PDA

View Full Version : Public Base

KrynetiX
09-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Cmon, Everyone. Discuss the public base. What you want to see. What you want gone. What would be cool. What you hate. I personally hate the fact that some people want a bot that warns/bans tkers, and people who do not goto base. If you want the map to encourage people to goto the base, explain it.

Mythrandir
09-19-2002, 10:56 PM
I want the safe zones removed from pub. but that's just my opinion.

KrynetiX
09-19-2002, 11:08 PM
I would have to disagree there, ive grown accustom to safe-killing :rolleyes:

RabbitRapist
09-20-2002, 01:26 AM
my only point... dont change just for the sake of it. The base we have now rocks and if pub got stuffed up coz u changed it.. ya know ;)

Verthanthi
09-20-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Mythrandir

Where would I buy my precious antiwarp?

Kingz
09-20-2002, 10:27 PM
It would be bought without using the Safes. Theres a setting that allows that. And I agree with Myth there, Safes aren't useful for anything Public related besides Levis. I'm 100% Anti-Levi. A New Map Change would be cool aswell, like ?go Kryn that I helped make. Bwahahah! O_O Me and Kryn will Rule TW! O_O

Anyways, I basically would like to see where advantages can counter attack in a base. I don't know.. I'm just a Map Developer. Oh Well.

Stabwound
09-25-2002, 08:16 PM
Pubs are definately needed... there have been tons of times where I had a really nice bounty, and had to go do something quick, so I just warped out and headed straight for the safe.

Leave em!

Louis XV
09-25-2002, 09:24 PM

tear it down and put up an applebees or something

sTuPiD-gErBiL
09-25-2002, 10:12 PM
give us a corner store and a handful of brown benjamins
welfare, y0-

Zerzera
09-26-2002, 12:15 PM

OMG such a simple idea but so brilliant!
In publics you don't need safe, you either play or get the hell out (maybe use someone elses space in spec).
Smoke the levi's holes, maybe we would get an increase of basing in pubs.

Mayo Inc.
09-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Zerzera

OMG such a simple idea but so brilliant!
In publics you don't need safe, you either play or get the hell out (maybe use someone elses space in spec).
Smoke the levi's holes, maybe we would get an increase of basing in pubs.

agreed. get rid of the safes

Vehicle
09-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Kingz
It would be bought without using the Safes. Theres a setting that allows that. And I agree with Myth there, Safes aren't useful for anything Public related besides Levis. I'm 100% Anti-Levi. A New Map Change would be cool aswell, like ?go Kryn that I helped make. Bwahahah! O_O Me and Kryn will Rule TW! O_O

Anyways, I basically would like to see where advantages can counter attack in a base. I don't know.. I'm just a Map Developer. Oh Well.

I agree with all of you that safes only help levis whick I hate. But if the setting is cahnged to 1 (?buy outside of safe zones) it gives levis easier greening. A number of levis get greened to 15 and buy the final 5. Similar to what people do in warzone if they are levithans. And it is impossible to block one ship from using ?buy so I think the safes need to stay but should be in a location MUCH harder to get to, like near the roof but not in an area to safe kill, if that makes sense.

Sleepy Weasel
09-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Safes serve almost no purpose in trench since you can't power up your ship by greening. Thus if you have to go to the bathroom or something you can spec yourself with no greater loss than going to a safe zone (except for the like 6 people who play for bounty). I'd like to see just 1 safe, for nostalgic reasons, and so that you still have to ?buy in safe zones. Would make things harder for levi's.

DUTCH MADNESS
09-27-2002, 03:05 AM
<---100% with ya!!

Mythrandir
09-27-2002, 03:37 AM
As soon as there is one safe zone, levterrs will still have a place to hide in. Then you might as well keep all 3 of them.

Mythrandir
09-27-2002, 03:48 AM
A solution would be to have one safe zone that's
a. really far away
b. times out after 10-15 seconds and makes you 'un-safe' (is that possible with SS settings?)

Jargha
09-27-2002, 06:55 AM
It would be nice if levis not can attach to terriers.... and no levis in base...

Eeks
09-27-2002, 07:08 AM
Just make the safety zone timer really small :)
Or remove the old safes and put a really small one close to base entrance.

Originally posted by Stabwound
Pubs are definately needed... there have been tons of times where I had a really nice bounty, and had to go do something quick, so I just warped out and headed straight for the safe.

Leave em!
The bounties have nothing to do with basing. Go play chaos.

