ATI Multimedia Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Multimedia Center

Okay, heres the problem. I want to capture video from a camcorder. The computer came with the multimedia center, but no CD for it. I've had to format twice, and thus, I don't have the multimedia center anymore. Like I said, I want to capture video now.

Can I get the multimedia center without buying a new card? Is there any free software out there I can use instead?

okay

My stupidity, sorry. I found the CD and installed the media center. According to the directions, i'm supposed to now open up "TV". When I try to do that, it gives me an error message. It says that either the driver wasn't installed correctly OR a video could already be playing...

Now I just installed a new driver when i got that error, upgraded to dx 8.1, but it still won't work. When windows boots up, I always get the "new hardware found" crap. I'm thinking that maybe the video card software wasn't installed correctly. I go to the device manager and hit refresh on the display adapter (ati all in wonder radeon). It pops up the "windows has found new hardware...UNKNOWN HARDWARE...locating driver and shiz".

I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I remove the card from devices and reinstall a driver?

Comment

For future reference, ATI posts updated versions of its multimedia center program on their website.

Comment

For future reference, would you mind directing me to the place on their website? I search at least for an hour

Comment

There's a link to it on the same page as where you find the links for drivers. I would have given you a direct URL if I knew which board you used, but I guess I'll do you one better with this:

http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver...0-1-nodvd.html

Comment

Working...
          X