• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Format

As far as playoffs are concerned this is the format I was thinking:

- All duels are to 20
    - All duels are win by 2
    - Both players are warped 2-3 seconds after a kill is made, and both are given negative energy greens. (warped to corners), delayed warps to see if a double kill was made
    - double kills do not count

Opinions?
    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Pro. Its good
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

it's probably best to not release this information:

how many people make the playoffs...this way people and their friends won't be able to feed each other to try to squeeze themselves in at the last minute.

i recommend saying nothing for the integrity of the league
      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

eh if I was playing in this I'd still rather know how many people make it, even if it's exploited somewhat. Duels to 20 seems excessive, even for playoffs. Maybe 15 if you really want to make them extra long.

Comment

Yeah 20 is a little to much. Maybe 15 ?
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
            - Both players are warped 2-3 seconds after a kill is made, and both are given negative energy greens. (warped to corners), delayed warps to see if a double kill was made

That rule should be used always, so many "spawners" there.
            For example: if someone kills me, he starts to hunt me as soon as i spawn , he has full nrg so i dont have a any other options than run away. Its pretty frustrating when its close game, its like free kill.
            -Kawrae

Comment

Originally posted by Kawrae
              That rule should be used always, so many "spawners" there.
              For example: if someone kills me, he starts to hunt me as soon as i spawn , he has full nrg so i dont have a any other options than run away. Its pretty frustrating when its close game, its like free kill.
              but i thought it tells you not to spawn? i was looking at stats on the twel site, and it showed javs with the most spawns. hahaha probably due to the easy access of bullets.

those rules seem good!
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Playoff format:

The playoffs will be a double elimination tournament consisting of roughly 2.5% of ranked players rounded down to the nearest power of two (unless it is very close to a higer power of two.)

(# of ranked players in league) * 0.025 -> look at powers of 2 table, round down to nearest power

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024

If we were to start the playoffs right now we'd be looking at:

Warbird (990 Ranked) -> 16 player tourny
                Javelin (669 Ranked) -> 16 player tourny
                Spider (306 Ranked) -> 8 player tourny (would round up to 8 instead of 4 as it comes out to 7.65)

Based off past TWEL seasons I'd estimate 128 player tournies for wb/jav and probably 32 or 64 for spider, but if attendence is really high it could be more.

Of important notice is I'm thinking of disallowing anyone that has been inactive for a period time from being on the ranked list or being able to get into the playoffs. (Will post more later, we have a lot of time to implement that.)

And lastly I'm thinking of keeping the actual end date of TWEL private, and closing it within a 3-7 day timespan I specify.

I'll post more on all this later, and as more time passes.

------------------------

I don't really feel for anyone who encounters what they believe is spawn trouble. Really if that was a problem for you why don't you turn on warping and not play anyone unless they have it on? I know it isn't 100% perfect, but it really would eliminate most of it. Something I'm considering changing for TWEL is that warping would warp both players to their corners (like tourny.)
                TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Aahh nevermind, that tournament in the end will take away everyone who avoids a good challenge in the middle of the season.

One question. How will you catch people who has more than one alias? It wont be good if the top 64 would be only about 50 players, rest aliasers.
                  Last edited by Jones; 05-16-2005, 04:16 AM.
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Seems good

Seems good to me. leaves no chance for cheating and spawning. the 20 kill thing, u might wanna split that up into best out of 3 games to 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X