Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing your homework makes you a terrorist

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.as...4&nav=EQlpWjof

A George Rogers Clark High School junior arrested Tuesday for making terrorist threats told LEX 18 News Thursday that the "writings" that got him arrested are being taken out of context.

Winchester police say William Poole, 18, was taken into custody Tuesday morning. Investigators say they discovered materials at Poole's home that outline possible acts of violence aimed at students, teachers, and police.

Poole told LEX 18 that the whole incident is a big misunderstanding. He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.

"My story is based on fiction," said Poole, who faces a second-degree felony terrorist threatening charge. "It's a fake story. I made it up. I've been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies."

Even so, police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

Poole disputes that he was threatening anyone.

"It didn't mention nobody who lives in Clark County, didn't mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn't mention no principal or cops, nothing,"
    said Poole. "Half the people at high school know me. They know I'm not that stupid, that crazy."

On Thursday, a judge raised Poole's bond from one to five thousand dollars after prosecutors requested it, citing the seriousness of the charge.

Poole is being held at the Clark County Detention Center.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

What a horribly written article. It mentions nothing of what the story was cited as being terroristic or threatening.

But I have to say---zombies? How seriously can they take a story with zombies in it?

Comment

Sigh there are times I hate my state. It is news stories like this that make everyone think we are stupid. Shame the stories are true.
      People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

I really hate pathetic stories like this, neurotic.

Comment

We all love the freedom in the United States, and Jesus, rather fucked up if your grandparents rat on you. They must live in serious FEAR.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

zombies? where? in go balance?
            oh nevermind.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

A similar event happened in Cornwall Ontario in 2001. That incident was before 9/11 but it was well after Columbine. What happened was that a 16-year old student wrote a dramatic monologue about a bullied boy who sought revenge on his tormentors with plot to blow up the school. It turned out that he was a victim of bullying having recently been beaten up by several other students on the school football field. The case was settled when the Crown dropped all charges on the condition that the boy enter a different school, receive counselling and have no contact with the principle figures involved in the case such as his teacher, the principal or the students who harassed him. The boy also filed a civil suit against the school board and the three teens who were alleged to have beaten him.

Several well known writers spoke out on his behalf such as Margret Atwood, Michael Ondaatje and Stephen King. While the circumstances and politics may have changed since then, I expect a similar reaction to this recent case among the American literary elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                Several well known writers spoke out on his behalf such as Margret Atwood, Michael Ondaatje and Stephen King. While the circumstances and politics may have changed since then, I expect a similar reaction to this recent case among the American literary elite.
                I think you overestimate the "American literary elite", or perhaps we are talking about different things. The literary elite in the universities and such will probably speak out against this, but those in the realm of journalism will probably not.

My guess is there will be more journalists praising the grandparents for "having the courage to speak out against their own families in defense of freedom, and against terrorism in our school", or some other pile of neo-conservative horse-shit.

Comment

I was thinking more in terms of fiction writers, maybe not journalists but more along the lines of novelists and poets. Stephen King for example, spoke for that Canadian student, so it wouldn't be surprising if he did the same here. I'm not counting journalists, not because of the politics, but because these are authors and this episode speaks about the rights of writers to create fiction.

Comment

Heh, I'm working on a story for English class that's due on Friday, and it is about school violence. This is making me consider changing it....
                    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                    1:Chao <ER>> at all
                    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Yeah but then you'd fail

Comment

I live in Kentucky. When that story came out last week I wrote the state legislature and complained, and if the ACLU had a "report nasty shit" link, I would have reported it to them, as well.

Weird thing is, I don't even live that far away from where that happened.
                        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

You don't post as much here in GD. Fix that plz.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I'd want to see exactly what they were basing this on. It mentions an outline, so who knows what was written in it.
                            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

it was probably a shitty story.

Comment

Working...
                              X