Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany

Why not make official basing matches like ?go pointbase

First team to 15 points wins? This would cause a lot less controversy, and maybe bring the focus back to controlling the flag.
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

While pointbase certainly has its advantages, I doubt that switching to that style will clear up anything.

Team A holds flag.
    Team B enters flag and there is a bloody flagroom battle where Team A ejects B. B held the flag when the dinger went off.
    Team A - 0. Team B - 1.
    Repeat 15 times for a VERY unhappy team A.

Comment

That would never ever ever occur. A team that is so bad as to let the other team in the flagroom periodically every minute and not stop them or maintain a flagroom battle should stick to dueling

Comment

Happens all the time. Two good teams often share a flagroom. The flag jumps back and forth constantly.

Comment

But teams never just run into the flagroom and take the flag without opposition, what you're saying is that a team could win by just winning flagroom battles and never really owning the game, but that's not how it works in practice.

Comment

They could lose all the flagroombattles, but hold the flag when the ding comes....during a flagroombattle....

Comment

that COULD happen, but that means that team is watching a timer and grabbing the flag precisely when they need to... I'd say GG to them.

I actually think this is a good idea.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

what's wrong with the current system? nothing. so why change it by something that looks a lot worse...?

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                While pointbase certainly has its advantages, I doubt that switching to that style will clear up anything.

Team A holds flag.
                Team B enters flag and there is a bloody flagroom battle where Team A ejects B. B held the flag when the dinger went off.
                Team A - 0. Team B - 1.
                Repeat 15 times for a VERY unhappy team A.
                Because this CAN happen you just shouldn't change it all because u would make the league a lot worse..

-bram

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                  that COULD happen, but that means that team is watching a timer and grabbing the flag precisely when they need to... I'd say GG to them.
                  Or plain dumb luck.

Comment

There is no luck involved in holding the flag while the dinger goes off...

And the problem with the system Dabram is that a team could play for 15 minutes of a 20 minute match, and run to sit in safe when their lead is just large enough....

Or in the case of the A-S vs Whiterabbits, a team could play for 19.5 minutes and during the last minute, some of the spiders don't feel like giving up the game by attacking. While only someone suicidal would attack in the last 30 seconds with a slim lead, there is an asterisk next to their win in some people's minds.

That's what pointbase would eliminate.

Comment

If you decreased the timer length, say to once every 5-10 seconds, this could actually work. It'd also allow for rather massive comebacks by squads who don't start with a full team, and remove the problem with squads being lazy into base. Not sure how badly a shorter timer would hit lag though, and you'd have to get the bot to record scores to minimize complaints.

bottom line: 1 minute timer is too long for a feasible Pointbase system.

Comment

Working...
                      X