PDA

View Full Version : Mission Accomplished

gerry
07-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Since this will get moved here eventually, I decided to start it here.

After a research study of 6 months, I have finally completed my research on online abnormal behaviour. I wanted to know why people acted the way they did on the internet.

I also researched and analyzed the probabilites that a person could act a way online and be completely differen't in real life.

I apologize for all making you send me death threats. It was my intention, however, to piss every single one of you off, for the sake of research.

I am going back to normal now, so you may see an avoidence towards internet drama from now on, now that my research is complete.

By the way, this was for my college thesis.

Send
07-10-2004, 11:23 PM
:up: GO GERRY :up: I thought you were always an asshole and being mean, but if it was for research, I guess that's acceptable, I mean you can give people second chances, even if it was for research.

Not.

Awesome
07-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Do you really think anyones gonna buy this crap?

You would've been better off posting "i'm sorry for the way i've been acting" and been done with it.

Conclusion: you stay ignore.txt'd for life!

colony
07-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Why am I reading this?
Furthermore, why am I replying to this?

Benno
07-11-2004, 01:53 AM
Very demanding college that makes you do 6 months of research for a thesis due in mid july :(

Evasive
07-11-2004, 02:48 AM
Gerry,

Quit your bullshitting. I've seen the EXACT same story on another forum - someone claiming they are doing a College project on "internet relationships" to save their reputation.

Your trouble is your absence makes good company.

Nasir
07-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Besides that this is not internet behaviour, this is GAME BEHAVIOUR... AND I WILL AC|S+_(SC+)SI*C_ASOPJC:LSANASC:KLN

hows that

Lemon
07-11-2004, 05:03 AM
Moi Preda! :D :D :D

PredatoR_FNM
07-11-2004, 05:17 AM
Moi Preda! :D :D

Jou! :D

Mr. Peanuts
07-11-2004, 05:19 AM
Good thing you dont piss me off

DOTSY
07-11-2004, 07:25 AM
so what are the results ? u now know u are abnormal or what ?

Jamal
07-11-2004, 09:45 AM

After a research study of 6 months, I have finally completed my research on online abnormal behaviour. I wanted to know why people acted the way they did on the internet.

I also researched and analyzed the probabilites that a person could act a way online and be completely differen't in real life.

I apologize for all making you send me death threats. It was my intention, however, to piss every single one of you off, for the sake of research.

I am going back to normal now, so you may see an avoidence towards internet drama from now on, now that my research is complete.

Shut the fuck up.

gerry
07-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Very demanding college that makes you do 6 months of research for a thesis due in mid july :(

I started 6 months ago. I'm graduating earlier then most people in my class. I am just too dedicated to my work. And it wasn't due in mid July. Stop assuming.

gerry
07-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Shut the fuck up.

Hi.

GoldenPlums
07-11-2004, 10:40 AM
The scientific community commends you.

PS. I'm a spy.

gerry
07-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Gerry,

Quit your bullshitting. I've seen the EXACT same story on another forum - someone claiming they are doing a College project on "internet relationships" to save their reputation.

Your trouble is your absence makes good company.

Just because you read that doesn't mean I wrote that. Good Morning to you.

gerry
07-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Do you really think anyones gonna buy this crap?

You would've been better off posting "i'm sorry for the way i've been acting" and been done with it.

Conclusion: you stay ignore.txt'd for life!

I don't care if you "buy this" or not. You will see the difference.

M ignore.txt file = *blank*

Jeansi
07-11-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't care if you "buy this" or not. You will see the difference.

M ignore.txt file = *blank*

my ignore.txt isn't. See I just added you both there and on the forum ignore list. okthanksbaibainow.

Mr. Peanuts
07-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Mine is empty on both the forums and in-game. I'm a nice peacemaker.

Fit of Rage
07-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Moi Preda! :D :D :D

Hungry Hungry Hungarian Hippos Huns!

Jason
07-11-2004, 12:49 PM
I have to do a thesis on pathological liars for my upcoming psych class this fall. Would you mind being the focus of my research, gerry?

Ilya
07-11-2004, 01:08 PM
richard creager remember when you interviewed annux on The Strokes for your class? that was funny when he made fun of obese people in it

i hope richard creager reads this

Troll King
07-11-2004, 01:08 PM
He's still talking so there must be a follow-up paper.

Dameon Angell
07-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm just really fucking confuzed.

