Strikeball arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikeball arenas

OK... so whose idea was it to change the tile for all of the strikeball arenas? the safes, creases, and borders are now just plain white squares. Whoever did this should.........(sb players can fill in the blank, may contain brutal violence)

Dunno. There were some heated words exchanged between myself and arilou lalee'lay (probably got that wrong) over the quadstrike arena map that went up. This may be fall out from that, and if so I apologize to all the players effected.

I did learn a few things about submitting maps to TW, so consider the following when you submit a map:

Maps can, have been, and will be changed by TW Staff. Once a map is submitted, you no longer have any claim on any of the work. Derivatives of said work can be made, and you can be sighted as a creator without your knowledge or permission.

Just some things to think about, I know this information isn't readily available on the tw site, but then I couldn't find how to submit a map either during my admittedly quick inspection.

It might just be tileset corruption... who knows?

Comment

eh... looks like tileset corruption to me. I got the same when i tryed to transfer a tileset between comps via floppy disk. Damn obsolete technology. I hope Arilou hasn't resorted to floppy disks...

Originally posted by Disliked
      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Ahhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Wtf Happened????????

Comment

I will restore the arenas immediately.

I wanted to prove a point to somebody*.

Sorry for the inconvenience, it will not happen again.

-Arilou Lalee'lay

*: ?go quasi

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
            Maps can, have been, and will be changed by TW Staff. Once a map is submitted, you no longer have any claim on any of the work. Derivatives of said work can be made, and you can be sighted as a creator without your knowledge or permission.
            That is totelly BS!

some ppl work hard on thoes maps & when staff does not like it, they change it.
            that is so fucking stupid

-Due
            -Tw Dev member
            Originally posted by Kolar
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Get him, Due -TW Dev member !!

And Wadi .. are u dumb or something? Ur comment didn't make any sense at all. They make those maps for TW and not for Staff. Staff doesn't have anything to do with the creation of the maps. If staff doesn't agree with the maps, they should make maps theirselves. But noooooooooo you kids are too lazy for that, and abuse the good-will of other TW community members.

If I'd be member of TW Dev, I'd tell you to fuck off right now and quit making any maps for you and whole staff. Nobody should actually create any new map for fags like him untill he gets axed. Fucking useless.
              Tnx for lending me your ear.

7:Barton> hi tats
              7:Barton> still no smod?
              7:Barton> :(
              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

You're a fucking idiot, andruil.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                  You're a fucking idiot, andruil.
                  so are u kid
                  My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

No comments... but if staff wants to change the maps in any ways, atlest let the creator know and they'll change it themselves. Instead of having staff messing around with it... -_-
                    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by AcidBomber
                      No comments... but if staff wants to change the maps in any ways, atlest let the creator know and they'll change it themselves. Instead of having staff messing around with it... -_-
                      true B)
                      My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

I'm going to have to disagree with the TWDev members here on this one. It's not like Arilou (really the only person that would be doing the said editting) is going to recreate your entire arena, he knows what to do to make maps better and it saves a lot of time by just letting him make changes he needs to.

I'm am absolutely positive that both the map creator and Ari would get extremely aggrivated at having to continuosly send comments/updates back and forth to eachother to get the thing updated. The process of uploading maps could take 2-4 times as long depending on how many times the arena gets rejected for certain errors. So, just suck it up and deal with slight changes being made, you guys didn't complain until you knew changes got made.
                        Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacen Solo
                          I'm going to have to disagree with the TWDev members here on this one. It's not like Arilou (really the only person that would be doing the said editting) is going to recreate your entire arena, he knows what to do to make maps better and it saves a lot of time by just letting him make changes he needs to.
                          he can atleast send an email back to u with the things that had been changed.
                          but mostly sdp tells me what i did wrong or what to change so if it is ok for sdp it has to be ok for ari.
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                            he can atleast send an email back to u with the things that had been changed.
                            but mostly sdp tells me what i did wrong or what to change so if it is ok for sdp it has to be ok for ari.
                            Due, the time that Dave spends with you and other members to get those mistakes corrected is exactly what Ari would have to do for EVERY map sent in. That would create a horrible backup in uploading! As long as you guys make sure to get Dave's opinion and fix everything he says, you won't have any edits done to your map.

For all of you other arena developers out there that are not in TWDev to get Dave's opinion, you might want to apply online at http://www.twdev.org and your maps will just about never have to be fixed before getting uploaded. You do have to have experience at creating good events/arenas though. We don't accept everyone.

And, finally, if you make an arena that is so awesome and popular that someone makes another arena using the same concept but has an added twist to the game: BE HAPPY! You've successfully created a game that people enjoy so much that there was another one created!
                            Ban Ikrit

Comment

TWDev maps should not need changing, they are perfect

Seriously, I have close contact with the TWDev ops, so once a map is accepted into TW they rarely need to be changed. I am always excited about new TWDev maps.

-Ari

Comment

Working...
                              X