Revising ?go javs. (Part II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revising ?go javs. (Part II)

First off, thank you for listening and implementing my previous suggestion. I really appreciate it, and it's nice to know not every voice goes unheard these days.

Moving right along, there is another revision I ask that you make. It would be dandy, and I'm talking really fucking great, if you could implement a punishment system for out of base fighting. The solution would be very simple. You toss up the "Do Not Cross" line, just as we have in TWJD and TWLJ. Players have x amount of time to enter the base, and once in base, they may not go back down across the line. Players failing to abide by these incredibly simple rules will be locked in spec for x amount of time. And furthermore, players repeatedly breaking this rule within a specified amount of time (i.e. some shithead who just keeps being a shithead again and again and again) could possibly receive a warning, followed by a ban if they do not heed the warning.

As for the amount of time to give players to enter base, that's obviously open to debate. I'd say 60 to 90 seconds is sufficient, but that's just my opinion. As for the amount of time to lock an offending player in spec, I'd say 2.5 to 5 minutes would do nicely. This is also, of course, open to debate.

I feel as though this system would be an adequate deterrent in keeping players from hanging around in spawn being a pain in the collective ass.

What do you think? (Everyone please feel free to contribute, but I'd like to hear from at least a few staffers specifically.)
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Good idea, although I think leading to a ban would be a little to harsh (even if that person is being a persistent dick). Despit the fact that I do my tad of spawning, this would definitely be a good system to implement - I know that when I am actually trying to play I hate being spawned.

I'm assuming this system would be run by the in-game bot, right?

Anyways, good idea. :thumbsup:
    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

A ban is not the right punishment for staying out of the base consistently. Just increase their time locked in spec if they consistently break the rule.

Anyway, it's a good idea, but I'm not sure people really want it. ?go javs is in a lot of ways a free for all arena where people go to play for 10 or 15 minutes when they're bored. Maybe some people like it the way it is. Perhaps a poll could be put up in the Poll's Section of the forum, and the link to that poll be arena messaged when a player enters ?go javs.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Send the ones that like the current settings to ?go SpawningDouches or something similar, because that's all I ever see in there.
        Originally posted by vubinspiran
        I hate X very hard.

Comment

I do hate people fighting in spawn area and some of ppl dont even intend to go into base, just trying to get better recs on spawn-area, lame, weak.

Jason, your suggestions needs a bot, bot that would be kinda easy to make becouse it doesnt need many functions and there is base-code for that too allready made (twd bots), just needs to simplify it. But thing is that aswell like other bots, we cant really quarantee that they stay up 100% time. Sure its not a big problem prolly to just respawn it if possible and ER+ can do it from king (if its up..heh).

If this is implemented, we need to change the enter-message that tells you the rules aswell, so staff doesnt get whines from people being specced everyday

But overally, could be a good try and would get rid of ppl who goes away and leave theyr ship into spawnarea so it can feed people some free kills and make the lame ones stay in spawarea also.
          Original Mambonian
          TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
          I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

i do agree, the ban thing is a bit harsh. is it possible to get that little countdown prior to spawn to be longer for those who spawn repeatedly?
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I was thinking we should only resort to a ban if the offending player manages to get his or herself locked in spec something like a dozen times in a row, and the ban would only have to be for 24 hours. That's not too harsh, is it?

Pred, I'm sure it will be a super easy bot to code. Hell, I'll even take care of it if I can be assured the system would be put in place. I do understand that we can't guarantee uptime, but that's no biggie.

As for continually increasing the spec lock time, that's certainly feasible. Perhaps add 30 seconds per consecutive offense.

So can we try this out or what?

P.S. This same system would be fucking sweet in a pure pub, although the punishments would have to be a bit more flexible/lenient.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Maybe, instead of a ban, just a "ban" from the javs arena, i.e. locked in spec for 24 hours in there.
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

and instead of specing them put them in some closed safe which cannot be exited or warped from - prison
                  Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Jas, I think 45 seconds would be optimum, given dodging and whatnot.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Stop whining about ?go javs, just spawn back.

Comment

Working...
                      X