Ilya
07-11-2004, 01:51 PM
gerry do you like avril lavigne :info:

Jerome Scuggs
07-11-2004, 02:11 PM
IlyaZ has 420 posts and i get like +50 street cred because i made a 420 joke, roflrolforlofl

Lucon
07-11-2004, 03:11 PM
This reminds me of the time Zeta_Burn registered the name Zeta-Burn and tried to make everyone think it wasn't him who had said all the mean stuff before. I don't think there was a single person who believed him.

Awesome
07-11-2004, 05:27 PM
IlyaZ has 420 posts and i get like +50 street cred because i made a 420 joke, roflrolforloflthis inspired me
<--- observe
i r l33t

Lucon
07-11-2004, 05:32 PM
How'd you make another category like that?

Fit of Rage
07-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Keep typing out your location and it moves to the next line.

gerry
07-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I have to do a thesis on pathological liars for my upcoming psych class this fall. Would you mind being the focus of my research, gerry?

I don't mind. But I would advise you to do something like I did, so no one will suspect anything.

As long as you get your degree, unless you were being sarcastic again, like the time you said I hacked Sun Servers.
:(

Jason you know that's a lie...

gerry
07-11-2004, 07:24 PM
gerry do you like avril lavigne :info:

I'll hit that shit.. $ :D

Jason
07-11-2004, 08:28 PM
The following posts have been taken directly, verbatim, from the WR forums. They reside in a thread entitled, "gerry axed".

Dude's scary. PM me if you need more details.

Ok more details, weird shit like the suicide forum thread, the constantly talking about quitting days after he joined the squad of his dreams, almost leaving to join a squad with the girl he almost killed himself over who he infact has never met in real life, pm'ing me one day that he hacked a Sun ftp server and he didn't mean to do it and he's signing off so the FBI doesn't get him, and then some supposed convo where he talked about raping a girl today that I didn't actually see.

So yeah.All of the claims made in arro's second post, with the exception of the rape thing (which I don't want to comment directly on because I have no recollection of it), can be backed up by WR squad members who witnessed you making various comments which corroborated arro's story.

gerry, sometimes you're cool man. Other times, you get super weird, and it freaks people out. :/

Kolar
07-11-2004, 09:23 PM
So next to working for Blizzard, having enough time to talk on TW's forums and keeping a fairly abnormal post rate, having enough time to piss off every single member of said forum, having enough time not to make bots for TW and to inform the community that you're not going to make them because we're all bad people ect..., not having fun in a 2d space ship game and attempting to ruin the fun of every player (it is a game after all):

....You also run scientific studies on a 7 year old online game. It's not really scientificly unethical for us, just very fucking weird if anything you have said so far is true. (For one, We don't really care about your life, and two mentally and physically effecting your own life for this game is sick).

What else can anyone say but seek help?

Lucon
07-11-2004, 09:57 PM
I think that warrants a gonk. Yep, definitely warrants a gonk.

:Gonk:

sexy wooden spoon
07-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Feel free to post your thesis.

Jerome Scuggs
07-12-2004, 01:57 AM
The following posts have been taken directly, verbatim, from the WR forums. They reside in a thread entitled, "gerry axed".

I always thought Gerry was once on a turbo-elite squad...

I think he left juice though

Torn Wing
07-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Lol, ok gerry whatever you say. You are obviously too full of yourself to face any sort of reality except your own, so have fun, I hope you did good on your thesis, look forward to seeing your name on a couple of Blizzard games that I buy.

wadi
07-12-2004, 02:54 AM

This is the saddest piece of shit I've ever heard. True or false. By the way, if it's true, I'm banning you for spam.

Dameon Angell
07-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Lol, ok gerry whatever you say. You are obviously too full of yourself to face any sort of reality except your own, so have fun, I hope you did good on your thesis, look forward to seeing your name on a couple of Blizzard games that I buy.

And one of those better be Starcraft fucking 2 or I'm gonna be pissed.

dll
07-12-2004, 05:19 AM
And one of those better be Starcraft fucking 2 or I'm gonna be pissed.

ya! wtfz is up with starcraft ghost :confused:

They better make up for that with sc 2.

Dameon Angell
07-12-2004, 11:18 AM
ya! wtfz is up with starcraft ghost :confused:

They better make up for that with sc 2.

I don't wanna bad mouth it yet, it could be a cool game. I've always thought they should make an FPS (or in this case 3PS, 3rd Person Shooter) in the realm of Starcraft as a Terran.

