Glider settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glider settings

I just wanted to say that I think the new settings in ?go glider, for the spawn area, made the game worse, and I think people should change it back. Basically there are four squares, and 3/4 of the area of them is in the outer two rings, while only 1/4 is in the inner two rings, and people can only spawn now in the middle. This is bad because when the game is hosted, there are generally 30-40 people, but this makes it much more likely that people will get spawned and be unable to respond, and it also makes it much more difficult to build up lots of stuff, which is what glider is all about and what makes it fun. Additionally people can buy prox with 3 shraps and lay them out with a lot of space so that a lot of people end up dying immediately upon spawning, which also sucks. I think it should be changed so that people can spawn anywhere within the four areas, as was before.

I've seen other people complaining about the new settings as well.
    Last edited by foobarz; 11-09-2004, 11:11 PM.
    1:Zerzera> aura shut up
    1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
    jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Originally posted by foobarz
    I just wanted to say that I think the new settings in ?go glider, for the spawn area, made the game worse, and I think people should change it back. Basically there are four squares, and 3/4 of the area of them is in the outer two rings, while only 1/4 is in the inner two rings, and people can only spawn now in the middle. This is bad because when the game is hosted, there are generally 30-40 people, but this makes it much more likely that people will get spawned and be unable to respond, and it also makes it much more difficult to build up lots of stuff, which is what glider is all about and what makes it fun. Additionally people can buy prox with 3 shraps and lay them out with a lot of space so that a lot of people end up dying immediately upon spawning, which also sucks. I think it should be changed so that people can spawn anywhere within the four areas, as was before.

I've seen other people complaining about the new settings as well.
    See my point? :P I thought the old settings were pretty good.

Comment

Why did you make the word When so big Twerp?

I haven't played Glider with the new settings yet, if the spawn radius is set to the middle, is it possible at all to get to the outer rings? I thought wormholes only warp to the spawn area. How are you going to get to the outer rings without the walls being open?

From what I read, it sounds like this is a very poor change.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
        I haven't played Glider with the new settings yet, if the spawn radius is set to the middle, is it possible at all to get to the outer rings? I thought wormholes only warp to the spawn area. How are you going to get to the outer rings without the walls being open?

From what I read, it sounds like this is a very poor change.
        Correct. It's not possible to get to the outermost ring. It is possible to get to the third ring about 1% of the time, because the spawn area is very very slightly bigger than the two smallest rings, so very occasionally there is a single person in the third ring with the other 30 people in the middle two rings.
        1:Zerzera> aura shut up
        1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
        jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Comment

Working...
        X