Post-draft feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-draft feelings

Allrightey, so the draft is finally over (uh oh), with only minor complications slowing it down a bit from it's normal, lightning fast tempo. Now afterwards I thought I'd review the other teams for general entertainment purposes. You aren't by any means obliged to read through this stuff, because reading my rantings is quite a tedious process. Especially when I come up with all these cool sentences that make absolutely no sense. Whatever. :P

Shit - Disqualifier

Got the one I would've picked first, damn. Looks like Disqualifier picked an all-round team, could go far in all divisions, but on the other hand, could really suck in all of them, too.
    Keys in the quest to victory: Raspi, Weaver, Royst.

TWDTD
    - These guys look strong, but their material is really narrow. I pretty much see only Jack, Raspi and Weaver in the list, of course guys like Connection are really good fillers. Let's just hope/fear their warbirds will actually show up, because it'll be dire times indeed if all 3/4 come!

TWDTJ - The playerbase looks a lot better in terms of sheer volume, compared to TWDTD. Raples, Sky and Strike make for a very Sk8-ish javline, add in Rogue and you've got yourself 4. Disq probably has to play himself as a fifth here, Acumo and Raspi are valid choices too.

TWDTB - This is a pretty tough one to judge. They have a lot of decent-to-good ?go basers, but will they be good enough in the endgame? Another point is: Will Kawrae & Spikey get along with Sumpson? If they do get along they're a good core to build the basing lineup on. Raspi, Royst and Weaver will be important to ensure success in basing for them (especially Royst, since he's by far the best shark they've got). Kawrae will have to terr really well, choking will hurt these guys bad.

Thunder - Underground

In my not-so-humble opinion, if Underground had picked one more top notch shark, these guys would've been one of my favourites in TWDTB. They're still a force though, especially with brookus. Many good wbs and javs too, but that's only enough for half a lineup, many TWL squad second stringers here.
    Keys in the quest to victory: brookus, Ease, Foxes (if this guy is Foxy), steak666, vigilanty.

TWDTD
    - Their starting lineup looks pretty neat. Ease, Foxes, Skeleton and Vigilanty sound really tough on paper, hell, even BossHawk could probably perform while playing with these guys. I don't recommend having BossHawk start though, with Anzu, K A N E and Spriggan on the bench.

TWDTJ - Two big gambles here, Amputate and exquisite. Amputate probably won't show up, and exquisite is even more inconsistent than I am. Whatever, they've still got a sweet lineup of Ease, ronaldo and steak666. Many of their players, such as fizzy, Vehicle and vigilanty, play jav as a secondary ship, definately a plus.

TWDTB - brookus. If brookus plays, these guys shine. If he doesn't play these guys are in serious need of polishing. BossHawk might be good in terr on a really good day, but I don't see him carrying his team to victory. A few very potent spiders: Ease, Holydude, Paska and vigilanty. The sharks are their problem, AnZu and fizzy should handle the job nicely, but probably not nicely enough. Time will show.

Pootie Tang - Tsunami

This team looks pretty strong in every aspect. They have top 5 players for pretty much every ship. These guys will go far in every division.
    Keys in the quest to victory: Colonel, Necromotic, Rough, shayde.

TWDTD
    - Abstruct, Audit, Colonel, Hercules and Kid Kaos are all very good warbirds. And that's pretty much everything. The rest doesn't really even play warbird at all. Tsunami will really have to hope these guys all show up. If they do though, these guys might win the whole thing.

TWDTJ - Abstruct, Hercules, merce, Necromotic, qyll, Rocket Soldier, Rough, Treachery. It's easy to see what this guy concentrated on. Add in Tsunami himself and that's a shitload of great javs. This jav team has the depth it needs to win. Wouldn't be surprised if they won it.

TWDTB - If Necromotic terrs and is able to stay within laglimits, this team is fine. If not, this team will be in serious trouble. Bahamut (is this guy retired?), shayde and suede are all good candidates for shark, nothing fancy, but works. Eke and mikes should carry anybody else they put in spider. Those two are actually pretty good. Basing is the weak spot of these guys. That doesn't mean it's weak compared to others, though.

Candy King - M_M God

The first thing I think of when looking at the roster of this team is BASING. M_M really concentrated on basing when picking this team. There are a few good javs in between, but the warbirds are nowhere to be found.
    Keys in the quest to victory: Golden_Aim (if they decide to try jav...), Megaman89, Molgan, Windreaper.

TWDTD
    - Izor, Nimrook,Predator Rulez and Skyforger are the only guys who are decent in warbird on this team. Decent is the keyword. No star wbs here, won't be performing that well.

TWDTJ - Golden_Aim, hurricane, Kim and Nimrook are the only javs I see on this team, in addition to M_M himself. Even megaman89 is a "good jav" on this team. I don't see this team going very far in javs either. Golden_Aim and Kim will have to pull out some really nice tricks out of their sleeves if they want to stand a chance against the others.

TWDTB - Now for the division they concentrated on. Their base lineup is a total killer, with a good terr, loads of excellent sharks and top notch spiders. This is the thing they're good at, and they're not just good, they're REALLY good. Expect them to hand the teams with weaker sharks some really big beatdowns.