Facetious
07-12-2004, 12:36 PM
I'd be interested in reading the thesis, Gerry, given that I took part in the study. Why don't you post it?

Lucon
07-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Now that's an idea.

gerry
07-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I'd be interested in reading the thesis, Gerry, given that I took part in the study. Why don't you post it?

Sure thing.

Let me finish editing.

spamon_xa
07-12-2004, 02:11 PM

The ethics of your research are highly questionable. The potential for lawsuits would be far too great for any university research board to ever permit it.

When observing humans, these people need to be notified (or if they are unfit, their legal guardian or representative)... *especially* in situations like these.

The problem with humans are they aren't gorillas. You can't just run around observing them, writing papers detailed enough to be a thesis (for which you would need extensive "in real life" material as well as online material, probably including evals and interviews) ... without letting them know what is going on.

Since it is even unlikely your premise ever would have had permission to be used, however, so let's not even go on about how flawed your research would be if it did.

---

Research of the sort you just claimed is fit for high school psychology classes... where ethics aren't considered since no one gets hurt and the results would never be published.

---

Of course, if you actually had gotten to a Masters or PhD level, and planned to do research, you would've already long since known about research ethics, and probably would've heard about it in multiple subjects... maybe even taken a Research Ethics class...

... and gauging on your total lack of knowledge on the subject, I'd say you are likely in high school... which is fine... just figured I'd go through this in detail, granting each premise, then mocking it.

It is fun!

:D

Torn Wing
07-12-2004, 02:34 PM
This is the saddest piece of shit I've ever heard. True or false. By the way, if it's true, I'm banning you for spam.

wadi 4 hero

Richard Creager
07-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Ilya I don't think I have to original unedited log of it. And I'm pretty sure it was on the old hard drive. I can check though.

Capital Knockers
07-12-2004, 11:31 PM
You'd be better off just making a new alais and never using the name gerry again.

Amok
07-13-2004, 01:48 AM
I doubt any college, university, or school would accept a thesis based on communication via a computer game and its forum. Or is this one of those "earn your diploma in 24 hours" deals?

spamon_xa
07-13-2004, 03:28 AM
I doubt any college, university, or school would accept a thesis based on communication via a computer game and its forum. Or is this one of those "earn your diploma in 24 hours" deals?

Oooorrrr... maybe its 'Kiddie College'? ... there is a pre-school called that...

:)

Liquid Blue
07-13-2004, 06:53 PM

More like bald-faced lie. It's such an blatant, pitiful attempt to regain respect that I don't even need to flame the poor bastard.

Facetious
07-14-2004, 01:24 AM
finish editing yet?

Lofty
07-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Funniest thread in a while

P.S.

I'll be knocking on your door Gerry if I don't see StarCraft 2 out within the next couple of months

PEGASiS
07-14-2004, 10:49 AM
The problem with humans are they aren't gorillas.

The problem with humans is they aren't gorillas. Subject/Verb agreement is ez.

Pearl Jam
07-14-2004, 11:19 AM
You failed to obtain my consent to participate in your research. You'll be hearing from my lawyer!

Who wants to be my lawyer?

Amok
07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Ask Gerry, he's doing his law thesis too.

spamon_xa
07-14-2004, 01:14 PM
The problem with humans is they aren't gorillas. Subject/Verb agreement is ez.

DUDE! YOU TOTALLY PWNED MY TYPO! RULE!

$$$

Evasive
07-14-2004, 06:53 PM
finish editing yet?

I want to read it too. Cmon gerry whats taking you so long?

Rogue
07-14-2004, 07:24 PM
I'll be knocking on your door Gerry if I don't see StarCraft 2 out within the next couple of months

NERD :down:

Lucon
07-14-2004, 07:47 PM
C'mon Gerry, finish editing. If you don't, people will just keep doubting you.

Pearl Jam
07-15-2004, 12:47 AM
new mission: fool everyone into thinking i had fooled them beforehand by writing a thesis over trench wars forum behavior. little do they know that they have been fooled again by a neverending "editing process"

MISSION MOTHERFUCKING ACCOMPLISHED

Ephemeral
07-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Wow..a thesis. If you don't mind me asking, please post your original hypothesis. Additionally, I would be interested how you defined the key aspects and variables, such as Ďabnormal behaviorí and how someone 'acts'.

I would also like to see some of the statistics you compiled, surely you can share a few of the numbers without sharing your entire thesis. After all, when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind.

