Style of Dueling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style of Dueling

Alright, there's been talk recently about the type of dueling going on in TWL. For this league, I would like to give people the oppritunity to choose the style of play. So please, choose one of the following, state your opinion, and discuss the pro's and cons of these two dueling options:

1.) The current style of 10 death's and your out dueling

2.) Much like the basing style, 1 team of 5 would have to get 50 kills in order for the game to end. The first team to get 50 kills would win the game.
    Race Dueling
    26.03%
    Regular Dueling
    73.97%
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

I think the new way of playing would be awesome. If you got one of your teamates sucking it up...they cant get out so they will just bring down more. Great way to show whos consistant and whos not. Good idea vehicle.
    3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

Some players don't even have to shoot the whole game and just ride on their teammates' kills to win if they know they'll be burden for their team. THe game wouldn't be as exciting anymore, and the hunting aspect of the game is removed.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.
      . â–²
      ▲ ▲

Comment

10 deaths. its faster, more intense and you rely on your team mates more.
        audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
        DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
        Azreal> LOloL
        cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

50 kill race, I'd like to try it and see how it goes.
          DELETED

Comment

I'd rather have you test it thoroughly before implementing it in a tournament.
            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
            3 league vet

Comment

use the tournament as the test
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                I'd rather have you test it thoroughly before implementing it in a tournament.
                Agreed
                TWLD Champion 2014
                TWDTB Champion 2013
                TWDTB Champion 2016
                TWDTB Champion 2017
                TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I'd go with the 50 kills, probably because it's different. But it needs testing...

Comment

Race to 50 kills is an interesting idea. The loss of the "10 deaths and out" has the two consequences:
                    • Sucky players no longer have a maximum of 10 lives they can throw away, i.e. they could go 0-20 and really hurt the team. You won't want any filler-players in your lineup.

• A good player will be able to carry on playing even after dying 10 times. An extreme example would be:
                      A team has 1 good player, and 4 sucky players. Those 4 sucky players could hide the whole game effectively giving that 1 good player 50 lives.

Comment

50 kills would promote team rushing all the time, not sure if that's bad or good. Either way, I like the old system, it requires more from the player and is more exciting.

Comment

It will never be tested if it is not implemented in a tournament. It would be a nice way to play. Let's bring back the point race in base then.

Comment

Yeah this 50 kill race would be new and maybe cool in a few ways but lag rushing and suiciding could kill much of the teaming aspect of the game. And I hope we all know by now that it's not rushing that wins titles but teaming and lots of radaring. I'm not saying it's a bad idea just giving some cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor
                            50 kills would promote team rushing all the time, not sure if that's bad or good. Either way, I like the old system, it requires more from the player and is more exciting.
                            I don't see how it would promote team rushing all the time and how the old system requires more from the player, and is more exciting. That's 3 points I'd like you to explain pls :grin:

Comment

maybe i could get TWbeta members to test TWDT..pm me in the game vehicle! and ill give u the chat.
                              -Hazuki
                              TWLD Champion 2014
                              TWDTB Champion 2013
                              TWDTB Champion 2016
                              TWDTB Champion 2017
                              TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                              -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Working...
                              X