PDA

View Full Version : LMAO @ help guides made by newbies

gerry
06-16-2004, 07:06 PM
So I visited a TW Help Guide for Newbies (http://www.geocities.com/poseign/). I guess I was made by IceStorm and someone else.

I read the "strategies".

Rock-Bouncing- The last more abstract style I will go into. This can be combined very well with the running or rushing style. Basically, just mess up your enemy by bouncing off a rock and completely changing velocity. If you are rushing you can bounce on the rock while you shoot to get a consistently very fast shot (if you do it right), or you can bounce off a rock while you are running and suddenly be behind the chaser. This works very well when you are being chased with full energy. Bounce off the rock then shoot him right away. A good example of this style is well.. me, im usually bouncing off rocks, and i dont see many other people use this style.

I was Laughing My Ass Off. *(LMAO)*

In conclusion, bouncing off rocks doesn't make it the bullet go faster. It makes it seem like it does becuase of the velocity change of your ship.

Stop Spreading lies IceStorm!!!!!!!!!!

RATTY...
06-16-2004, 07:35 PM
In conclusion, bouncing off rocks doesn't make it the bullet go faster. It makes it seem like it does becuase of the velocity change of your ship.

You read about that in Epi's post in that thread. A person like you aren't intelligent enough to find out things like that..

And atleast the guy who made this thing tried to help people, no need to make fun of him :p

Sirius
06-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Rofl actually that Ice Storm kid just took the intro post Bob made to this thread http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=11048 [Best Wb Styles] and copy-pasted it into his guide.

gerry
06-16-2004, 08:21 PM
You read about that in Epi's post in that thread. A person like you aren't intelligent enough to find out things like that..

I don't know about Epi's post. I know it doesn't go faster because I tried it. I had some STONERZ in our arena when I tried it.

Vitron
06-16-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't know about Epi's post.

"There are no Epi infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

Edit: Hmm, what were you doing looking at "TW Help Guide for Newbies"

Bioture
06-16-2004, 08:49 PM
The bullets would go as fast as if you where moving forward and shooting (which is faster than staying still and shooting), however if you hit a rock, and fire before you hit that rock, it seems like the bullet is uber fast because you're no longer moving after you fire it.

IceStorm
06-16-2004, 10:28 PM
I didn't do the wb Strat .. Blue Thunder did. I am currently making a jav guide. Like vit said why would you be looking at our guide? We made it to help new players learn the ropes, Not for people that would leave negative remarks upon it. We spend alot of time on it.. I would like to see you do better.

Sirius kid.., If you even looked at our website we posted.
Thanks to Bob (SRB) for helping put this together.

Edit: Gerry it seems you are the newbie that didnt read the text. Bob wrote it not us. There was a thread on it if you have any more thoughtless remarks. And I can beat you in any ship, Don't call people newbies when they are better than you are. And we actually put effort into helping people and get red faced snobbes like you breathing down there necks..

Awesome
06-16-2004, 10:39 PM
In conclusion, bouncing off rocks doesn't make it the bullet go faster. It makes it seem like it does becuase of the velocity change of your ship.this seems like a less educated version of what epinephrine said not long ago. very nice of you to show you're paying attention but you don't need to bash someone else in the process. rock shots do have value. they make your bullets (and bombs) go at the maximum speed even when you are not flying at full speed or need to turn quick (lowering your speed).

Capital Knockers
06-16-2004, 10:55 PM
At least these people are doing something constructive with their time. Instead of making themselves look like retards, which you seem to do very well.

Troll King
06-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Just as a point of reference: The 5 newest threads on the FAQ forum were made by Gerry, and they were fairly well done. If anyone's been wondering why he's looking at "newbie FAQs" or commenting on Gerry not trying to help other people, take a look there first.

Kolar
06-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Well TK for one, he's posting in the wrong forum. He should be putting it in the sub forum. Most of what he's posting is useless in my opinion and has been covered already. Most of it also isn't purely "educational", useful or correct and attempts to take the piss out of people and the comunity. Maybe he should stick to not making bots.

It's a clear example of who both players are actually by seeing this thread. If someone wants to help, let them, theres no need to make fun of people who find helping people fun and fulfilling while at the same time helping the community.

edit: Even though both of them are equally disruptive to TW, at least Ice Storm stopped posting on here to be annoying a long time ago and doesn't try to "lame" in game.

An UnKnOwN KiLLa
06-16-2004, 11:15 PM
gerry be quiet :mad: , ice is cool :up:

Toasty
06-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Its not a bad site hehe

unrealistic
06-17-2004, 09:02 AM
You're attempt to make someone else look stupid failed. Go home.

Golden Sun 1
06-17-2004, 09:08 AM
o_O im sure rock shots do go faster.

gerry
06-17-2004, 10:43 AM
The funny thing about all this, is that I was just kidding when I told Ice to stop lying to the people. It is very hard to sense the sarcasm in the internet.

What's funnier is that he had to come to the Pub 1 was in last night, and proceed to defend his claim, in which I just simply replied, "I was kidding dude".

He kept on typing nonsense so I typed the following on the pub chat:

gerry> IceStorm
gerry> please stop harrasing me
gerry> before I rape your ass

So he left after all the mods came in.

I guess it wouldn't look right for someone wanting get get back on staff.

All you staff hungry motherfuckers better realize I don't give a fuck about your agendas. If you get mad over something I type on these forums or inside the game, well too fucking bad.