Zerzera
09-27-2002, 11:09 AM
I was thinking and I came up with a solution, change the ship of the levi. Make it really fast, take away its weapons. So the new function of the ship would be collecting all the stray bombs and bullets flying around in space!

Stabwound
09-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Eeks
Just make the safety zone timer really small :)
Or remove the old safes and put a really small one close to base entrance.

The bounties have nothing to do with basing. Go play chaos.

I always go in the base. I think you need to mind your own fucking business. Go play with yourself.

Wreckless MiG
09-27-2002, 05:27 PM
gasp! why dont we LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS! its a delicate balance. remove safes, levi guys get angry and such. lower sae time, afk-ers are angry. as are bounty-huys.

no safes? new arena. no levs? ?go basing. lameness and evil? ?go.

Zerzera
09-28-2002, 03:51 AM
hahahaha balance... why not remove the blocks and shields around base so LTs can go and blow at any point of flagroom and base again! That was also balance. The levis were really happy, now it is much harder to random kill whole teams that are trying to base. Or am I playing in the wrong zone and is this a BeLeviFood zone?

Vehicle
09-28-2002, 09:35 AM
a. really far away
b. times out after 10-15 seconds and makes you 'un-safe' (is that possible with SS settings?)

A) A safe zone thats really far away solves nothing, because once a levithan passes the threashhold of spawning, if there isnt a lame cloaker blocking safe it will just take longer to get there, but u will get there all the same.
B)A safe zone timing out just makes it easier for cloakers to lame the levis, and I hate levis all the same but I do hate it when a x kills me. So i disagree with that idea. And it is not possible to make a safe zone unsafe, its writen into the Continuum settings itself.

The only solution I can think of, although I don't really like the idea, is a bot in each pub to make the levithan only be able to buy from a certain distance from the center, or to block them from buying alltogether, im not sure if that possible but hell.

Kingz
09-28-2002, 09:39 AM
Safes are basically used for Levis, and people who go AFK or whatever. If they can't go to an arena to be AFK, they spec. And would give more people chances to enter the public freqs. I've noticed that the public freqs have been topped up to 15, with atleast 5 people AFK on the freq.

Kingz
09-28-2002, 09:41 AM

Sure it is! Currently, Trench Wars has it set to 30:00 Minutes. But I think, it should be reduced to 5:00 Minutes. Most definately.

EDIT: I thought I said this awhile ago, but.. let me say it again.

Leviathans should have an increased Rotation, and Thrust. Take Away a Repel, and Add it to the Sharks. They need it more than any Levi. Leviathan now has a Level 2, EMP Bomb. The Radius is reduced, and only stuns for about 5-10 seconds. Also, make it so it only attaches at 35 bounty. Take Away Stealth, and give it X-Radar.

Vehicle
09-28-2002, 03:52 PM

Leviathans should have an increased Rotation, and Thrust. Take Away a Repel, and Add it to the Sharks. They need it more than any Levi. Leviathan now has a Level 2, EMP Bomb. The Radius is reduced, and only stuns for about 5-10 seconds. Also, make it so it only attaches at 35 bounty. Take Away Stealth, and give it X-Radar.

It makes it just as stupid and powerful, when an enemy is sittin in the tube running inot the fr and a levi fires with its radius reduced 20 it will still kill. Also hey will never give levis x-radar it would piss the people who play cloaker off to much.

Fire Phoenix
10-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Hi
Fire here once again to save u all.
First off Keep the safes............
Why u ask?
BOOOOOOOOOYA
a.) When u get 300 bty in a wb, and u have to do the laundry, u fly to safe..........
b.) When u want to type something real quick, but not die, u got to safe............ when u r a levi, and u wanna be safe, lol, where u go......... to safes.

Now If u take out safes, big problems occer.
1.) Levi-Terr = Pointless. The game has a levi for a reason. The 20 bty resrtiction is also there. I personally like levis, cause they rnt as cheep as cloakers....... Im in a wb.... levi bomb, WARP. Im in a wb, cloaker, *ded* .
2.) Where will u buy items?
In EG (extreme games) u can just ?buy, which i like.
3.) What if u wanna change freq, but not loose bty? If no safes, then too bad.

There are other reasons. I do agree that safe zones are being abused, but that doesnt mean to take em out. Mabe enlarge the Pub map, and make the zones far off.