Of course, this all assumes that you aren't really lying. If you are not, it shouldn't take you more then a few minutes to cut and paste this kind of info from your thesis.

Liquid Blue
07-15-2004, 11:43 AM
new mission: fool everyone into thinking i had fooled them beforehand by writing a thesis over trench wars forum behavior. little do they know that they have been fooled again by a neverending "editing process"

Hint hint- Everyone knew he was bullshiting from the first post in this topic, they're just fucking with him now.

Pearl Jam
07-15-2004, 11:52 AM
whoa!?! thanks for the hint bro!?!?

Ilya
07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
i have it, richie

Lucon
07-15-2004, 01:13 PM
i have it, richie
NAAAAAAAAGLARBLARGRABLEe

Evasive
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
gerry, I asked you for your thesis in pub, and you said "i dont show it to idiots" , well then at least can you show it to facetious or eph? :)

Facetious
08-28-2004, 02:01 AM
yeah i did good on my sats and shit i can handle it

Auraz
08-28-2004, 10:49 AM

:up:

Ilya
08-28-2004, 10:54 AM
my college thesis will be about being awesome

because thats what i am

awesome

Liquid Blue
08-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I thought Awesome was awesome.

Rion.
08-28-2004, 01:18 PM
No - Awesome is Awesome - Not awesome. Get it?

Disclaimer: No offence to you Awesome, I don't even know you!

Liquid Blue
08-28-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm still Zeus!! then, right?

SLaQ n Sauce
08-28-2004, 02:32 PM
ive never even seen this so called "gerry" before. i must live in a cave :(

Liquid Blue
08-31-2004, 09:15 AM
Do you think he's done editing?

Galleleo
08-31-2004, 11:41 AM
I can for a fact say that I am 2 totally different person online and offline..

Twerp
08-31-2004, 12:30 PM
What did you learn about us then gerry?

Galleleo
08-31-2004, 02:45 PM
He learned that we can see through his cheap excuses.

gerry
09-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi.

I finished editing. Facetious will be the first to see it.

Facetious: I need your home address, phone number, social security number and a valid e-mail address.

Hi.

Verthanthi
09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
i need a pineapple.
does anyone have a pineapple?

Ilya
09-05-2004, 03:59 PM
as i was driving home from Decatur, this guy who looked ridiculous was in a truck with these 2 chicks who looked almost as ridiculous as him

he was listening to some ridiculous music

and making dumb noise with his truck

Verthanthi
09-05-2004, 07:02 PM
was he going "woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhh" pretending it was airplane?

Facetious
09-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi.

I finished editing. Facetious will be the first to see it.

Facetious: I need your home address, phone number, social security number and a valid e-mail address.

Hi.

lesscryptic@yahoo.com is my e-mail address

Galleleo
09-09-2004, 02:16 PM
O_o i know, Ilyaz was the guy in the truck!

Ilya
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
nah i was listening to 95.5 THE BEAT and bobbin my head

Galleleo
09-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Fine, then you were one of the girls in the truck.. You cant hide your true nature anymore Ilyaz!

PaulOakenfold
09-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Fuck I didn't see this thread until now, I didn't get to get ANY original jokes in. Oh wait....... I got one, YOU HAVE STINKY PANTS GERRY!

Amok
09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
i am also writing a thesis on psychology, so any previous posts where i have acted like an asshole were just in the name of science.

gerald, would you like to have a study session and compare notes?

PaulOakenfold
09-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I have a confession.
I know I've been hiding secrets from you, but the real truth is... I'm a woman.
"Oh man, I didn't know yous a woman, well I think we can work things out."
Well actually... I'm not a woman... I'm a horse.
"Yous a horse? That's weird."
Well actually, I'm not a horse... I'm a broom.

If anyone can tell me where that's from gets a cookie (it's not an exact quote, but if you've seen the thing as much as I have, you'll know it).

Troll King
09-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Family Guy. That's the episode where Meg brings the family to a talk show and they wind up with their own reality TV show.

gerry
09-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi.

This thread is funny. But, I am still pissed off at Zeus!!! for closing my old thread, the one that had about 7 pages.

Bye.

PaulOakenfold
09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Family Guy. That's the episode where Meg brings the family to a talk show and they wind up with their own reality TV show.
Need your address and the type of cookie you like best... if it's some weird type, don't count on it coming.

Galleleo
09-10-2004, 03:44 AM
Thats no fair, because of the stupid timezone's TK got here first.. I WANT MY COOKIE TOO!