Can't connect to Continuum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to Continuum.

I have a HP Pavilion comp with a 500 Mhz Intel Celeron processor, 13GB hard drive, 64 MB of memory, and running Win98se. I use a 56K to connect to the internet.
    I've just recently replaced my Hard Drive and I guess that's when it happened. When I try to connect to a zone...well I can't. All the zones are marked red. And when I try to download new zones, this message appears:

"Unable to retrieve new zone settings. Make sure you are using one or more valid directory server addresses (example: sscentral.subspace.net). Also, make sure you are currently connected to the internet."

1.) I am connected to the internet.
    2.) I have no firewall that I know of.
    3.) I have no virus checker (well, one that's outdated and I don't bother to upgrade 'cause it sucks and I can't afford a better one.) so a virus might be the problem.
    4.) I need H-e-l-p.

TY if you can help, same if you can't.

Hmm .. what did you do when you "added a hard drive"?

1) Reinstall the system?
    2) Copy the system onto the new hard drive?
    3) Just add a second hard drive?
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Not to sound smart or anything but I didn't say that I
      "added a hard drive"
      I replaced it (Well the technicians that I called replaced it). My old HD had a problem that couldn't be remedied. And yes, I had to reinstall the OS since I didn't backup anything on my old HD (dumb of me but I had nothing terribly important to back up anyways).

Comment

Working...
      X