Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Instead of making Siege play 2 championship matches in 1 day why not play TWLD this week and twlj the following week. FF has an important pro league game that he'll have to be at, it would suck if he couldn't make his tw game. Besides, 2 championship matches in 1 day would suck for any team. There really aren't ANY plans for when next season is starting so a delay won't really hurt anything.

I'd say play javs this week and birds next week because generally birds are more popular, thus should go last
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

If this gives an excuse for acid to delay TWLB even longer I wouldn't be in favor of it. I'd say do 1 on sat. and 1 on sun.

Comment

There is no point in doing TWLB anyways now, squads have different rosters, squads have dissolved, and most will have attendance problems that they wouldn't have had at the end of the season. Also no point doing an all-star game either.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

As an addendum to this:

Last time Elusive played Siege in TWLJ we were forced to play in a time that Siege wanted (ignoring the scheduling mishap, Crome refused to budge from his time in the first place). That made it so that we were missing some players, and we had our best player leave before the end of the match because he could not stay.

This time the same thing threatens us again. We've asked for our usual 2pm EST time, and as I remember, last week there were quite a few Siege members watching our game.

All the same, Siege is asking for 3pm vs. us and 5pm Sunday vs. Onix (so they have time inbetween to warm up). Onix wants Saturday.

Should Siege get both times they want and screw both squads over? Or get 1 time they want, and screw over one of us?

Crome puts up the point that 2 hours inbetween the TWLJ and TWLD is too long. Well why not just use Nether's idea and delay the TWLJ game then? We can then do a nice 2pm EST game, where many Siegers have been seen before, and not have to worry that they will dissapear before a 5pm EST TWLD game.

If a postponement is out of the question, I beg Crome and the TWL staff to give us our 2pm time. We seriously have problems making later that day, and it would be a huge shame to throw away an entire season because Siege has people online at 2, but doens't feel like playing.

If it comes down to a standoff I offer 2:30 EST Sunday as a last possibility. That is inherently bad for my squad if the game starts late at all, but if it can start on time, I offer it as a feasible time. I know no game has occured at a 1/2 hour time interval all season, but this IS the finals and why screw up the most important game of the season?

-Epi
          Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-17-2002, 10:50 PM.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

I think Mr. Epinephrine makes a valid point. Altough I respect Crome and his convictions, I think that this issue should recieve special attention. It would really be a shame to see an entire season and possibly a very good game, get tarnished by scheduling problems.
            ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

finish it this week.
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Apparently Onix got screwed over by Siege last time. If this is true, Onix should get Saturday.
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Why the game should be postponed

First off I'm going to address the post that says it's better to play this week instead of next week because of twlb. TWLB is fucked up beyond repair, it is also a seperate league and should have 0 bearing on what goes on in twlj. Secondly, we're admitting publically we're gonna be missing some of our best players if we play this week. Unless I'm mistaken the point of this league is to determine who the best team in the league is, not to see who can schedule to their advantage the best. Despite people saying they should play this week, the games are played for the teams to see who's the best. If there is going to be a serious problem I fail to see why it shouldn't be put off a week. I've talked to most of the siege people and none of them have said they couldn't make a match next week. When you have a team playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME in both leagues it seems like a no brainer to play 1 game 1 week and the other the next. This isn't a regular season game that has little bearing, it's the game to decide who gets to put their banned up on the websight for a year. Don't trivialize it by playing a good teams bench just so you can win.

Also, delaying the game isn't going to hurt anything seeing how it's the last game of the year. It isn't going to push anything back, any league coordinating events that need to be put into place can still be done. You can send our requests for who is returning even if theres 1 game left to play.

Comment

Whoa Whoa there friend. You had to accept the time because you didn't schedule... remember ? If you would have posted ANY time up, we could negotiate. And don't worry, Siege can play 2 championships in one week. Its tough but I think we can pull through.
                    "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

Re: Why the game should be postponed

Originally posted by Nethervoid
                      Don't trivialize it by playing a good teams bench just so you can win.
                      Read that Crome. Finished? Ok, now read it again.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

If you haven't noticed or heard since like Ruby you probably don't talk a lot of shit or play much TW since you got stomped, FieryFire will not be making the games due to college, and banzi might not make it due to personal things. So the "im missing some starters" is a bullshit cry to my ears. Elusive and Siege are fine. We have agreed to 2:30.

Siege vs Onix though is where the tension holds.
                        "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

i thought this league wouldn't allow the bending of any rules no matter how justified it would be... play it as scheduled.
                          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

I don't understand why Siege would want to win under controversial circumstances.

Comment

Playoffs should be exciting, not something a chore that needs to be taken care of loosely.

Comment

Working...
                              X