Good Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Music

List me some good songs, I just got a new music dl dealy and am repopulating my lists. So list me anything that you think is really good and give me a brief description. I've got most of the newer stuff, but i'm forgetting a lot of stuff. Primarily missing my classic 80's stuff.

Help me out music buffs.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

jessica simpson- irresistible

hiiyoo
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

i'm going to have to go with "we didn't start the fire" by billy joel

that's like the best 80's song ever

Comment

The Safety Dance. Rudy can vouch for this song's awesomeness.

EDIT: NN, if you'll give me a little more detail as far as what you like and don't like I'm pretty sure I could find something in my sickeningly large music collection.
        Last edited by PH; 02-28-2005, 05:57 PM.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Danny Elfman - The Edward Scissorhands soundtrack. This is Classical.

Pantera - Domination, I'm Broken, Cowboys from Hell, 5 Minutes Alone, 25 Years, Floods, Cemetary Gates, By Demons Be Driven, Drag the Waters, Revolution is My Name, Immortally Insane, Living Through Me, Becoming, Mouth for War, This Love, Walk. This is no bullshit heavy metal.

The Beatles - The Long and Winding Road, Strawberry Fields Forever, Helter Skelter, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Here Comes the Sun, I'm Down, Savoy Truffle, Penny Lane, Help!, Blackbird, A Day in the Life, Golden Slumbers. This is uh, The Beatles.

Psychostick - BEER!, Two Ton Paperweight, Prozac Milkshake, ABCDEath, Those Stupid Ifs. Most of these can be found at www.psychostick.com. I also share them on Soul Seek. This is funny heavy metal.

The Doors - When the Music's Over, Love Me Two Times, Peace Frog, Alabama Song, Hello, I love you, Riders on the Storm, People Are Strange, Roadhouse Blues, The Crystal Ship. This is psychadelic hippy stuff.

Pink Floyd - The Trial, Waiting for the Worms, Comfortably Numb, Time, Us and Them, Wish You Were Here, The Dogs of War, Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-7, In the Flesh 1-2, Mother, Hey You, Wots...Uh The Deal. This is pure psychadelic.

Avenged Sevenfold - I Won't See You Tonight 1-2, Clairvoyant Disease, Chapter Four, Unholy Confessions, Turn The Other Way, Lips of Deciet, Warmness on the Soul, Forgotten Faces, Shattered by Broken Dreams. This band is punk and metal. They're super neat.

Brian Setzer - Sleepwalk, Stray Cat Strut, When the Bells Don't Chime, Malaguena, Hollywood Nocturne, Rock This Town. This is rockabilly/swing stuff.

Dream Theater - Caught in a Web, Under a Glass Moon, Home, As I Am, Endless Sacrifice, Erotomania, a lot of other stuff. Progressive metal.

Rush - Tears, Resist, Tom Sawyer, The Trees, 2112, Closer to the Heart, Freewill, Limelight, Spirit of the Radio, Fly by Night. This is rock? Hard rock? Progressive hard rock? I dunno.

Also, Metallica, Megadeth, Queen, Ozzy and Led Zeppelin made some great stuff in the 80s.

That's a pretty diverse group of songs.
          Last edited by Riesen; 02-28-2005, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Unwritten law - Seein' red
            Big Chill

Comment

Killing Joke - Love like blood, Millenium, Requiem, Eighties. They've been around since the 80s and all four of these tracks are no earlier than '94 or thereabouts. I trimmed my mp3 list to about 200 and I still keep these few, so they get my seal of approval.

Edit: I'm doing the safety dance right now.
              Last edited by Rudy; 02-28-2005, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Might be easier if you gave some examples of stuff that you're into.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Rock

For some rocks songs you might want ot look into these bands ( Ill list a few songs too ):
                  Motley Crue - Kick start my heart
                  Lynyrd Skynryd - Free Bird
                  Metallica - Fuel
                  Metallica - Enter sandman
                  Queen - Keep yourself a live
                  Bon Jovi - Living on a prarier
                  Black Sabbath - Ironman
                  Thin Lizzy - The boys are back in town

Search for these bands for -lots- of -good- songs:

Motley Crue
                  Metallica
                  Queen
                  Bon Jovi
                  Lynyrd Skynryd
                  Kiss
                  AC/DC
                  1:Hydride> who we play next week
                  1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                  1:ReNdErED> gulp
                  1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                  1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                  1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                  1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                  1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

