Tribute thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute thread

I just need to shout out at the Final Fantasy series, it's without doubt the best games I've ever had the joy of beating over and over. I know that there are alot of other people out there that feels the way I do, throw yourself into this tribute thread to the best games ever created.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Did somebody say shit from diamonds?

Comment

sdg

Comment

yes, yes noah you are right!

however i have to say MGS3 is pretty damn good too

but then i compre it to FF7; no contest

Comment

I've started to like FF9 over FF7. Help me plz.
          Regency> not in for dd lol
          Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

You aren't the only one. FF7 is overrated, FF9 is underrated.
            I wouldn't say that either, or even the series as a whole, were the best ever though.

I'm looking forward to Dragon Warrior VIII being released in North America later this year though. The DQ/DW series has also been underrated, especially with how it was more of a pioneer in console RPGs than Final Fantasy. It'll be interesting how the first DQ game after the Square-Enix merger will be.

Comment

I hate ff9 because zidane is such a wimp and pretty much is the worst character possible
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

i hate ff9 cos wtf is that boss right at the end of the game. IT WASNT AT ALL RELEVANT TO THE STORY

Comment

FF7 has been the best of the series, every single character peaked the Noah Cool Scale.. Cloud with a good background story and a few unexpected twists.. Tifa with huge hovering boobs, Barret as the least cool, but still cool character. Red XIII, Vincent, Sid, Yuffie, Aeris.. all of them is genious..

When I wrote this I forgot the horrible, horrible character of Cait Sith.. Luckily you can completley ignore him.

I've saved the best for last, Sephiroth, in my opinion the coolest character I've ever encountered in my gaming life.

FF8 was awesome, even the minigame was awesome. Only thing that drew it down was a part of the story at the end..

FF9 wasn't very good, dissapointment :/

FFX was awesome too..

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

So, let me get this straight. You made a "Final Fantasy Tribute thread" and you pretty much haven't even played any of the games before 7?

You guys are RPG newbies. My mom bought me Final Fantasy 1 when it came out on NES.
                    Last edited by Stabwound; 03-08-2005, 06:01 PM.
                    sdg

Comment

I have played FF5 and 6 too.. I just can't remember much because it was a while ago, I've played all FF7 - FFX when I was in army so I got a pretty fresh memory. Fuckhead.

Comment

In that case you probably don't realize yet that the Final Fantasy games you said you did like were probably the least FF-like of the entire series. When you're making sequels to a video game series, you have to retain just enough so that there is some sort of continuity, if not by storyline then at least by theme. Otherwise you're just making games and using the license only for name recognition. Nowadays, the trademark for FF games is the use of very good quality computer generated movies to advance the story. All you have to do to make a Final Fantasy RPG is to reuse the spell names, make a couple of cut scenes and throw in a couple of chocobos. People think summons are another FF staple, and even then they've only been around since 4, and in some games, summoning has been given too prominent a role in either the storylines or gameplay. People seem not to like FF9, of all the latter-day FF games, but in truth, it's the one that has remained the most truthful to the origins of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                          So, let me get this straight. You made a "Final Fantasy Tribue thread" and you pretty much haven't even played any of the games before 7?

You guys are RPG newbies. My mom bought me Final Fantasy 1 when it came out on NES.
                          you're right. we should stop playing the games we like.

Comment

You're wrong TK

There is really only one thing that is pure Final Fantasy, and that is the battle system.. Some of the FF games uses a different camera angle, but it's the same system, and it's the battle system who makes the game what it is.

Comment

I have no idea what Nailed is talking about, but I hate it when people go "Oh I love the Final Fantasy series it is so good" and 90% of them have never even played any of the games that came before FF7, or at the very least, played the PSX re-releases for 10 minutes.

Like Troll King said, ever since FF7 the series has been moving farther and farther away from what it was originally. FFX is a decent game, but if it didn't have chocobos and had different named skills/spells, you would have no idea that it's supposed to be a Final Fantasy game, and I'm not even going to touch on how dumbed-down it is compared to earlier games. FF8 is horrible and is probably the game in the series that least resembles an FF game. Riding in cars and shit... fucking ridiculous.

FF9 is very good, and is definately the game of the "later" FF games that is closest to the originals.

Play through, at least, FF 4-6 before you start going on about a "Final Fantasy Tribute" etc. You just look like a dumbass when you go on about how FF is so great, yet you haven't even played half of the games in the series.

Just a correction to TK; summoners/summons were originally in FF3 (NES) which by the way is probably the best FF game on the NES. It basically has a lite version of the job system from FF5. FF2 (NES) is definately the worst of the older FF games, and maybe even the worst in the series. They used a very retarded stat-building system and dropped the experience/levelling crap. You gain strength by attacking, and gain HP by defending etc, which is not only boring and stupid, but very easy to exploit and ruin the game.
                              sdg

Comment

Working...
                              X