Spawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning

It's a pretty annoying issue that i thought i might bring up that's been annoying a lot of people lately, people such as roiwerk and animol spawning in the duels.
    This doesn't apply so much to the warbird because it's much easier to dodge a wb shot.. But in jav and spider duels it's a pretty big issue

Originally i thought that with warp on, spawning would be eliminated, but i found that especially in javs, 50% of the time you dont get warped far enough away from your opponent to stop them from being able to take advantage of your low energy.

I guess i should add my 2 cents on how to fix this... i thought that there could be some changes made such as when it warps.. it would warp "both" players and either:
    1. Prize them energy deplete
    2. Prize them full energy

Umm any thoughts on this? <_<
    STARKITTY
    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

i thought u get warned for spawning, and if u spawn 2 or 3 times u forfeit.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Nice spawn idea evven though I've never fallen victim to it in TWEL

However on a similiar note, how about a message when your opponent returns from lagout?

EDIT: lol I was just in a jav duel(NC), we both shot a bomb at roughly the same time, his killed me first so he got a kill point then I killed him, what should have happened was his point should have been taken away as it was a double kill....but nope! I was warned for spawning and he kept the kill.
      Last edited by Superted; 05-15-2005, 11:08 AM.

Comment

oooh yea ppl like dchao like to spawn in spider and its annoying as hell.

warping both players to the corners perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by NL>TERMINATOR
          oooh yea ppl like dchao like to spawn in spider and its annoying as hell.

warping both players to the corners perhaps?
          I'm just going to program in a new rule and see what 2d thinks, negative energy to both players after a kill is made. 2d is probably about to kill me because of all these updates that require website work that he has to do :P
          Ban Ikrit

Comment

Warping both players to opposite sides would be the easiest/best.

With just negative energy prizing it still allows people to get a positional advantage on the guy before either can defend themselves. In spiders lots of times I see people force you into a corner then start shooting in a few seconds.

It can force alot of nc's that are just a waste of time really, and for those of us who don't like the idea of nc's in the first place it forces you to use it in your rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Savageee
              Warping both players to opposite sides would be the easiest/best.

With just negative energy prizing it still allows people to get a positional advantage on the guy before either can defend themselves. In spiders lots of times I see people force you into a corner then start shooting in a few seconds.

It can force alot of nc's that are just a waste of time really, and for those of us who don't like the idea of nc's in the first place it forces you to use it in your rules.
              I added a rule so that you can either have the thing prize both players negative energy, or full energy. Takes away the spawning problem if used properly, full charge in spider dueling would remove the problem just about completely and negative energy in wb and jav would have about the same effect as the positive in spider.
              Ban Ikrit

Comment

Man what I really would want is an option which would force both players to shoot a warning shot after someone has been killed, I'm usually waiting too long (bad habit) and usually get myself killed because I'm pretty vulnerable when I'm waiting for the enemy to recharge only to watch him shoot me. Heh.
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Warping both to the corners (or away from eachother) would be the solution. Depleating energy would not correct the problem...as if one manages to bullet the other - BOOM !
                  WiL> How do i fire?
                  jM> Esc + q
                  WiL left arena
                  jM> ROFL
                  Nr.4> hahaha
                  Perunalinko > LOLOL

Joe> shut the fuck up nerd

Comment

Warping both to the corner would be nice... by the way we shouldn't be able to disable warp on death... so that we don't get caught on surprise since not everyone reads the rules...
                    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Spawning is part of the deal, dont like it maybe you should play games in real life wher dying is dying :P

If i can deal with not being spawned im sure everyone can, considering the poor level of my dodge! :grin:
                      :whistling

Comment

This stupid kid named nuran keeps spawning. ban him :fear:
                        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                        4:Geio> DEEZ?
                        4:Geio> LOLOL
                        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                        4:spirit> LOL
                        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

stop being bitches and don't die in the first place then you cant get spawned :fear:
                          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

warping the players is ok,but......if u warp the players too fast, one of them can have luck and warp before he get hit from the bullet that was going on his direction!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mega Newbie
                              warping the players is ok,but......if u warp the players too fast, one of them can have luck and warp before he get hit from the bullet that was going on his direction!!

they can hit me hell lucky.
                              and then the duelbot gonna shiznits em with a spawn warning which make me vicotorian over them MAUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAGAGAGAGAHAAHAHHAHA.

Comment

Working...
                              X