Racism Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism Threads

I propose we put an end to the endless threads about TW racism policy.. they should be isntantly deleted because it is basically the same ignorant arguments over and over again. If you guys are worried about offending other cultures, perhaps you shouldn't create posts and argue back and forth about why you should be able to call them something and why not... If I was black and was reading this forum I would be offended. So, lets just end the endless threads!
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Interesting signature. :fear:
    sdg

Comment

had it for a long time :P too lazy to change it! Ignore my signature staffers!
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

axed
        DELETED

Comment

Rofl looool Wark.
          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
          L K> taught u what?
          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

hi warkwarkwarkwark
            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
            cool koen> :)
            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
            cool koen> not because of a bug
            EvoLd> Lol
            Treachery> meh
            EvoLd> why then?
            PubAceR> women in power dont last
            EvoLd> LOl
            toaster oven reviews

Comment

This whole thing called TW "racism" policy is very silly. You could prove that almost anything is "racism" with it. This should actually be taken into full use so that we would have 1/2 of the TW players banned. That would be fun.

Comment

As long as people react to racism, it will continue to be used. I think probably 90% of players who use the N-word aren't even racist, they just enjoy seeing other players go "Wow, I can't believe he said that". It's easy to say the word when you're hiding behind a computer screen, and granted it's more than likely not the type of attention that they really want, but if it gets results they'll spit the N-word all day long.

TW has gone to shit because the new staff is being molded into a bunch of fucks who don't know what they're doing. I know the N-word has very few, if any, acceptable places (except among blacks who like to flaunt the word just because they CAN), but when calling someone "African" or a "black person", regardless of how they're used, warrants staff intervention, something's wrong.

I think in a thread a few months ago someone said TW needs to adopt an HZ-style set of rules, and in all reality that consists of just ONE rule: Don't be a fucking idiot. I couldn't agree more. If you let words on a computer screen do damage to you, you shouldn't play. Period.

I'll prepare myself for the tired "racism is still wrong" argument now.
                Last edited by PH; 12-29-2004, 10:43 AM.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I think it more interesting that you find being offended by racism to be mopre "wrong" than the racism itself. I dont' know about you, but I'd be more likely to call the one spouting the N-word a "fucking idiot" than I would the guy who says "you know what, that's just wrong".

And a lot of people cite how people who spout racist words aren't really being racist but are just trying to be annoying. What they never talk about is how that justifies anything. I'd like to see someone start using the defence of "I wasn't really trying to tk our terr. I was just trying to get attention" to avoid a ban.

Oh, and for the record, any argument, including the "racism is just wrong" doesn't get tired if it's never properly refuted. You only call it tired because people have nothing to say against it.

Comment

<giggle giggle> tk made a spelling error <giggle giggle>

(sorry just wanted to be the first one)
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

The walking filibuster strikes again.

Is racism wrong? Yes.
                      Is racism effective in getting under the skin of overly sensitive nancyboys who shouldn't play the game in the first place? Yes.
                      Does using the N-word constitute a fucking idiot? Yes.
                      Does getting your panties in a bunch over a fucking idiot using a racist term make YOU a fucking idiot too? Yes.

People take too much shit to heart in this game. Shut the fuck up and play.
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

YOU GUYS AREN'T GETTING THE POINT -

this has all been said before, im trying to STOP the creation of racism threads because they are allllll repeats, don't make this thread to stop racism threads become a threat about racism
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

wark, as long as people allow words to piss them off, other people will keep using them, and threads like this one will continue to pop up and spark pissing contests. As I've said before, I don't condone racism, but it's a powerful tool that requires more intelligent countermeasures than what is currently being used. My suggestion to anyone who's offended by a random pubber calling them the N-word: Stop being a little bitch, ?ignore, ignore.txt or ?nopubchat and get on with the game, because without an audience the offender has no one left to call the N-word except himself.
                          Last edited by PH; 12-29-2004, 05:32 PM.

Comment

simple. is this a kindergarten, or a mmog?
                            racism is bad of course. but banning someone for a month for saying Jew? isn't the punishment supposed to match the crime? when you give some random noob the power to be the judge, jury, and executioner, and stick an <ER> at the end of his name, do you tell him to ban people for a month for saying one word? How harmful is it? I don't hear anyone posting in this topic who has been offended by racism; just spammers, attention seeking whores, and people who have been banned by a douche mod.
                            if there is this much discussion about it, there has to be something wrong.

Comment

You will get threads like this springing up becasue the current situation as it is, is totally unacceptable.

I get a 1 month ban for saying the word Jew in Context to someone (No right to appeal as emails get ignored by a faceless person who decides these things) and a person hacks a zone with software recieved a lesser ban than me.

Pure - "TW has gone to shit because the new staff is being molded into a bunch of fucks who don't know what they're doing.:

Sorry to say this but its spot on. Most staff are like cylor, 16 year old kids who aint got a fuking clue about reality and live with the power trip being staff/mod gives them.
                              Last edited by Acidmouse; 12-29-2004, 09:29 PM.
                              PicHosting

Comment

Working...
                              X