Philosophical Question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophical Question(s)

Do you think it's possible to work towards getting rid of some of your negative qualities? All of them? If you get rid of some, do you think more will emerge? Negative qualities such as jealously, laziness, greed, holier-than thou attitude, etc.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Yeah I do, life experiences can change people totally. I have noticed this in myself a couple of years ago.

I suppose some people would use that as an excuse for bottling things up, and bottling things up can have a worse effect.

Comment

Franklin

Benjamn Franklin, an irreligous man, tried to do it with mild success. I think it's in his diary, you can try looking it up. Apart from what he did (if you want more detail, but can't find it, ask again, I'll crack my old text book), you can try religion. I don't really know any other ways besides those, although I'm sure there could be. Oh yeah, and as Peanuts said life experiences, which can go either way.
      True quote from forums:
      Originally posted by Erathia
      and I agree with Abatis.
      True quote from ?go base:
      Spamon Xa> Abatis isn't bad

Comment

Could you elaborate on both accuonts? And do you think we can change some, but not all of our bad qualities?

EDIT: Was talking to Mr. Peanuts

And yes, I heard about Franklin trying this out. I got to thinking about this today and decided to get some opinions on it.
        Last edited by Liquid Blue; 03-14-2005, 03:24 PM.
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

When you are bitter about the bad things that happen to you and suddenly you realise, your life isn't so bad when you hear about a story. Also, what is in the past, is in the past, try to move on.

Comment

Slut is my favorite story on literotica
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Back from the banned I see. :greedy:

Comment

hey mr. peanuts :wub:
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

hai.

Comment

yes it is, but its hard to suceed without help. if you are a depressive being you cant stop being one, your choose is part of the mental illness. similar to that, if you are greedy you cant stop being that way because being greedy inclused the want to be that way. if you dont want to be greedy you are not greedy. that means if a greedy person thinks about himself he cant understand the problem on his subjective impression. however, if you know your bad attributes you can try to fight their results. but if you want to stop being greedy you have to change your wants. if you are greedy you want more money, in order to not be greedy money has to be from no interest for you. thats not a change you will go trough without some serious input, which is very unlikely going to come from yourself (since you want money).

that raises the question: can you change yourself or can only others change you? and is your mind your greatest prison?

furthermore: did god lie to us when he told us we have a free will?
                    Last edited by Fluffz; 03-14-2005, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I think God lied to us when he said "Hey, I exist"
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Yes, I think you can... but you would need something to base your 'right' and 'wrong' off of.

Comment

7:Barton> hi tats
                          7:Barton> still no smod?
                          7:Barton> :(
                          7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                          7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                          3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Sure, I think people can change.

I think people are on a constant journey in life whether they realize it or not, and those who are open to realizing the darkness within themselves can achieve the most growth.

However, I don't think one can actually "get rid of all of their negative qualities". Since it is man's nature to be imperfect, one can never walk a path of unwavering purity. But I think it's very possible to consistently walk on the path of righteousness---whatever that may be---for some it's Jesus, for some it's Allah, for some, it's just not interfering with the peace and liberty of others.

Comment

The term "negative qualities" is subjective too. What someone else considers to be a negative quality of yours, you might not see as being a bad thing at all. Conversely, some negative traits you see in yourself others might not see.

Comment

Working...
                              X