Ringers in TWLB Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringers in TWLB Cup?

I'm being told that No Surrender's signed up a pile of people, which is all well and good if the list didn't contain names like Mitch / fbz / 2dragons. I don't know how accurate this info is, but it should be common sense that you don't signup people who played the season for other squads just because theirs no longer exists or didnt make it to the cup. We're supposed to be playing the #5 squad, not #1. If light wanted to play in the cup they shouldn't have dissolved.

Does the eligiblity still stand, in which case these people won't be elibile by gametime and it doesn't make a difference, or has that been officialy waived?

Either way we'll be there and we'll be ready to go, but something about this doesn't seem right. Keep it on the level NS.

Mitch is overrated... yeah I said it.
    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

ok let me straighten this out....the people that will play will be the original no surrender members, there are about 5 of us left, and i duno how many will show. Then the people that joined will play if needed.....i figured this is a lot better then going me and magoo vs 8 of yours.

Comment

You'd rather get a forfiet than have a match vs No Surrender? Rosters were unlocked for a reason, TWLB Cup doesn't affect regular season or have anything much to do with it. Let them recruit enough to play a good game.
        TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
        TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
        TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
          twl-b cup means nothing. shut yer yapper n' go home. haha pwnd gg
          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Re: Ringers in TWLB Cup?

Originally posted by arrogance
            I'm being told that No Surrender's signed up a pile of people, which is all well and good if the list didn't contain names like Mitch / fbz / 2dragons. I don't know how accurate this info is, but it should be common sense that you don't signup people who played the season for other squads just because theirs no longer exists or didnt make it to the cup. We're supposed to be playing the #5 squad, not #1. If light wanted to play in the cup they shouldn't have dissolved.
            i agree. if light wants to play, why not re-create it and play, they have like 10 ppl still active.

TWLB Cup doesn't affect regular season or have anything much to do with it.
            i totally disagree. to me, twlb cup looks EXACTLY like the twlb playoffs. the final rankings were used from twlb season.. which means its a playoff. if twlb does have nothing to do with the cup, squads should have to sign up for it so there are no teams short on players like NS.

my point is that this is the twlb playoffs, and the winner should be the champs.

Comment

You'd rather get a forfiet than have a match vs No Surrender? Rosters were unlocked for a reason, TWLB Cup doesn't affect regular season or have anything much to do with it. Let them recruit enough to play a good game.
              The TWLB Cup matchups are based on the TWLB rankings. Most everyone who isn't on Light considers the winner of the cup to be the winner of the season, since nobody in their right mind would considers a season of 1 matchup vs every other team sufficient to be counted the winners. That sounds to me like they do have alot to do with one another.

We appreciate skate's effort to put a team together and not roll over and die. But as I've already said, it doesn't seem sensible to be signing up a bunch of ringers who played for another league squad all season. It would make much more sense to nab people who didn't play TWLB this year, or not for a squad that didn't make it to the cup, and as far as I know skate's making an effort to do this.

The rosters weren't unlocked so Light players could signup with a squad that didn't dissolve. The seeding for the cup has some meaning and that just skews the whole thing.

If it means the difference between a forfeit or not, then we'll be more than happy to play the game with whoever NS lines up. I am however encouraging them to find people who aren't hopping from a since dissolved league squad.

Comment

Only 3 Light members? Please, bring 8. Look forward to seeing your name before mine in yellow come saturday afternoon.
                1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Pallies just signed Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Guru Nanak Ji, Brahma, Enlil, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesh, Buddha, Reverend Al Sharpton, and the disembodied spirit of John Wayne to an exclusive two year deal. God bless an unlocked roster.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                    Pallies just signed Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Guru Nanak Ji, Brahma, Enlil, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesh, Buddha, Reverend Al Sharpton, and the disembodied spirit of John Wayne to an exclusive two year deal. God bless an unlocked roster.
                    The only real dilemma comes when you choose a terr - the "leader" figure. The muslims want Mohammed, the Christians want Jesus, the scientologists want John Travolta...next thing you know its match time, and the only Pallies that haven't been stabbed to death due to a neo-crusade are RogerMexico and mr.mew.

John Wayne's real name is Marion, so of course due to PERFECTED TWL RULES he's immediately disqualified from playing. Keep up with this stuff, Conc....good lord.
                    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I guess this is why you don't unlock rosters.
                      They were unlocked for a reason? sure they were, it was so a few people who had joined squads for natural reasons could sign up. not so people who let their squad dissolve could become ringers for a squad having a hard time. although i shouldn't be surprised its being exploited.
                      when it comes down to it, this is acids fault, twl-b cup should have come immediatly after twl-b.
                      is it really even whiterabbits vs no surrender anymore? 3 light members join no surrender, and how long are they gonna be on the squad? the duration of twl-b cup? yeah.
                      its great that you're trying to put together a solid line and all. but this is kind of lame. light had its chance.

Comment

Kemorabbits vs. Light Surrender? (I know, I know, the Kemos signed on before TWL but it's a joke so don't get pissy. :P)
                        Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

my catbrain itches
                          sage

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedandy
                            Kemorabbits vs. Light Surrender? (I know, I know, the Kemos signed on before TWL but it's a joke so don't get pissy. :P)
                            <-- Ex Kemorrender

Comment

Unlocking rosters....this is a fucking joke.
                              "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Working...
                              X