Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 6

Dear fellow Trench Wars players,

As you may already know there has been a change in the leadership of TWL. During last season I was instrumental in helping to develop the regular season structure as well as give many helpful ideas to the TWL staff. On two separate occasions I was asked to run TWLD by those in charge, but I rejected due to personal time constraints. Finally, two months ago Crome asked me to replace him as head of TWL. After a long deliberation I finally accepted.

For those who don't know me, I am Epinephrine, founder of the squad Elusive. I have played and captained in three different seasons of TWL and I have seen TWL change from the old Slowbob days to its current form. I have also personally lobbied for changes in TWL over the last few years with my ideas. But what is going to happen now that I'm in charge?

First of all the staff. I have spent the past few weeks secretly organizing the next season of TWL and finding myself a staff for TWL to replace those who are leaving. Things are not finalized as of yet, but I have already picked a second in command. Officially second in command and in charge of TWLD/TWLJ, is THE PUSHER.

THE PUSHER is best known from Pallies Radio and from his radio show Trench Center. It was on a TC-related spin-off that never quite made it past the planning stages that I met him and realized that we agreed on a vast number of things about the league. From his maturity and experience in real life as a business manager, I believe that we will make an excellent team for getting TWL to run as smooth as possible.

You may have noticed over the past few weeks that I have been strangely silent about the happenings of TWL. During this time I have been trying hard to think of the best solutions for TWL. Some of these suggestions were posted on this message board in the past week. There are also a huge number of other changes including rule changes, which will be occurring. There will be changes in the way that the TWL staff works and operates, changes in the way decisions are made by the TWL staff, and how these decisions will be implemented. We will have better bots and hopefully a fuller website. We will be integrating TWD with TWL as best as possible (see my earlier posts on this subject in the message board archives).

Pusher and I have spent a large amount of time discussing each and every one of these new ideas and new changes. We have talked to various squad captains, staff, smods, and even DoCk>. Through our discussions we found out what was possible and what was definitely not possible or not allowed. We have found out what a lot of people wanted, and we have made our decisions accordingly.

We firmly believe that TWL is for the players. Not just old players, but new players as well. We also believe that TWL stands for the highest caliber of competition in Trench Wars, and we believe that it is important to combine both of these ideas. Each and every squad is entitled to the same rights and same privileges. We will attempt to make sure that no one will be shown favoritism in our league.

Over the next few weeks we will be unveiling our changes. There is a lot to do, and our plans are ambitious. We ask that you please trust us when we tell you that we want what is best for this league. TWD is supposed to be unveiled in its new form very soon. If all goes well TWL will open a few weeks after TWD begins. In-between then there is a large mass of things that need to be done first. We do not plan on doing major changes during the season. We plan to have everything clearly laid out and have consistency and fairness in our decisions. This includes having a seasonal structure and playoff structure clearly defined. This includes a fair split of the teams into conferences, which don't overly benefit any team. It is for these reasons that we might take longer than we hope, but please know it is for the good of the league.

I have been concerned with the inner workings of TWL for over two years now. Now that I finally have it in my hands, I can only promise that this administration will be the best yet. Although it would be ridiculous to suggest that I leave the squad I ran and founded, in the interest of impartiality, I will remove myself from TWL duties for my squad. Rule is officially in charge of Elusive for TWL. As well the TWL staff, mainly THE PUSHER will help ensure impartiality for decisions related to Elusive.

Finally I'd like to thank Crome. Crome made last season possible, which in my opinion was the best TWL season ever. Never had so many people been interested in TWL and never had so many people participated week in and week out. Under Crome TWL acquired a home in www.twleagues.org. For the first time, TWL worked with the TW staff to make sure games were hosted on time. TWL found itself scoreboards and advanced bots. Without Crome a lot of those would not of been possible nor implemented. I'd like to thank him, and I will continue those traditions of success and add more to this great league.

Here's to TWL Season 6!

-Epinephrine
    trenchwarsleagues@yahoo.com
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

If you run the league half as well as you write, we're all in for a ride =)

We're all looking forward, and are anxious, but don't rush yourselves! =D
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I appreciate you two taking the reigns of what seems to be (at the moment) a very thankless and tough position. Best of luck to you Epi and PUSH - I'm sure you'll do a fine job.
      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Thanks fellas!

We are really looking forward to what promises to be an exciting season! Keep on posting those ideas and suggestions, as they are key in helping us to implement the best possible TWL system!

Good Luck and we look forward to seeing you all in TWL season 6!

-PUSH
        Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Make it one to remember Epi.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

yeah, good luck fellas- just do it right. Just use "common sense" law where applicable, you don't have to have written policy for everything.-
            also don't cancel games if the server is down part of saturday and sunday.
            also make sure all the squads that join are committed to finishing the season
            also- good choices on power distribution- i know you guys will hold it down

BIGGEST TW LEAGUE SEASON EVER- coming soon.
            Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

p.s.- what's the word on opening up TW Events Zone? or something like it?
              Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

congrats to epi and push

im sure you two will run the next twl quite well. all we can look forward to is improvements from our last twl.

Comment

Good. Excellent choices for upper TWL Staff. I refuse to believe that U guys would make TWL die or something.

I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Da1
                  Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                  You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                  There wont be another election for president.
                  Obama is the Omega President.
                  http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Epi man, Epi

Look I don't really know how to go about this, I'm not exactly one of those sensative lugs. But Epi, I just want you to know that you're really something special to me. When we first started hanging out, I realized what a wonderful, giving human being you were. You are one of my closest friends, I feel like I can tell you anything. I just...uhh I hate how words always get in the way of emotions. To me, you're much more than a friend. And I think that if we build on our foundation, who knows where out relationship might end up! You are such a beautiful, tender person and I just wish I could get to know you better. Just spending an ounce of my time with you makes me feel enriched. I want you to know how much you mean to me, Epi. I really like you and miss you. I hope you can come over sometime again.....love you so much.

- Annux

PS: EPI + PUSHER = GOOD LEAGUES RAH RAH RAH
                    Last edited by Annux; 10-21-2002, 04:35 PM.

Comment

That's the weirdest post I've ever seen on here.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

between epi's emphasis on skill and leetness and pusher's emphasis on common sense and mixing potent drinks, i'm sure leagues will kick much ass.

but even if you guys manage to somehow fuck up big time (which i seriously doubt is possible), have faith in the fact that an autistic child who does nothing but smash his head into his keyboard can still make a better league than last season's fiasco.

hip hip hooray
                        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

haha, I love you gerbz :/
                          ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

$$$
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Good luck and thanks for taking up this hard task. I'm confident you guyz have what it takes to run a good season! Stay close to the public and be consequent in your decisions.

wp.
                              http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Working...
                              X