Do You Have a Higher Purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Have a Higher Purpose?

Have you ever (or still have) a sense that you are destined for "some great purpose"?

Throughout our time, we have read about great individuals that had felt they were destined for greatness, or were acting on behalf of God to fulfill a great destiny.

I was wondering if you have felt this way, or still do? What is your purpose? Do you think that it's possible that you could ever eclipse your purpose, thus rendering the rest of your life meaningless? This is a broad topic, touching on the philosophical debate of Free Will vs. Determinism. However, it's different in the sense that it is applied to the individual, as to give us a point of reference, as well as keep such a broad topic from being nothing more than an abstract philosophical debate.

Any takers?

My mission is to attain my ultimate saucy potential.
    "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

For 3 years after school I had been trying to find a purpose, for those 3 years I was nothing, then my brother had a daughter and she gave me motivation to train to become a child psychologist, so I had finally found my purpose. I believe that everyone has some purpose, even if they're unaware of it.

Comment

I'm not aware of mine yet
        "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyKing
          My mission is to attain my ultimate saucy potential.
          That's interesting because I always thought that my mission was to find the one special person to whom I would instill the necessary ability to attain the ultimate saucy potential...
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

to spread my seed
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I daydream about saving the world from alien invaders, then I get on and play subspace. On a serious note, I plan on majoring in journalism and would like to achieve greatness there, but as to whether or not I accomplish this depends largely on luck (or fate if you don't believe in luck) and self-will.
              True quote from forums:
              Originally posted by Erathia
              and I agree with Abatis.
              True quote from ?go base:
              Spamon Xa> Abatis isn't bad

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                That's interesting because I always thought that my mission was to find the one special person to whom I would instill the necessary ability to attain the ultimate saucy potential...
                WONDER TWIN POWERRRRS

ACTIVATE! :fear:

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

To spread Ilya's seed
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I'd like achieve renown as a theoretical physicist.

We can leave God out of that one, though.
                    FREE MANDELA

Comment

I have a dream of becoming the next Rocket Boy.
                      Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
                      Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                      Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
                      Catgirl> rofl
                      Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
                      fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
                      fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                      Kim> loool
                      fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

Yes, I do think I have a higher purpose. Although it might be a be condescending to put it that way, I guess you could say that I think I know what I was meant to do on this planet; which is to help people connect and reach their full potential.

I've found out in recent years that I like getting people on the same level with each other, getting a good vibe gooing, making one person feel connected to another. Ontop of this I've found out that by doing my best and reaching out, being open with people leads to others trying their hardest, and truly starting to hit their full potential. Just saying that I want to be a leader doesn't make sense, because it offers no hint of direction and we all know that leaders without direction are not really leaders after all.

I don't want fame, I don't want the attention of a thousand people while on stage, I don't want millions - I want those specific moments that we all hold dear, and I want to help create, help spread them and pass them on. You know which moments I'm talking about-

-A moment in time where you are having fun with your buddies, not a care in the world and everyone of you is laughing

-The feeling you get after seeing something you've put your blood,sweat, tears and hours of hard work into finally accomplish what you wanted it to

-The feeling of doing something you didn't think you could do, and recognizing that you can do so much more

-A sense of closeness you feel when around certain others, the type of bond that you think can only come from years of interaction

-That exhilirating goal that makes everyone explode in joy

-Hell that pure moment of pure bliss itself

It sounds odd, but I'm an odd guy. I want to help as much as I can before I'm done here. No I'm not going to be a cop or a fireman, but I think that people like me are needed outside of jobs like those just to show others that good things and kind people come from all shapes, sizes and walks of life.
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                          Have you ever (or still have) a sense that you are destined for "some great purpose"?

Throughout our time, we have read about great individuals that had felt they were destined for greatness, or were acting on behalf of God to fulfill a great destiny.

I was wondering if you have felt this way, or still do? What is your purpose? Do you think that it's possible that you could ever eclipse your purpose, thus rendering the rest of your life meaningless? This is a broad topic, touching on the philosophical debate of Free Will vs. Determinism. However, it's different in the sense that it is applied to the individual, as to give us a point of reference, as well as keep such a broad topic from being nothing more than an abstract philosophical debate.

Any takers?

And to answer the second part, I don't think you should see the whole" eclipsing your purpose" as rendering your life meaningless. That's just a negative way of thinking and putting things, and it won't get you anywhere. Instead it would be better to see it as anything you do after accomplishing your goal as a bonus.

On the subject of free will, yes I think we have free will but that doesn't get in the way of having a higher purpose. Free will comes in deciding whether we want to achieve that goal, to do what we were meant to do or choose not to. I'm ignorant to Determinism and the whole theory with that, but I do believe that if you want something bad enough, or if you want a goal badly, you will do whatever is necessary to achieve it.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

i think my purpose in life is to point out to people how hypocritical they are, cause i am pretty good at that. the only problem is that i think it would be hypocritical to do so, so i am kind of between a rock and a hard place. im working on it though.
                            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                            apt>yes u can wtf
                            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                            apt>na
                            apt>ill show you pictures
                            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyKing
                              WONDER TWIN POWERRRRS

ACTIVATE! :fear:
                              I have no idea what that means, but that's not the proper way to attain the ultimate saucy potential SaucyKing-san.
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X