Refusing to fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refusing to fight

Cripples. GG. There is a rule stating that you have to have 5 people at the start of a basing game to be eligable to play, but as soon as the game is underway the minimum you can have is 0. Therefore, when Cripples start with 7, and lose 1 (that means they have 6 left...), they decide that entertaining the 70 odd people who turned up would be a stupid idea, and sulked in their safety zone. They did decide they would fight towards the end of the match to their credit. Wix then trys to pull a fast one on me by asking to forfeit the round. I tell him forfeiting the round would mean losing the match (it was 1-1 at the time), to which he then says he would not agree to. To his credit he did laugh at it after and agree to forfeit the match about 30 secs before it ended. Not sure whether he was joking about forfeiting the round but not the match, or not. I hope he was. In ?help Server said that refusing to fight comes under the rule of fixing the match. Surely in that case, trying to win would also come under fixing the match, as is trying to lose? Someone make a rule disqualifying people refusing to fight or at least have a minimum amount of people able to play or the match is forfeited. tnx.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Someone define 'refusal to fight' in terms such that a referee can use easily. I can't think of any general definition that can be applied in league matches consistently by each referee.

I would prefer to see a bot using baseelim's 'Robo_Ref> Go to base!' functionality as a foundation of determining whether a team is actually fighting or not. All it should take is a little ingenuity

Comment

There needs to be a rule in basing about "make an effort to attack base" or something along those lines. What Cripples did wasn't against the rules, but just silly. I think they were hoping that they could get eight people with time left, take base and rack up the points. Definitely a sad end to a good match. The first two rounds were very good with both teams having one good round apiece.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
        stfu
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Just because I feel like it, I'm going to point out that I brought this up a long time ago. Around the time of the 2d incident i think.

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
            There needs to be a rule in basing about "make an effort to attack base" or something along those lines. What Cripples did wasn't against the rules, but just silly. I think they were hoping that they could get eight people with time left, take base and rack up the points. Definitely a sad end to a good match. The first two rounds were very good with both teams having one good round apiece.

llater,
            Tony
            Just fucking spell "later" correctly already.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
              Calm down

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                No, but thank you for the suggestion.

llater,
                Tony

Comment

Re: Refusing to fight

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  Wix then trys to pull a fast one on me by asking to forfeit the round. I tell him forfeiting the round would mean losing the match (it was 1-1 at the time), to which he then says he would not agree to. To his credit he did laugh at it after and agree to forfeit the match about 30 secs before it ended. Not sure whether he was joking about forfeiting the round but not the match, or not. I hope he was.
                  this was good strategy on our part, sitting in safe. i was lagged and couldnt play.

example convo between me and zeus(brainiac)
                  wix> ok we forfiet the round
                  zeus> so u forfiet the match?
                  wix> no, we forfiet the round
                  *5 minutes later*
                  wix> so u gonna call the forfiet?
                  zeus> u forfiet the match?
                  wix> no, we forfiet the round
                  *2 minutes later*
                  wix> call the forfiet!
                  *30 seconds left in the round he calls the forfiet*

ok, let me explain something. we forfieted the ROUND, THEREFORE we lose the match.
                  we did not forfiet the MATCH. any newbie knows if the match is tied 1-1 and a team forfiets the 3rd ROUND, the other team wins

now, i explain the good strategy.
                  we beat A-S 8v8 handily in the 1st round. 2nd round one of our players left so went 7v8. 3rd round i was laggy, so it was 6v8.
                  good strategy --> wait in safe, and hope we get a couple more players so its 8v8 and we whoop them again.

we did have hannes and glav in spec, but did not choose to use ringers as A-S did

Comment

well us a-sers are low down dirty cheats, plain and simple.
                    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Here's me watching Matorian play on my name to avoid the waiting period.
                      I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Further reinforces my previously explained points of A-S being a gang of homosexual, dumbwitted, greasy faggots. And they aren't funny either, no matter how hard they try (with the exceptions of Adman, Kookie, Pvnrt, Bluedandy who are all only slightly gay).

llater,
                        Annux

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                          A-S being a gang of homosexual, dumbwitted, greasy faggots.
                          llater
                          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

YAY! ONLY SLIGHTLY GAY!

This is the best day of my entire life.
                            Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                              Further reinforces my previously explained points of A-S being a gang of homosexual, dumbwitted, greasy faggots. And they aren't funny either, no matter how hard they try (with the exceptions of Adman, Kookie, Pvnrt, Bluedandy who are all only slightly gay).

llater,
                              Annux
                              Your kind words have touched me in a deep and feminine place. Thank you Annux.

llater
                              Nick
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X