Private Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Frequency

sigh... having been playing TW for two years, i personally think that there are too many private frequencies in pub lately... I am not talking about those leviterrs... they are okay IMO... I am talking about those private basing freqs... sorry I ranted, but I am just so frustrated... okay now, bring on the flames
    Kupo!!!

whats so bad about private basing freqs?
    i mean you have to admit... the quality of basing on a public freq isnt that good so whats wrong with a group of friends wanting to take the base with some style? besides its better than them being all wbs and spawning people...

Comment

Hang on, I gotta stop laughing.
      sage

Comment

Problems arise when private freqs dilute the competition. All the good basing players usually go on the one freq, leaving little challenge in the rest of the arena.

I remember playing this one time where this one priv freq was gobbling up players. One of the people there started spamming invites to everybody in the arena and eventually, there were 13 on the private freq, and the pub teams only had 5 and 2.

Even though we on the team of five put up an even battle (they outnumbered us, but they were full of idiots. And they had no sharks) for a while, until our freq dwindled down to 3. Even then, it took them a bit to get the flag from us, and once they did, it was increasingly difficult. I had to resort to using a ?help request to see if anything could be done. Eventually, a couple of staffers came in and asked people to return to pub freqs because they were ruining the competition in the arena. When they didn't listen, those staffers solved the problem the old fashioned way. They joined our pub freq, and kicked some ass

Comment

Hi Troll King!!

Thank you for supporting me^^
          You were the shark, weren't ya?
          Kupo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
            Problems arise when private freqs dilute the competition. All the good basing players usually go on the one freq, leaving little challenge in the rest of the arena.

I remember playing this one time where this one priv freq was gobbling up players. One of the people there started spamming invites to everybody in the arena and eventually, there were 13 on the private freq, and the pub teams only had 5 and 2.
            In many cases, a private freq can revive a dead arena. Often one pub freq will have 10 people basing, and the other freq will have one or two. The populated freq will sit in the entrance tube and randomly fire. A priv freq provides a challenge for the freq thats basing. More than one priv freq tends to be detrimental.

The 13-5 case is a little less defendable. Sometimes if an arena is completely dead anyway, it can be a gas. But it's pretty damn rare.

Comment

I've got to disagree about priv freqs - it seems like the only time there's decent basing going on is when some people get annoyed with whatever pub freq has been holding the base forever, go on a priv freq, and put up some kind of coordinated attack. It's very rare (in my experience) that there's 2 pub freqs actually basing, and remaining relatively even. Priv freqs give a chance for people who want to try attacking the base to do it, usually in the face of overwhelming numbers. And, honestly, a lot of the time in pub, overwhelming numbers are then only way you'll have competition for a group of TW Leaguers who have played together before. Anyway, that's my feeling. Also, priv-freq leviterrs do more to destroy basing in pub than any amount of private freqs ever will.
              The downside of being better than
              everyone else is that people tend to
              assume you're pretentious. -
              www.despair.com

Comment

The best pub action I've ever seen has always involved a priv basing freq in some respect. We usually try to just bring in as many people as is fair, priv freqs of 3-5 are usually the best. And the success of sparking pub basing also heavily depends on egos of the people in the arena, who aren't willing to quit once they start losing.

Comment

put em all on one frequency and shoot the bastards

if there was no private frequencies then there would be a a sort of race to spec and ener to get ont he team wiv your (hahaha) "mates"

Comment

so ur complaining because some people beat you ?

Comment

Most of the time there is only one freq basing and the other excists of spawners. When you get like four people on a private freq you will get two teams both going for flagroom. You must have some people you know and have an agreement that no people are allowed to join, because as soon as you own flagroom people want to join the winning team.
                      Eventually when you have some nice basing going and there are about 16 people fighting in base alot of people hop in a levi and blow the shit out.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                      X