This was originally a message to someone else which I haven't editted

22-20's - This is a country band from... Lincoln, however they've turned the amp up to 11 and the results are actually surprisingly good. Their album charted and they recently had a 15 minute showcase on them on Channel 4. They key track from their debut album is Why Don't You Do It For Me?, and if you like it (which you probably will) then Shoot Your Gun, 22 Days and Devil In Me are worth a listen.
                    Ataxia - This is a side-project of John Frusciante, the guitarist from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He's actually done a lot of solo stuff, but he spent most of the 90's on smack so they're of varying quality to say the least! Last year he attempted to release 6 solo albums in 6 months which he managed by January, however one album was with two friends under the name Ataxia. Their music is extremely chilled and slightly experimental but not as farout as Radiohead so its definately listenable. The best song from the cd (which is only 5 songs but 45 mins long) is The Sides.
                    The Black Keys - This band is a true old-school style rock album with growly vocals and a great guitarist. Its only two guys so they've got a really deep guitar to make up for the lack of bass. The song Thickfreakness is a good representation of their stuff.
                    Bloc Party - These band spent most of last year being heralded as the next big thing by the music press, and after a lot of nervous moments from various journalists desks they've finally come good, with the song So Here We Are charting at number 5 this week. Their album is out today but it was leaked onto the net a few weeks ago so liberate the track Like Eating Glass.
                    The Cooper Temple Clause - They're a Liverpudlian slightly experimental (but again not too far out) rock band, with what I consider the best riff of modern times in the song Promises, Promises. Their other class is a tune called Blind Pilots.
                    Death From Above 1979 (another misleading name, on a par with The Eagles Of Death Metal) - Like The Black Keys there's just two of them here, but the difference being its just a drummer and a bassist and the drummer sings. I think its quite a good cd but I won't buy it full price, however the track You're A Woman, I'm A Machine is worth getting hold of.
                    The Doves - I'm yet to really discover them but they've been around donkey's years and their last album sold either half a million or a million here in the UK. Very much like Oasis, their most famous tracks are Pounding and There Goes The Fear.
                    Electric Soft Parade - Like The Doves but I haven't listened to them yet (doesn't sound very promising I know, but all the people who mention the bands I like also list this lot).
                    Feeder - Great band. Brilliant. Been around since the early 90's where they started out really punky and gradually mellowed until their 5th release last month saw a really chilled indie record just above Rilo Kiley. Their drummer committed suicide at the beginning of the century and they've just accepted a new drummer instead of countless session musicians, however the song they'll always be remembered for is Buck Rogers. This doesn't mean to say its their best; Turn, Come Back Around and My Perfect Day are fantastic but its really hard to chose stand-out tracks.
                    Hope Of The States - These are a fairly new band. They're really orchestral but maintaining their indie sound, something a little different. The Black Amnesias is a fantastic instrumental and their single is a song called The Red, The Blue, The Black and The White. They keep being intrepreted as anti-American which they're adament they're not but I'm yet to work out the message they're trying to convey.
                    Les Savy Fav - This band is the current darlings of the trendy indie websites such as pitchforkmedia.com. Very much an aquired taste, but Hold Onto Your Genre and We'll Make A Lover Of You are two very good songs.
                    The Ordinary Boys - This is a mixture of Morrissey (the Ordinary Boys is the name of a track from Viva La Hate) and The Jam but with a louder guitar. Claim to fame: I met their lead singer and he signed a poster which I had liberated from the wall earlier on. This band is fantastic and I'm sure they'll crack America soon, but until then you can impress your friends with Week In, Week Out and Talk Talk Talk
                    Razorlight - Razorlight hit the big time with a bagillion selling album. Their lead singer Johnny Borrell is definately a character, famous for mouthing off at everyone including his own bassist and proclaiming himself better than Dylan. Their album is really good, with Golden Touch being the song of last summer. If you like that then Up All Night, Vice and Stumble And Fall are good album tracks, the latter two being released as singles.
                    Sleeper - This band were part of the Britpop revolution which saw them produce one really great album, The It Girl, and from that the track Sale Of The Century. The singer is a really good lyricist something proven by the fact that she became a successful novellist when the band broke up.
                    The Zutons - Another success story from last year, their album sold bucketloads with the radio executives favouring You Will You Won't and Dont Ever Think (Too Much) but my favourite is Havana Gang Brawl. There's a lot of hair in this band.
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I generally like everything. Mostly Rock but I enjoy some hip hop and rap (only a select few artists) little bit of oldies, love the classic stuff (like safety dance, so bad it's good. Or whip it by devo)

uh, other stuff.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Flag of the Shiners EP - entire cd
                        SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

1. The Postal Service- The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
                          2. Taking Back Sunday- Cute without the "E" (Cut from the Team)
                          3. Atreyu- Right Side of the Bed. (HOT GUITAR SOLO)
                          4. Anberlin- Never Take Friendship Personal, or Readyfuels
                          5. Armor For Sleep- Car Underwater
                          6. Straylight Run- Exenstensialism on Prom Night
                          7. The Used- Take it Away
                          8. Brand New- Seventy Times Seven
                          9. Fallout Boy- Chicago was So Two Years Ago
                          10. Silverstein- Shattered into Pieces

good playlist.
                          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

As far as things from the 80's, another top ten.
                            1. Men at Work- Land Down Under
                            2. Corey Hart- Sunglasses at Night
                            3. Dexy's Midnight Run- Come On Aileen
                            4. A Ha- Take on Me
                            5. Flock of Seagulls- I Ran So Far
                            6. Falco- Rock Me Amadeus
                            7. The Buggles- Video Killed the Radio Star
                            8. Jesse's Girl- Rick Springfield (I actually like this song. Ricky is hot :wub: )
                            9. J. Geils Band- Angel is a Centerfold
                            10. Shout- Tears for Fears
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Slime
                              Ton, Steine, Scherben
                              tsunami bomb
                              ska-p

all songs
                              WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
                              tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

Working...
                              X