless of what anyone says or does. Two, I'm not the only one that does it. If you want to come up to roof and kill me or hunt me down in the spawn zone over it, fine. It's a game. Unlike some people, I'm not going to cry over a couple of kills. I don't care about my record, ranking, average, I don't give a shit about any of that. I care about one thing: fun. If it's at the expense of other players, they need to stop setting themselves up to be killed by my lame antics. Until they completely close off the roof with a new map or disable private frequencies in pub 0, I'll continue doing what I do best: earn the disdain of every basing purist, and gain a few chuckles from the more lighthearted players who, like me, don't mind sacrificing a few deaths for some mindless fun.

In closing, Ezor <3 men.

Ezor
06-10-2004, 05:08 PM
You talk too much, newb. :p

Kolar
06-10-2004, 10:34 PM
If you don't like how people see pubs or the people playing it then what we're trying to get accross to you is that all the shit talking, disrupting basing and just down right being an annoying shit sometimes is what makes people believe that pub isn't a good expience or at least a place good enough for them.

If you're not too much of a big boy to ignore the shit talking that most dulers put up with then sit in pub but don't whine about it when you're continuing this cycle.

Ezor
06-10-2004, 10:50 PM
I disagree. Pub's a negative experience because of arrogant purists like Bigwig and Rudy. If you don't play their way, you get an earful of useless macros and whining. That's the main thing that turned me to laming. I got sick of listening to Bigwig bitch about Javs, and I got sick of Rudy getting so far in-character that I wondered if he wasn't completely detached from reality. But hey, if that's your thing, fine. Just don't cry like those two when you get lamed from the roof, because believe it or not, most roofers are proud of what they do, skilled or not.

Ekko
06-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Anwser me!!! ><;

Cute Bunny
06-10-2004, 11:33 PM
er.. i didnt read what u wrote but i saw u say something bout rudy.. dont mess with my man.. ill hurt you!

Ezor
06-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Rudy and Bigwig are nerds who need a healthy dose of real life. :cool:

Ekko
06-11-2004, 08:43 PM
I Said Anwser Me!!!><;;

Ezor
06-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Just finished watching Hatred own it up again. The guy is amazing to watch. It takes three ships to bring him down in a Weasel. I still say it's newbish luck, but newbish luck is fun to witness.

And Ekko, he made a new thread because he's a newb who has to feel important. :o