For my additions, i sugested
1.) a bigger base. more jav shots =)

2.) I would like a double base, like wit 2 flags. That would be cool. Also, i dont like the 35 pep, per pub limit, EG its 40, i think we could go for 50. =P

-Fire

BOOOOOOOOOYA

Bigwig
10-02-2002, 11:55 PM
posting in red means that we should all listen to him.
or that his grade school teacher needs to correct it.

Bluedandy
10-03-2002, 12:03 AM
To sum up: Levis aren't lame, and TW needs to be EG. Right?

KayinNasaki
10-03-2002, 12:34 AM
In my humble opinion ---

I've been leving lately. To see what I hate. And leving is no picnic as it is. But heres some thoughts.

One! maybe safes are there FOR levs (not exclusively, but still)? Levs are kinda useless without terrs to get them somewhere... I mean, why else have the bar? if ones safe, one doesnt need to worry about fire. only someone bombing from the safe needs it.

Two! Maybe the solution isnt stopping levs so much as it is closing up the base alittlebit more. This would lessen LTs and increase levs in the base (which to me is completely valid)

Three! Maybe people should.. I dont know.. Roof? ... that would help alot. It is boring though......

Lev terring is fun as hell, and really, bombing mid base really doesnt ruin anything. its when a base is cleared by a privfreq levterr that things get annoying. so make the base only attackable with jav bounce shots. Letting a lev bomb the walls is dangerous enough.

But thats just my opinion.

Eeks
10-03-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Stabwound

I always go in the base. I think you need to mind your own fucking business. Go play with yourself.
I see you failed to understand the meaning of my quote.

Adman
10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
If flabin ever gets around to getting my base map up we'll see about a new pub map.

KayinNasaki
10-04-2002, 01:13 PM
hw long was it since the last major map change anyways?

I was going through the old maps and was like "gee, most of these suck" up until the last one, right be for the current.

Other question, have the ship settings changed at all?

Kingz
10-06-2002, 01:18 PM
Hi

_

Fire here once again to save u all.

Who the hell is Fire.

First off Keep the safes............

Never.

Why u ask?

I'm not asking.

BOOOOOOOOOYA

ADD.

a.) When u get 300 bty in a wb, and u have to do the laundry, u fly to safe..........

Go Hide in the Asteroids, Who Gives a Damn about your bounty.

b.) When u want to type something real quick, but not die, u got to safe............ when u r a levi, and u wanna be safe, lol, where u go......... to safes.

Sucks for you.

Now If u take out safes, big problems occer.
1.) Levi-Terr = Pointless. The game has a levi for a reason. The 20 bty resrtiction is also there. I personally like levis, cause they rnt as cheep as cloakers....... Im in a wb.... levi bomb, WARP. Im in a wb, cloaker, *ded* .

If you like LT's, YOU are Pointless.

2.) Where will u buy items?
In EG (extreme games) u can just ?buy, which i like.

3.) What if u wanna change freq, but not loose bty? If no safes, then too bad.

Good.

There are other reasons. I do agree that safe zones are being abused, but that doesnt mean to take em out. Mabe enlarge the Pub map, and make the zones far off.

Pointless, they'll still go there no matter what. And Levi's will find another way to get there.

For my additions, i sugested
1.) a bigger base. more jav shots =)

No Way, this base we have is fine.

2.) I would like a double base, like wit 2 flags. That would be cool. Also, i dont like the 35 pep, per pub limit, EG its 40, i think we could go for 50. =P

Trench Wars is a Turf Zone. Not a Flagging Zone.

-Fire

BOOOOOOOOOYA
Do you need help finding your Mail Box?

KrynetiX
10-06-2002, 01:57 PM
a. really far away

100% possible

Fire Phoenix
10-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Hi

Kingz....... just cause ur on staff, or waz on, doenst mean that ur always right.
First off, levis r in TW for a reason. They need safes. Without em, no one will be levi. Now i know all us basers HATE levis, but LT's are part of the game.

So kingz, dont whine like a baby about a LT killin ur sorry ass, suk it up, and play.

-Fire

BOOOOOOOOOYA

Eeks
10-07-2002, 01:26 AM
The red text makes you look stupid.

Bigwig
10-07-2002, 02:16 AM
i think it adds dignity and gives the impression of wisdom.

KayinNasaki
10-07-2002, 02:17 AM
Or we could just make levs weaker. Because very few try and get in the normal why, and i dont think they were meant to for some odd reason.

THE PUSHER
10-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Fire Phoenix
Hi

Kingz....... just cause ur on staff, or waz on, doenst mean that ur always right.
First off, levis r in TW for a reason. They need safes. Without em, no one will be levi. Now i know all us basers HATE levis, but LT's are part of the game.

