Lag 'reset'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag 'reset'

I've post this question before without success, but ill try again.
    Whenever i enter subspace my packetloss rises (to 15%) and then slowly drops to normal. This also happens on changing arena's. Going to an arena on my own (without other users) will cause to get disconnected within 20 seconds.
    Tech info: win98, p3-500mhz, 256ram, 32md videocard, adsl.

Any idea?

Mvg,
    Seal

Addition

What might help 'see' the problem,

In powerball zone i can see the ball, but not grab it.. It goes right thrue me.

Mvg,
    Seal

ps. in advanced options is nothing selected.

Comment

Is your ADSL part of a network? Here at PSU the dual T3s are shared. Sometimes its possible for me to have 30ms lag and 20% packetloss, especially during the daytime.
      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

It's not part of a network..

Comment

?message YOSHISDAD:you are easy, you are the easiest of easy, you are so easy they couldnt make an easy machine that makes more easyness in a lifetime than you produce in a second and dont let anyone tell you otherwise how totally easy you are.
          sage

Comment

message sent
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

How does your trace look? You may be dropping packets on your hops. If you post it be sure to remove the IPs.
              "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
              flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

flabin,

Just like entering zones.. the packetloss starts really high (cycle 2)

and drops slowly.. (the longer the cycle, the less packetloss)

What does this tell you? I have no clue..
                Thanks.

Comment

Dude that huge ploss at the start is worrying.

Update your drivers, and if you can test the line with someone elses hardware.

Edit : I say update drivers because for some reason under Windows my ping on the first step was 60ms. Under Windows emulated under Linux, it was 10ms.
                  Last edited by GuruMeditation; 10-26-2002, 09:36 AM.
                  gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                  gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                  gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Last edited by DoTheFandango; 10-26-2002, 11:30 AM.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Seal,

The connection problem is in your first hop, which means the problem lies on your system or your ISP. If you share an internet connection with other computers then check those out. Something is hogging your bandwidth, if it isn't within your network or computer then call your ISP.
                      "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
                      flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

3rd edit.
                        After 59.34 minutes of calling and after 6 (!) different persons at the callcenter the problem is finally found.
                        The first hop routes to a server that is -almost all the time- unreachable.. After an (variable) amount of cycles it redirects to an ip address wich is is give virtually no packetloss. (This explains why it drops after a few mins in the game?) The isp, as you said, has a service to help me with this problem within 48 hours.

again, Thanks Flabin!

ps. medi.. the format took 3.5 hours because i need to install alot more heavier programs than your winword and microsoft games ~brag~
                        Last edited by SEAL; 10-29-2002, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLaBiN
                          The connection problem is in your first hop, which means the problem lies on your system or your ISP. If you share an internet connection with other computers then check those out. Something is hogging your bandwidth, if it isn't within your network or computer then call your ISP.
                          He recently reinstalled his system (taking 3 1/2 hours and duely insulting me for it).

SEAL : Well you didn't lag out against Master .. and still went 0-1 We have the whole preseason to sort it anyway.
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Working...
                          X