I'm not going to go to pub and harrass you with PM's

As far as laming, I was in a lev last night, and I got to flagroom 5 times on my own without attaching. I got 150+ bounty all 5 times.

I don't think that's laming. That's just straight out skill.

PS: Ice Storm has a problem. I think I will start using "EZ" macros on people I think are whiny brats, like IceStorm, not because I care, but because I will feed his compulsive behavior to retaliate, proving me right.

Kolar
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
What ever happened to just playing this game?

RabbitRapist
06-17-2004, 11:17 AM
shove a link on there to my basing guide: www.billysielu.co.uk/basing

Due
06-17-2004, 12:52 PM
nice guild rr

wadi
06-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Moved to Trash Talk

Give the trolling a rest gerry. You're backpedaling so fast in this thread it's painful, so just stop posting threads for a while k?

Ewan
06-17-2004, 02:18 PM
One thing Gerry, I think he means, if you are running from someone, and bounce of a wall/rock it will instantly change your velocity so it is in their direction and if you shoot at the same time, the shot will be unexpectedly fast due to you just changing velocity. It works in wbs and javs.

Sirius
06-17-2004, 02:47 PM
People still confused about rock shots? Thought I cleared it up in the Best Wb Styles thread.

In an attempt to compensate for lag, the game is scripted to stress the ship's position in relevance to the person's lag. The more the person lags, the more his ship will be graphically propelled further ahead than they are for compensation purposes, when they move in a particular direction. That's where rock shots come in. When a person flies towards a rock and shoots right before they hit it, on the opponent's screen they bounce off the rock before they even get to it normally; therefore the shot becomes visually delayed and the distance between the warbird and the the area where the bullet appears increases, which creates a visual illusion of greater speed that the bullet travels at. Also, the visual relativity between the opponent's ship moving backwards and a bullet coming out of nowhere at fast speed going forward amplifies the illusion's effect.

Noah
06-17-2004, 05:03 PM
cool, let's start harassing ppl trying to help ppl newer than themselves..

Gerry> AHAHA! THAT NEWBIE WAS WRONG!! IM GONNA LAFF AT HIM ON FORUMS!

not cool

Jerome Scuggs
06-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Gerry, ya need to stop ulling my hair when we shag everynight

it hurts

Bob (SRB)
06-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah I said that. But I corrected myself later in the thread: "I do find that the shots seem to go straighter, and if you shoot at the right time it consistently goes very fast, as fast as you can get a normal wb shot without being attached to a terr."

Wait a sec, I wasn't wrong in the first place, because a rock shot is the fastest you can get a normal wb shot anyways.

Oh and Gerry if you are so elite, how come you were looking at the strategy guide for newb tw players?

PaulOakenfold
06-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Gerry, ya need to stop ulling my hair when we shag everynight

it hurts
you DO have sexy hair, reminds me of when I was your age. Wow that sounded really old. Okay, it reminds me of a COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. There we go.

Lucon
07-09-2004, 12:08 PM
So I visited a TW Help Guide for Newbies (http://www.geocities.com/poseign/). I guess I was made by IceStorm and someone else.

I read the "strategies".

Rock-Bouncing- The last more abstract style I will go into. This can be combined very well with the running or rushing style. Basically, just mess up your enemy by bouncing off a rock and completely changing velocity. If you are rushing you can bounce on the rock while you shoot to get a consistently very fast shot (if you do it right), or you can bounce off a rock while you are running and suddenly be behind the chaser. This works very well when you are being chased with full energy. Bounce off the rock then shoot him right away. A good example of this style is well.. me, im usually bouncing off rocks, and i dont see many other people use this style.

I was Laughing My Ass Off. *(LMAO)*

Actually, the bullets do go faster.

Awesome
07-09-2004, 12:42 PM
no, they dont. he heard epi telling about him and dantax i think it was (maybe it was flabin) were testing it out and there really is no difference in speed... it just sends them flying at the top speed and because of the motion of your ship flying in the opposite direction, it makes it seem faster

Dameon Angell
07-09-2004, 01:35 PM
it makes jav bombs go faster.

Nockm
07-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Why would rock shots go faster? Here are two facts:

1. The speed of the shot is determined by the speed of the ship itself.
2. Bouncing on a rock only makes your ship SLOWER.

Using a little logic, you'll find a rock shot will actually produce a slower shot, if anything. This game is trying to model newtonian physics, where you don't get something for nothing.

Dameon Angell
07-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I hate javs anyways :/

Send
07-09-2004, 08:29 PM
As far as laming, I was in a lev last night, and I got to flagroom 5 times on my own without attaching. I got 150+ bounty all 5 times.

I don't think that's laming. That's just straight out skill.

What the hell? None of us give half a shit :eek:

Lucon
07-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I misunderstood what he was trying to do. I thought he meant he was bouncing off the rock, then shooting in the direction he bounced, not in the direction he was bouncing from. Yeah, that wouldn't go faster.

Mr. Peanuts
07-11-2004, 05:18 AM
didnt this thread die?

Simple Mistake
07-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Time of death.

Dilberts words of wisdom> "your slower then a heard of turtles stampeding through peanut butter"

Mr. Peanuts
07-11-2004, 09:33 AM
If I were, you I'd make that Dilbert thing into a proper sig, instead of typing it after every post.