Enough jacking with the settings, guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough jacking with the settings, guys

Honestly. Why screw with the X-Radar for Javelins? Weasels are not and have never been the culprit for 99% of the teamkills that inexperienced Javelins commit.

You want to know what the real problem is? Most newer Javelins think the FR, even in the middle of a heated battle, is an ideal place to practice their shots. That wouldn't be a problem, except for a couple of things.

First of all, my personal rule of thumb for Javelin is that if I'm less than around 75% sure I can make a shot I don't try it. But these players completely disregard the danger they put their teammates in when they try and pull off these shots that they aren't even familiar with, and they can't hit the holes with 3 out of 5 shots.

Second, even when they DO hit the holes, there is not a blue dot in sight. Midbase is usually empty when they do this stupid shit, but in worst-case scenarios (which there are more of than I care to admit) it's filled with yellow dots flitting about and trying to legitimately defend base from the opponent. I don't think they signed up for the task of dodging their ignorant teammates' ill-advised bombs in addition to their primary objective of base defense.

I'd rather not have to have a bot that regulates who uses a Javelin and who doesn't, but at this rate I'd rather it come down to that than having another of my favorite ships crippled because some dickheads don't know how to use it. I suggest something like implementing a bot that records TK's and warns for them, and after X amount of TK's in X amount of time it notifies staff so they can watch the player.

And don't tell me "just reship or green yourself an X-Radar". That's ridiculous. Javelins (good ones, at least) were the number one defense against Weasels. Now half the time they're completely oblivious to a Weasel's presence, and there is no time to go off in search of an X-Radar green when your freq is in the middle of an FR battle.

Staff, PLEASE stop using stupid settings to try and fix problems when the settings are completely irrelevant to the problems. This is like trying to use a Band-Aid to save a guy who's choking to death.
    Last edited by PH; 03-09-2005, 05:47 AM.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Just remove pub.

Comment

At this rate that might be a feasible option.
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

what im guessing is when ppl stop whinig, staff will stop changing..

looks like it was T0NE's millions of threads that got weasel changed in first place. then everyone's resulting posts that got it changed again and again
        04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Wait, the javs only sometimes spawn with X Radar now? That's gotta suck...
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Great, another step backwards. Soon there will be no more pubs.

Comment

Is it just me or is the WB a little slower?

I don't see why this is a big deal. With the weakened cloaking the weasel has right now I don't think the javs are in mortal danger. As long as the greens aren't stingy with xradar. I call out weasels when I shark....

One solution for some of you guys is to stop playing pubs. I mean you hate newbs so much, you think the newbs start in league or go base? Or do "Whiners" control those settings too?

Comment

Javs dont get x-radar now?! wtf... :fear:
                AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by CloudHelmut
                  One solution for some of you guys is to stop playing pubs. I mean you hate newbs so much, you think the newbs start in league or go base? Or do "Whiners" control those settings too?
                  Yes, most newer players start out in pubs because they used to be fun places where you could learn the basics of the game without any pressure. Now all you can really learn is how to LT, and from the looks of things teamkilling is an A-OK topic too. They should have just left well enough alone when the settings were at their finest and most balanced last year. The big Weasel was actually a normal basing ship rather than a sneaky little rodent who crept into FR holes and disrupted basing without doing much of anything, and surprisingly most people could actually use Javelins.

I still say staff ought to shoulder most of the responsibility for both problems. Making public arenas less friendly and educational to new players has killed pubbing because new players aren't taught how to use their ship(s), and therefore they don't bother learning anything other than Esc-2 and blindly bombing out of holes. When I was a pub fledgling there was always a more experienced player willing to help me out whenever I needed it or when I made a mistake. Now when one person screws up the only responses they get are "wtf newbie" or "gtfo of jav". A little encouragement and less harsh criticism might actually get somewhere, but asking that out of pub players is nigh impossible.

I don't agree with limiting the number of Javelins a team may use, seeing as how pubs are open-ended arenas. But the days of "Love your fellow Trencher" are long-gone with the mindset of the average pub player. Not everyone can graduate to ?go base overnight, so we need these public arenas to be fun, while still teaching players the basics. By crippling a key ship, staff has taken public arenas another step backwards. Don't look now, staff, but there's an open grave behind you.

Comment

I don't see why this is a big deal. With the weakened cloaking the weasel has right now I don't think the javs are in mortal danger. As long as the greens aren't stingy with xradar. I call out weasels when I shark....

Great... why do they keep fucking with settings that don't need to be fucked with. Weasel didn't need to be tweaked and Javs certainly didn't need to be tweaked. Even with weaker Weasels now there's only 2 ships(Weasel included) that can truly make use of X Radar, Terr being the other. That and having tweaked Weasels made long range X Radar use non existent as I said earlier in a different thread.

And to simply 'stop playing pubs' is stupid. They are fucking with setting that effect EVERYONE, not just a few selected groups of people.

And when I was in pub earlier, I saw T0NE... in a Weasel, fancy that huh? As soon as I said something about him, he left.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Sorry for the double post but I gotta say this...

Pure your avatar is almost as hard to not look as mine is :fear:

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

I noticed the warbird is slower also. I came back after a little bit off and my timing shots was off. I constantly see myself trying to shoot now, but the energy reloads slower than it did before or something and nothing happens...even tapping the thrust uses more energy than before.

I dont know if it's just me being off for a bit, but I did have the timing down to not have to look at the bar before, and now i feel all weird

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Tanner
                          and now i feel all weird

Please show us on the picture of the Warbird just exactly where it was Mister Jackson touched you.

I think TW is probably the only zone I've seen where the pubs aren't considered "the game" by both staff and way too many fucking players. "BooHoo If the Lev is changed we'll lose so many players." Well, seeing as how the players you'd lose are the fucking lev players that fuck with people to begin with, how is this a problem? If you think the only thing keeping people here is the ability to annoy the hell out of others with a level 3 bomb, then you are really just crapping all over the rest of the zone. Congratulations.

"Stop playing pubs" isn't a solution. It's pretty much a summation of the entire goddamned problem.
                          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

X-Radar is lost to javs... Not really a big deal, as it was annoying as hell to be constantly turning it off and on to see where the damn cloaker is... Terrier should really have it on at all times and direct ppl to it. The weasel is all but killed now anyway, seeing as you can't be 100% cloaked long, and if u do 100% cloak, you won't be able to fire anyway.

As far as TKs go, TW should implement a system like Metal Gear has. After 3 TKs within a time limit, that player gets banned for 10 minutes. It sounds like an ideal plan to me. It'll discourage people from TKing. Not only that, those damn LTs may disappear as they'll take themselves out by TKing too many fellow teammates. One wrong bomb and your gone for 10 minutes!

Pub, for the older generation of players, is totally useless right now. The only way I'd play pub is if they changed the levi, weasel, and lancaster to be more useful ships. Plus, why limit the number of ppl that can be on the terrier? What difference does it make. Heh, just my... well, its more than 2 cents... Looks more like a buck and a quarter.

Comment

I doubt the wbs been changed. It's a pretty perfect ship
                              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                              ---A few minutes later---
                              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                              9:Kim> UM
                              9:Kim> i didn't
                              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                              X