My Sound Is Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sound Is Broken

My computer is a piece of shit and I've been getting MMSYSTEM002 errors like a mofo. I've been to the website to try and fix it like it says to, but since I have WinXP I have homosexual wizards to guide me through things. I've reinstalled Windows, and every time it says it's found the sound card, it says there was trouble installing it so it doesn't work. If anyone knows how to potentially fix this (please do), I can provide more info as needed, right now I'm a little out of it. I'd prefer to not reformat if at all possible, thx.
    Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Hook us up with hardware specs g funk money dogg cat other household pet
    sage

Comment

I've got onboard sound of some sort, CrystalFusion seems to be the name of whoever made it.

I tell WinXP to run the new hardware wizard, and that goddamn little word balloon pops up and it says "New Hardware Found: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer." This could be entirely different. Then it says "A problem occured during hardware installation, your new hardware might not work properly." I think we had this problem before and someone called tech support to fix it, but it costs like $3498398338 and I don't think I'll be doing that.

Is there any way to make XP not run wizards? As a side note kind of thing. Or does it expect everyone to want to be stupid?

Don't make fun of me for my asstastic computer, I am getting a new one with proper sound and video (more than 4MB, imagine that shit) and a hard drive bigger than 8 gigabytes and a proper processor that runs at more than 467 Mhz. :/

Speaking of, does anyone know what a good motherboard with LAN port dealies is? I'm trying to spend less than $60 on it, shopping at newegg.com, so if you have any suggestions... Yeah.
      Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

If you have a disk that came with the card I suggest you plop that sucker in and try to find a program on it to run instead of one of XP's wizards.
        If you dont have a disk for the card then try running the wizard with your XP disk in.
        sage

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedandy
          I've got onboard sound of some sort, CrystalFusion seems to be the name of whoever made it.

I tell WinXP to run the new hardware wizard, and that goddamn little word balloon pops up and it says "New Hardware Found: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer." This could be entirely different. Then it says "A problem occured during hardware installation, your new hardware might not work properly." I think we had this problem before and someone called tech support to fix it, but it costs like $3498398338 and I don't think I'll be doing that.

Is there any way to make XP not run wizards? As a side note kind of thing. Or does it expect everyone to want to be stupid?

Don't make fun of me for my asstastic computer, I am getting a new one with proper sound and video (more than 4MB, imagine that shit) and a hard drive bigger than 8 gigabytes and a proper processor that runs at more than 467 Mhz. :/

Speaking of, does anyone know what a good motherboard with LAN port dealies is? I'm trying to spend less than $60 on it, shopping at newegg.com, so if you have any suggestions... Yeah.

www.cyberpowerinc.com

Comment

HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT COLORS JUST LIKE IMACS WOW COMPUTERS ARE COOL!

I was thinking about getting a blueish brushed aluminum-look case, like from frozencpu, but they're so fucking expensive. I'm trying to build a good box for about $600, a little over is okay but yeah.

Anyway, here's the specs I'm looking at right now:

Samsung CDRW 32x10x40x12 COMBO IDE drive
            Thermaltake VOLCANO 9 CoolMod
            WESTERN DIGITAL EIDE HARD DRIVE 80GB 7200RPM
            CRUCIAL MICRON 256MB 32x64 PC 2100 DDR RAM
            Athlon XP 1600+/ 1.40GHz
            Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Dolby Digital 5.1
            ATI RADEON 9000 PRO 128MB

That's all copy-pasted shit from newegg. Motherboard search continues.

I'll try your suggestions, Creags, thanks.

Comment

I found the recover disc that came with my computer. I'm currently trying to uninstall the audio drivers so I can reinstall them, but the program keeps going "not responding" on me. :/ Sooo, seems I can't uninstall the old drivers via the CD because it keeps crashing. I'll try other things - I'll keep you all updated while raising my postcount! Who can lose?!

Comment

Using the XP disc didn't work either. Nothing my puny mind can come up with works. Agggh. :/ I might have to call tech support once my parents come home. If you've got any more ideas I'd love to hear them, but if not I appreciate your help a whole bunch@!!!

Comment

Athlon XP 1600+/ 1.40GHz

...why?

Comment

CAS: [BLUE] MEDIUM 10-BAY 350WATT ATX CASE w/ See Through Window [+49]
                    CASUPGRADE: ---Optional----
                    CD: SONY 52X CD-ROM [+ 27]
                    CDRW: ---Optional----
                    CPU: New!!! AMD ATHLON XP-2200+ [1.8 GHZ QuantiSpeed] PROCESSOR [+165]
                    FAN: AMD CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS [+9]
                    FLOPPY: MITSUMI 1.44 MB FLOPPY DR [+ 10]
                    Gaming1: NONE
                    Gaming2: NONE
                    Gaming3: NONE
                    Gaming4: NONE
                    Gaming5: NONE
                    HDD: Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM ATA 100 8MB Special Editon [+119]
                    HDD2: ---Optional---
                    KEYBOARD: ---Optional----
                    MEMORY: 256 MB PC400 PC3200 DDR MEMORY (REQUIRES KT400 MB) [+83]
                    MEMORYUPGRADE: ---Optional---
                    MODEM: ---Optional----
                    MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte 7VAX-P VIA KT-400 MB W/ US.B 2.0, RAID, AUDIO,LAN,1394 & 8X AGP [+139]
                    MOUSE: ---Optional----
                    NETWORK: ---Optional----
                    RAID: ----- OPTIONAL REQUIRES (2) IDENTICAL HARD DRIVES-----
                    RUSH: NO; SHIP OUT IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
                    SERVICE: STANDARD 3-YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY INCLUDED
                    SOFT1: ---Optional----
                    SOFT2: ---Optional----
                    SOUND: AC97 SOUND CARD ON BOARD
                    SPEAKERS: ---Optional----
                    SUPER_PAK: ---Optional----
                    Subtotal1: (+800.00)
                    Subtotal2: 800.00
                    TEMP: ----- OPTIONAL [as shown] -----
                    VIDEO: nVidia Geforce-4 TI4400 128MB DDR w/ TV Out & DVI [+199]
                    WIRELESSCARD: ---Optional----
                    WIRELESSPOINT: ---Optional----
                    ZIP: ---Optional----

Comment

Fixed now, btw. Took Random to CompUSA and had them put in a new hard drive and fix Windows (my parents don't believe in doing things yourself) and now everything's just dandy, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedandy
                        ATI RADEON 9000 PRO 128MB
                        I WANT
                        Originally posted by Diakka
                        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

I might have to live with a 64MB GeForce 4 if I shop from CyberPower Inc., which I would do only for the warranty.

Comment

geforce mx440?

Comment

You, bluedandy, are a good example of a person who doesnt know a computer from the hole in the ground, yet still follows computer trends.
                              The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                              -Dys

Comment

Working...
                              X