So kingz, dont whine like a baby about a LT killin ur sorry ass, suk it up, and play.

-Fire

BOOOOOOOOOYA

You should really play a real basing game sometime. Might change your opinion of the vaunted lev-terr.

Da1andonly
10-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Fire Pheonix, do u ever base?
levs suck
just remove the ship :/

Or make it like another ship, fast and with shots, instead of bombs...whatever, just gtfo it :p

Maisoul
10-11-2002, 12:55 PM

oh kiiiinnnnnggggzzzzz....I remember lting with you in pub yesterday -_- don't give us that

Maisoul
10-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Fire Phoenix
Hi

first, kingz' opinions are better and more valuable (as opposed to you) to half of us because:
1. We know who he is
2. We love him
second, levs are in tw for a purpose: being lame. that's all they're good for. they don't need safes, if they're going to lt, they can have their dumbass terr green them.
Last, phoenix, nobody knows who you are, and kingz isn't whining, he's stating a good point
GG, stfu, and -nt- fire

Maisoul
10-11-2002, 01:12 PM
Now for my opinion. I'm all for the safes being removed, afkers shouldn't be in the game anyway. But: I'd also like to see a new map. I got to EG at least once a day, they usually change every week or so. We need variety, new maps, new strategies, different laming angles. The same old base gets old.

Troll King
10-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Without safes, you'd have to rely on the goodness of a levi pilot's heart to remove his stupid L3 mine rather than have him go to safe and let the mine get zapped.

Bigwig
10-12-2002, 04:58 AM
not to mention if safes are removed, a lev can just ?buy to green himself anywhere.

Lord HADES
10-12-2002, 08:06 PM
NOOOOOOO dont remove the safes... It would be a hell for cloakers :(:(:(

Besides, it wont stop the levi's. I never go to safe to green, I just bomb a few newblets greened faster than running all the way to the safe.

Buying in the whole level? THATS ridiculous... Imagine every spider to have antiwarp, every javelin have 4 rockets, a terr bursting 3 times at critical moments. I dont even mention the whole croud of decoys floating in the level.

30:00 minutes is just good. In that time i can finish my dinner! Need some more time? hop out of safe and float back in! very good!

Furthermore, i want this:
R2D2/aphix: "warbirds should be orange"

make cloakers more powerfull, make levis weaker!

KrynetiX
10-13-2002, 05:25 PM
i say.. soemone should make a base with just a tile change and a few different additions/subtractions. (im still backing up my powerball idea)

But, of coarse, if i did this... It would be considered a peice of garbage... Cuz not much would be changed... Someone else has to do it like arilou or someone :p

Arilou Lalee'lay
10-28-2002, 07:30 AM
Shameless plug: ?go altbase :)

Seriously though, what would you people think of temporarily changing the pub map do a different base once in a while, like Pure Basing weekend.
I am not yet promising it will happen(!!), but who knows, if enough people like the idea.

What would be the best way to do this and when? Should there be some kind of vote? For how many days should the map be up and should it be in the weekend or during weekdays?
Personally I think weekdays, because basing squads often want to practice in public in the weekends.

Nice Pants!

yung
10-28-2002, 10:19 AM
We've tried this before, we had 4 different maps to choose from, and we chose the original. If you can come up with a map that is worthy of replacing the current public map, then so be it, otherwise don't even these issues, because we've been through all of this before.

Cops
10-28-2002, 02:17 PM
Aparently change is bad, We tried to get a new pub base even voted i think BoKi made one of the map's. Although a pure pub basing weekend would be intresting to see.

GuruMeditation
10-28-2002, 02:41 PM
I think after the safe zone time has elapsed it boots you off the server :p

AUTHORIZE THE TEAM KILLING OF LEVIS! :D

GuruMeditation
10-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by yung
We've tried this before, we had 4 different maps to choose from, and we chose the original. If you can come up with a map that is worthy of replacing the current public map, then so be it, otherwise don't even these issues, because we've been through all of this before.

fatbase, pointbase ... they're there, bitch hosts to do something with them.

Or put bots in there (instead of having it in ?go basing, move it around a little).

Hang on, I'm on staff, aren't I supposed to be saying this in staff chat? ... oh yeah, I'm a lowly ZH and no one listens :(

Bigwig
10-29-2002, 02:00 AM
if your planning on replacing the pub map over the course of a weekend, it better not take the place of purebasing weekend. which we're all anxiously awaiting