Bitches&Hoes - I.D

Another team that's totally ignored one division, this time the sacrifice is javs. In warbirds and basing they look really strong, winner material. Seems like it was a good decision to throw one division in order to boost the performance in the other two.
    Keys in the quest to victory: Mega Newbie, Pure_Luck, Stabwound, Stripes

TWDTD
    - A really strong first line, a really strong second line, now I know where all those warbirds went. Broly, Displaced, Mega Newbie, MetalKid and Stripes is a fine line of five. They've got plenty of decent backups such as King Baba and PureOwnage. They'll go far in this one. Definately top 3.

TWDTJ - As the guards in Metal Gear Solid's say: "Nothing here." Well, maybe something since they've got lit, but that's pretty much everything. Displaced might jav occasionally too, or something. Dunno. Won't do well in this one.

TWDTB - As in Candy King, this team owns in basing. Again, a good terr, a few excellent sharks and really solid spiders. I seem to be repeating myself. These guys are the favourites in basing, along with Candy King. Big trouble if P_L doesn't show though, since they don't have a proper backup in terr. Otherwise, these guys are monsters.

Ninja Attack Squad! - Lemon

A few very... weird... early round picks (erm... RednaZ and Fludd?), but still a good team nevertheless. Stole many of my picks the round I would've picked them, so I guess they'll have to be good. :P
    Keys in the quest to victory: cyrus, Hero*, Mythril, Sleepy Weasel.

TWDTD
    - Looks quite strong, with a lot of potential in Aerin, DzaR, Mongol, Mythril, Sleepy Weasel. Definately a lot of choke potential too, most of the wbs are pretty inactive. Shouldn't be a problem though, since they've got decent backups and everybody's gonna choke anyways. They're going far in this one.
    TWDTJ - Even more choke potential than in the wb lineup, pretty good javs here, no clue whatsoever as to how well they'll do when the games start. Javs like a2m+, Lemon himself and RednaZ are all A BIT inactive, so we'll see what happens. Definately able to surprise with good javs like Zeimonster in the team.

TWDTB - Now this is something which I have no clue about. Spids look good, sharks are decent, but they don't have a terr. That's a pretty big loss, especially if they have to switch a top spid/shark into terr. I expect cyrus, Hero*, Sleepy Weasel and Solidify to pick it up a bit to rescue the team.

Bukkake - exe

Great team name, exe, let's hope it will become bukkake surprise instead of sukkake bukkake. Looks awesome in warbirds, many of the best allrounders that play wb as their first ship. Javs are a bit of a question mark, as is basing.
    Keys in the quest to victory: bram, cuji, plob#f, Randedl

TWDTD
    - This is the league they excel in. 60% of the players play warbirds decently, 20% are really good at it. At least they won't run out of backups. A lineup of bram, exe, plob#f, Randedl and Zapata should kick some serious butt though. Top 2.

TWDTJ - Their jav lineup basically looks fine, with good javs such as destroy, negrita, plob#f and Stayon. Not top-of-the-line, but definately good. Many of them are known for choking though, so we'll have to see when the playoffs start. Might be good, Might not.

TWDTB - Even a bigger question mark than javs. Only a few guys that are known mainly for their basing skills (mainly because all those new people don't know plob#f was a killer spid in the day). Depends a lot on whether bram is motivated, if Eeks shows up, how plob#f and Randedl base nowadays and if Zerzera actually wants to play for exe. Still, a big question mark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sorry if I've hurt anyone's feelings, forgot to mention them, or did anything to harm their wellbeing at all while writing this. Tough luck, you'll just have to live with it. TOLD YOU YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE READ THIS!

EDIT: Finito!
    Last edited by Miku19; 06-09-2005, 03:36 AM.
    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
    3 league vet

We'll do just fine :turned:
    Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

I actually got picked! B)
      MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

pascone /= pasco??

I never quite figured that one out.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

no, pascone < pasco

3 league vet

Comment

ok, then I.D. is fucked as far as basing is concerned, unless P_L can shape up and at least attend all games.

edit: They are fucked anyway, not a single Carebear on that team.
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I didn't get picked I suck.

Comment

Newbie caps, Draft tourny needs more experienced captains like.. Skatarius.
                ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

I maybe can shark for my team (Thunder.) I dunno if that makes things any better but who knows.
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Represent Team Id
                    Woot.
                    TWLD Champion 2014
                    TWDTB Champion 2013
                    TWDTB Champion 2016
                    TWDTB Champion 2017
                    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

all the ego on my team is enough to either make us win or fall apart. :P

Comment

P.S.: im terring for tsu, mwahahhaahhahaha

And where the fuck is the team lists?
                        all i know is that tsu told me he picked me...
                        Last edited by Kings; 06-06-2005, 07:43 AM.

Comment

The Rosters

3 league vet

Comment

huh? M-M's team doesnt look that strong....

Comment

There's no question mark in our basing line.
                              Terr: bram, cuji, randedl
                              Sharks: zerzera, Eeks, schope
                              Fighters: plob#f, stayon, jamal, destroy, NL>Terminator, Claw etc.

+ We already won the warbird league. We'll give some bukkake for the other teams, so feel free to step into the circle! :laughing:

Comment

Working...
                              X