Direct3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct3D

Im using xp and dxdiag says I have DirectX 8.1 (the latest)

But earlier I tried updating my..voodoo 3 drivers from www.voodoofiles.com and got an error when trying to load this..emulator, I removed the updated drivers and reinstalled the windows voodoo drivers but still got the same error.

-----
    Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device
    make sure you have a properly configured
    3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0
    -----

I have tried OpenGL but that has never worked with anything, causing crashes and etc.

Any help would be great, please

There are several Voodoo drivers there and most of them are very beta, you should try some other driver from another guy.
    Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Need more spec's on your machine and what emulator you're trying to run (sounds like UltraHLE).

Some games have trouble with 2000 and XP (especially XP with 3DFX cards). The NFS series for example.
      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Ive tried 2 drivers, links to any other driver sites would be helpful.

Ive actually tried all the emulators guru but there was only one with good performance before this happened which was... PJ64

Using Win Xp
        AMD K6 600Mhz
        Voodoo 3
        280 (around about) RAM
        All I can say about motherboard is ATX :/

Comment

I found Window's 2000 does not work to well with Game's. It screwed up my counterstrike and even continum. I'd use 98 or Xp.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
          X