new special public arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new special public arena

i have had a idea that there should be a special public arena that allows the room to be bigger than public games because in my experience the public are not very fun or intense unless both teams are full so my idea is that this special room should have space for alot bigger teams and it should be a contant game not one that is hosted occasialy,also the staff could use this room to test new map and ship idea instead of taking over all the public rooms for a few days, please would people comment on my idea as i would be very interested in what normal player think and also what the staff think because it would be them that would make this arena if they liked the idea.
    its all to much for shas
    Originally posted by Shas'la T'au Kais
    but the game is too hard for me

Well the point of testing new ships and stuff is so the general public can try it and see what it's like. If it's in a different arena where only the people that know about it will go try it, that's not exactly the general public.

And if games in pubs aren't intense enough for you, ?go base.
    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
    1:Chao <ER>> at all
    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I'm telling you this right now, and for future "change a pub for this" threads...

.... I know nobody will read this and listen to it but here goes...

You cannot have a public arena be ..

Map X - Public 1
      Map Y - Public 5
      Map Z - Public 22

... so in closing, you cannot change the settings of 1 public arena (Ie: population limits, ship changes, map attributes) without changing all the public arenas at once. Think of it like a ?go base, but just copy and pasted as the TW server population grows and the Public population grows.
      DELETED

Comment

i knew that i meant it to be just a normal room thats pretend to be a public lol like nameing it (public special) or something like that, anyways i dont want to argue about little things like that i want to know what you think about making a constant room similar to the publics and if it would catch on or not
        its all to much for shas

Comment

If you type ?go lksndflskdnf how many people can that hold?

Comment

87, 89 if you put 2 in the boot.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
              87, 89 if you put 2 in the boot.
              lol do you think it is a good idea ewan?
              its all to much for shas

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                I'm telling you this right now, and for future "change a pub for this" threads...

.... I know nobody will read this and listen to it but here goes...

You cannot have a public arena be ..

Map X - Public 1
                Map Y - Public 5
                Map Z - Public 22

... so in closing, you cannot change the settings of 1 public arena (Ie: population limits, ship changes, map attributes) without changing all the public arenas at once. Think of it like a ?go base, but just copy and pasted as the TW server population grows and the Public population grows.

you can have map Y and map Z and 5 and 22 as sub-arenas and maybe make it so it sometimes dumps you into those sub-arenas along with regular pubs when you log in.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                  And if games in pubs aren't intense enough for you, ?go base.
                  the most intense games, such as pure pub, are boring and pointless. keep reattaching and fireing all over the fuckin place and keep dieing every 5 seconds. ooo how fun. NO. the most fun is somewhere inbetween intense basing and very empty basing. also when there is a pub that has only 10 people and all are basing, it at times makes for very nice low population games, everyones into the game more, levis get inside more, people dont get spawned, stuff like that.

pure pub seems as stupid and boring as the WBs who just keep firing at field levis over and over and try to kill field levis ASAP. looks like people dont have a functioning brain or are a bot or something, how much more boring can you be. personally i couldnt imagine just shooting at levis over and over ASAP, id be tempted to mess with them play mind games with them and stuff. as for intense basing, its as about as fun as extreme games. i like a little room to actually do more things besides attach, fire like hell, and die.

Comment

Jesus it's fun to watch the dichotomy of Tone's "I'm super smart and awesome because I can paste articles" posts, and then read the stuff he writes himself.

Originally posted by Tone
                    the most intense games, such as pure pub, are boring and pointless.
                    That quote needs to last through the ages somehow.
                    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

levis get inside more
                      Explain to me how this is beneficial to basing in any way, shape or form.
                      pure pub seems as stupid and boring as the WBs who just keep firing at field levis over and over and try to kill field levis ASAP. looks like people dont have a functioning brain or are a bot or something, how much more boring can you be.
                      Try this:
                      • Let those levis off the hook long enough for them to get into the flagroom.
                      • Once they're stationed in the flagroom, try coordinating a team full of players that has little to no clue how to base and get them to understand what they need to do to get into the flagroom.
                      • Do all this with L3 bombs raining down on your ass like white on rice.

Boredom erased and substituted by chaotic idiocy, a la Extreme Games. You must be braindead to compare pure TW basing to anything in EG. TW is a lot more relaxed and slow-paced, and is therefore a lot more fun for those of us who don't care for ships that can launch five L3 bombs per second. If you don't like the way TW is, pack your bags and go to EG so we can play in peace. Stop trying to mold TW into some kind of idealist's paradise. This kind of crap is what's really hurting the zone. Staff killed the weasel because it was too strong, and I agreed with that to an extent. Staff then killed the jav because most of its pilots just suck. Rather than coming up with a real solution, they threw a placebo at the whiners by punishing ALL jav players. This in turn made the weasel problem ten times worse. Before, they were overpowered and too easy to use, but they weren't really a nuisance. Now they're just ridiculous. Getting back to the basics of what made this zone popular and enjoyable should be a higher priority than making these knee-jerk reactions that completely screw everything up.

Bring the fat weasels back, give javs their X-Radar back, and implement some kind of system like Suzie suggested to keep the jav infestation under control. Rather than maintain a count of TK's, perhaps it could monitor the ratio of enemy kills to TK's over a period of time or something. I don't like the idea of automating something like that, but asking staff to do it manually would be ridiculous so I'll manage. Save the experiments for another arena and give us back our basing.
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

you can have map Y and map Z and 5 and 22 as sub-arenas and maybe make it so it sometimes dumps you into those sub-arenas along with regular pubs when you log in.
                        We can't do that.

It would be a waste of time making a sub arena for showing off new things for TW's publics. For one there's no coordination between TW Dev-lower Staff and the Sysops to do it, people working on it don't have sysop level access to test things on TW (find TWDev Zone) and having every little idea fought over and complained about by players would slow this kind of work down to nothing.
                        Last edited by Kolar; 04-08-2005, 07:55 AM.

Comment

damn bureacrats.
                          Probably the only reason timedpubs have gone ahead is because someone high up decided to do it, didn't tell anyone but a select few, and implemented it.
                          Conclusion:
                          A dictatorship gets things done faster than a Bureacracy, and often faster than a democracy too.
                          As great as it is to feel important and wanted in this 2D spaceship game of ours, none of us really matter.

EDIT: Except those who do.

Originally posted by Disliked
                          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

levis get inside more, people dont get spawned, stuff like that.
                            You're retarded. I can't believe staff ever listened to you. STAFF: This is the moron whose advice you took about the weasel. Reflect on this for a moment. Now change pubs back to big weasel. Thanks.

pure pub seems as stupid and boring as the WBs who just keep firing at field levis over and over and try to kill field levis ASAP.
                            Pure Pub has a bot that won't allow anyone to be a levi. I'll assume you don't pub much, or you would know that. If I am right, then you should be banned for posting so much about pubs.

id be tempted to mess with them play mind games with them and stuff.
                            The flaw in this idea is that you're retarded. That means that if you were ever involved in a mind game, you didn't actually know it was going on at the time.

as for intense basing, its as about as fun as extreme games. i like a little room to actually do more things besides attach, fire like hell, and die.
                            Maybe it's time you learned to spider and kill other ships. Practice a ship you stupid son of a bitch before you come on here and post about how this game is too hard for you.
                            3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                            3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                            MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Nevermind Tone, or anythine he has to say, I've never seen him in any other ship than a leviathan, or a terrier shuttling a leviathan, (unless it's a terr trying to kill X, so he can shuttle leviathans).
                              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X