Pure Pub Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Pub Problems

In pure pub I have noticed that a lot of people don't actually base and when there is a lot of people on one team that don't base the teams are tipped unevenly. I think there should be a baseelim style bot that automatically does ?go 12(or something) to anyone that hangs out outside of the base for too long.

I have also noticed that there are a lot of people sitting in spec in pure pub. I think that there should be a "Mr. Arrogant 2" style bot that doesn't roam arenas but just sits in pure pub and kicks people sitting in spec longer than say 5 minutes.

Don't know if I am going to get flamed for saying this but I think that this is a serious part of pure pub and I think it could easily be more fun.
    1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
    Corporation.

Originally posted by Blindmonkey21
    I have also noticed that there are a lot of people sitting in spec in pure pub. I think that there should be a "Mr. Arrogant 2" style bot that doesn't roam arenas but just sits in pure pub and kicks people sitting in spec longer than say 5 minutes.
    dman straight. the pupre pub is the only half decent one and its a pain to get into. better yet, make all pubs pure pub or make all levs stay on public freqs or make all people get to the base ala baseelim

Comment

Not a bad idea at all. I'm all up for it.

Comment

I think there should be a baseelim style bot that automatically does ?go 12(or something) to anyone that hangs out outside of the base for too long.
        It's a good idea, but I am afraid impossible. There isn't a command that lets you move a player into a different arena. (There used to be a *say command, but that's been removed).
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
          It's a good idea, but I am afraid impossible. There isn't a command that lets you move a player into a different arena. (There used to be a *say command, but that's been removed).
          So they can be warned (multiple times and with proper info like - You are in pure pub, go up or other pub) and then kicked if theyll stay outside.

And definatelly make 5 or 10 min spec limit.
          Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
            thoes guys can be *kill'ed but i dont think staff would like it.
            Originally posted by Kolar
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

The better solution rather than adding more bots and the resources they require, is for the staff to look at the crammed to the brim popularity of the pure pubs, and use it for the excuse of finally changing the lev, and changing all the pubs. Instead of one or two pure pubs, we could have 30 of the damn things.
              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

BUT I WANT TO LT WAH ! !
                Originally posted by vubinspiran
                I hate X very hard.

Comment

Yeah Ewan I had forgotten that you can't just kick them to another arena. Could just do a *kill. What would the staff have against this? It would just kick them off and they would be right back on and after a few time of this they would realize they have to go to base or be kicked.

The only problems I forsee is the fact that (or at least I think...) that in baseeelim when you go past the line it registers you as being in the base until you respawn or go back past the line. If someone were to say attach to a terr it would make this method null and void. You would have to make it so if the player is anywhere in the base it would count him as in the base which might lead to some lagginess of the bot. I dunno it might not work this way so if someone can prove me wrong go ahead.

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
                  Corporation.

Comment

?go 12(or something)
                    it should be named ?go GTFO
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Or more, GTFI
                      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                      ---A few minutes later---
                      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                      9:Kim> UM
                      9:Kim> i didn't
                      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I don't understand why they don't just expand the pubs maybe, have a limit on how many people can be on the spec freq. Some people spec for good reasons, and it's a lot easier to hit esc+s than it is to fly to a safe and thus taking up a spot on an actual team.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                        .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Well the safe will eventually kick them (30 minutes) so they can't exactly do that so people spec to reserve their spot and in my opinion if you are gone for more than 10 minutes you deserve to be kicked out of the arena because there are a ton of people that want to get in I know I check every minute to try to get in. I just think it would be a lot more appealing to the players if the items on my first post were implemented.

Corporation.

Comment

Or, it could take them out of spec, so if they're not around they'll die 10 times and be D/Ced. Dual punishment.
                            Merf. <_<

Comment

With the popularity of the pubs(not just pure, recently 've seen some of the levi pubs being full), I really think they should expand the amount of players allowed in the arena itself, and then just make a freq for spec with a limited amount of room, say 10 people. That way, there could actually be 36 people playing and 10 people watching, and getting into the game could be like Hockey, if you are in spec and the teams are full, you have to wait until a position opens.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X