New PubBot's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PubBot's

Man, these things take the fun out of playing levi....

For anyone unfamiliar, each time you TK you get a more and more angry auto-warning from the bot. After enough TKs, it switches you to a warbird.

Things it does that it shouldn't:
    gets mad(der) about kills due to mines exploding near enemies.
    gets mad(der) about kills due to long sniper shots at base entrance in the quest to get to 20 bounty.
    keeps a running count of TK's... reguardless of if you died or went into spec
    actually switches your ship after enough TK's... can't it just send a warning to moderators?

needless to say, I'm not the only 1 whose gripped about this. People on my freq have too. This new bot basically takes all fun out of being a levi. Sure you can go private and LT, but I'm not 1 for LTing, I think its lame. I like to fly or attach into base and goto work on the people trying to get in from the ears. Sure I TK occasionally, it happens and is part of the game. People I'm playing with realize "maybe I shouldn't sit where the levi is aiming at when defending base"

Can we please change this, at least to just sending a warning to moderators? Perhaps its only active in 1-2 arenas, like the anti-levi laws on the first 2 pubs already implemented? This new bot sure takes the fun out of being a levi, and if people are that pissed off by them, there are 2 pubs for them. The 2nd never seems to be at 35.

Originally posted by drjibbajabba
    People I'm playing with realize "god, this kid is stupid, he's trying to use a levi as a basing ship"
    Fixed.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Pure got it.

The bot does send a warning to Mods, simple solution: Don't team kill and or goto a private freq. It's easy to use your radar to estimate the blast radius, collateral damage is no longer an option and if you're team killing enough to get flagged and ship changed then you really should be in a warbird.
      Last edited by Kolar; 05-08-2005, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I think it's fantastic that you fat bastards are going to be held more accountable for where you point and shoot. Whether you TK from long range or not is irrelevant, it's still TKing and the bot will tell you so over and over until it decides it's time for a moderator to step in and bust your chops.
        Now you'll just have to green the old fashioned way by hightailing it to the nearest safe and buy repels to 20.

(Though on a side note I'm sure you'll get enough backing from the lev playing population to warrant a settings change to prevent such mass TKing and make it a more versatile ship, while retaining it's status as a bomber. Fingers crossed, but don't quote me on it.)

Comment

This new bot basically takes all fun out of being a levi.
          Meaning you can't blindly shoot and hope for a 3fer or above?

Comment

Owned newbies.

Comment

For anyone unfamiliar, each time you TK you get a more and more angry auto-warning from the bot. After enough TKs, it switches you to a warbird.

Things it does that it shouldn't:
              gets mad(der) about kills due to mines exploding near enemies.
              gets mad(der) about kills due to long sniper shots at base entrance in the quest to get to 20 bounty.
              keeps a running count of TK's... reguardless of if you died or went into spec
              actually switches your ship after enough TK's... can't it just send a warning to moderators?

needless to say, I'm not the only 1 whose gripped about this. People on my freq have too. This new bot basically takes all fun out of being a levi. Sure you can go private and LT, but I'm not 1 for LTing, I think its lame. I like to fly or attach into base and goto work on the people trying to get in from the ears. Sure I TK occasionally, it happens and is part of the game. People I'm playing with realize "maybe I shouldn't sit where the levi is aiming at when defending base"

Can we please change this, at least to just sending a warning to moderators? Perhaps its only active in 1-2 arenas, like the anti-levi laws on the first 2 pubs already implemented? This new bot sure takes the fun out of being a levi, and if people are that pissed off by them, there are 2 pubs for them. The 2nd never seems to be at 35.
              whine more kthx bye.
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I played Pub yesterday and was the only person willing to shark. We owned the flag room from the first minute. I was placing mines very low in the entrance, but several of my javs kept dying when these mines were repped. With just a minute or two left, I was change into a WB for 'tking'.

Base was lost, no one else on my frequency would shark, other frequency came back and won.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Comment

I'm the leading whiner?

Originally posted by Edify
                  whine more kthx bye.
                  I'm not the 1 whose been whining 1200 times over the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                    I played Pub yesterday and was the only person willing to shark. We owned the flag room from the first minute. I was placing mines very low in the entrance, but several of my javs kept dying when these mines were repped. With just a minute or two left, I was change into a WB for 'tking'.

Base was lost, no one else on my frequency would shark, other frequency came back and won.

It's supposedly harder for sharks to get setshipped. You must have had an awful lot of stupid javs on your team who just couldn't stay clear, in which case you can't blame yourself for loss of flag. One shark doesn't hold alone, it's a team effort. If they weren't so self absorbed with raking in kills there wouldn't have been a problem. But unfortunately that's the reality of pubs, it lacks the cooperation normally found in base and is more "I'm the best jav ever. Every blue dot on the radar is my kill to make, and if you get in the way it's your own fault."
                    Though, those javs too will now get theirs, so there's your plus already.

Comment

If you are gonna lev, go on a private LT freq. It'll save you and us some time. We should work on giving sharks immunity to this bot, though. Teamkills are a given when sharking is involved.
                      DELETED

Comment

First I thought of doing simple "wtf is this thread?", but oh well, let's do it properly...

Let's some analyzation of this sentence. You say "these things take fun out of playing levi". By "these things" you refer to the bots that don't allow teamkilling. You didn't say "these bots make it impossible to play levi, because you always have some teamkills". (which is a lie, also) But you insisted on saying "take the fun out". So with "fun" you must refer to teamkilling, because that's what the bots prevent. You can't teamkill anymore, so leving isn't fun.

Bots are working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral

No that's not how it's supposed to work. (just fyi)

I'd vote for immunity for sharks. Teamkillers play lev and jav. Very high tolerance wouldn't help that much either, if the shark wants to teamkill, it's usually bombs and not that many people at a time. And if shark bombs team members, it can't be seen as an accident so old teamkiller reports work pretty well.

Comment

I'm not the 1 whose been whining 1200 times over the past 2 years.
                            ....?

u stalker. :fear:
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

It shouldnt count TKs of sharks. It's hard enough to kill people in a shark and even harder to TK, unless your stupid...

Comment

Working...
                              X