Do you think the Pope should retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the Pope should retire?

ImO the Pope is too old/sick to be the Leader of the Church.
    Time for young blood!
    Discuss
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Originally posted by cundor
    ImO the Pope is too old/sick to be the Leader of the Church.
    Time for young blood!
    Discuss
    he should retire/die and take the church with him.
    :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

You're really bored
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Horny Elf
        he should retire/die and take the church with him.
        Great Easter thread

My family is Catholic, and yesterday I was talking to my uncle who is active in the church. He's part of a movement to acquire sainthood for a Priest, Father Serra.

As he was explaining the "miracles that Padre Serra performed", it took everything I had not to make a "Omg, I remember why I'm not Catholic" face.

Yes, Pope should retire/die and take the church with him. And quit raping little boys, you sick fucks!

Comment

Practically all Athiests I know hate religion.

I don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
            And quit raping little boys, you sick fucks!
            Now that's just stupid... i mean you are judgind an entire institution because of what half dozen priest have done? I'm not catholic but i know that that institution is vital in some countries and they help a lot of persons in dire need. It's the biggest charity institution in the world besides providing people with food for though they provide counseling and also a warm embrace to those in need of it... about the pope, well being pope is not an ordinary job... he represents the entire church and he has taken the vow to do it until the end of his days... i guess it's not a matter that should be discussed by someone on the outside. That way i guess that since he doesn't want to retire and all the other cardinals and high ranking priests agree with it i can't see what's wrongh with it... it doesn't mean that the images of is suffering do not make me think twice about it but he is takin is role untill the end as it is supposed to be and the way that he choosed long time ago... i guess that if he said "enough i want to retire" it would be much diferent but i think he is the first to refuse it... its a bit like a marthyr or something...

PS: im atheist but i do not hate religion...
            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

not many people know this about me, but i am actually the Pope.

true story
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by IlyaZ
                not many people know this about me, but i am actually the Pope.

true story
                whoa you can still use the keyboard even with parkinson "its a miracle"

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

you know how i roll
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by IlyaZ
                    you know how i roll
                    ahhh!! your a holy man u know... and holy men must keep themselfs holy so they usualy don't roll... :P hehe!!

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

To my knowledge he, and all previous popes, have devoted their lives to catholicism. To him it's a way of life, not a career.

Comment

i think god is getting a little old too, he should probably retire

let's get a new deity up in here

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                          Now that's just stupid... i mean you are judgind an entire institution because of what half dozen priest have done? I'm not catholic but i know that that institution is vital in some countries and they help a lot of persons in dire need. It's the biggest charity institution in the world besides providing people with food for though they provide counseling and also a warm embrace to those in need of it...
                          Half a dozen? Actually, more like thousands. It's been hundreds in the last couple of decades alone, and just in the US. Over the course of the history of the church, that's a lot of raped boys.

Regardless of the statistics, I'm judging the institution on a variety of reasons, least of which are using the terroristic threat of eternal damnation of the soul to subjugate the masses and extort donations, and creating a religious institution with themselves as the middlemen between God and your soul. Yes, the church has done good for people, but it's also been the source of a river of bloodshed, and pedophilia.

If you want to build a case for the "greater good", you might consider picking a more altruistic client.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                            Half a dozen? Actually, more like thousands. It's been hundreds in the last couple of decades alone, and just in the US. Over the course of the history of the church, that's a lot of raped boys.

Regardless of the statistics, I'm judging the institution on a variety of reasons, least of which are using the terroristic threat of eternal damnation of the soul to subjugate the masses, and creating a religious institution with themselves as the middlemen between God and your soul. Yes, the church has done good for people, but it's also been the source of a river of bloodshed, and pedophilia.

If you want to build a case for the "greater good", you might consider picking a more altruistic client.
                            Humm!! Uncle Sam might do or maybe Ronald Mac Donalds

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/bal-t...,6802865.story

Counting yesterday's figures, church surveys show that at least 5,148 clergy were accused of abusing at least 11,750 victims between 1950 and the end of 2004.
                              (Not to overstate the point, but I thought I'd bring some fact to the table, instead of just speculation.)

That's just the last 50 years, and just the US Roman Catholic church's estimation. That doesn't include beyond the 50 years, doesn't include other countries, and most victims are male, so the likelihood of the victim coming forward are much lower. Lastly, these are the figures presented in the estimation of the church itself, so it's likely a conservative estimate.

Comment

Working...
                              X