Packet loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packet loss

I posted this message at ss central first but i figure it'll be better to post it here:
    "I live in a small community in ontario and there is 2 primary internet providers, one 56k the other cable. I have cable and my ping generally stays at 200..but my packetloss from s2c is high around 5.4% right now sometimes 6.5%, my c2s is .1% so something must be wrong at your end, some of the hops that you take to get to my isp have 1000+ping to me and you also go through 21 severs to get to my isp. This all makes no sense to me because people who have the 56k have about a .4% packetloss and when i play i do not have anything else running. "

Needless to say they told me to call my isp so i did so and they told me to unplug the cable and the power source i did that waited 20 minutes and it did crap all. So i called them today talked for a bit then they asked where the server was i said in europe and basically after i said that they said that pretty much they could do nothing. I even told them that i had all the ip adresses of the hops and such they ignored that. So i am asking right now if there is anything else that i can possible do or that the tw server could possible do. Or am i just gonna have to call my isp and demand that they check all the lines and routers and such of the ip's/hostnames that i have?

Just to tell you changing isp's is outta the question.
    Its good to be evil

check where the higher figures are originating from, are they in your country i.e. linx-gw.fdd.co.uk will be in the UK.

If the ping goes up at a certain point in the hop then there is your problem, if it is witin the first 2/3 hops, then it is probably your ISP, if its a 512kb connection then realistically you should be getting 10-50ms. The amount of people connected to cable in your area will impact the speed of the connection.

Im getting like 10ms, then it goes into Europe and Finland.. and BOOM.. 50-60ms

-aphix
    help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

would help if...

here are the highest lagging servers my cable is supposed to be able to download at like 1mb per second and upload 300kb or some crap like that... here are the highest laggining spots...not sure how to decicde where the server is so it'd help if you could tell me...if u want the full trace just message me email on conto
      2 of the major laggers are at the beginning and have unkown host name however these ones also hold sugnifigant lag
      # Host name % loss Ping min/avg/max
      20 hkitmt1-ge4-0-v11.datanet.tele.f 7.2 180 300 1000
      18 hkiinetcore1-ge1-0.datanet.tele. 8.5 180 240 740
      17 sonera_1-gw.customer.alter.net 7.1 90 180 570
      so those are at the very end ...they would not be my isp problem correct?

The 2 unkown ones all i get is their ip address....not sure if thats any use at all

These 2 are at the beggining so i should contact my isp with this info?
      Its good to be evil

Comment

Working...
      X