Confrences! (Debate inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confrences! (Debate inside)

Well, these are my opinions of how the conferences should be seeded. I'd like everyone's opinions.

TWDT-D
    Bukkake
    Candy King
    Bitches&Hoes
    Shit

Thunder
    Freq Out
    Pootie Tang
    Ninja Attack Squad!

TWDT-J
    Pootie Tang
    Freq Out
    Bukkake
    Bitches&Hoes

Thunder
    Ninja Attack Squad
    Candy King
    Shit

TWDT-B
    Thunder
    Bitches&Hoes
    Pootie Tang
    Candy King

Bukkake
    Shit
    Freq Out
    Ninja Attack Squad!
    Last edited by Vehicle; 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Is there a need to "work out" the conferences?

Considering that most likely, none of these teams have played together, and would have no idea how many of their starters would actually show, wouldn't it be better if next sunday when you're doing the second draft, you also did a lottery for the conferences.

Y'know, like pull them out of a hat (or anywhere else you might want to keep the team names).

Because regardless of Phrens "predictions", each team should be considered equal and we all know that it's going to end up with uneven conferences anyway, so why bother trying to guess the best way of doing it. With randomness, at least people can't bitch and moan that you stacked the conferences or that you obviously got it wrong or whatever.

Cheers,

leroy.

Comment

Well the reason these confrences aren't written in stone is because people may have insight into why some teams should be seeded in different places. If there is a random drawing, chances are confrences will be VERY uneven. When I wrote up these confrences I looked at overall talent, I didn't just base is on a group of starters.
      (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Yea not much to debate, we'll just take your word for it. We won't know what every team is capable of yet.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

is there even a need for conferences at all
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

why not make it a 7 week season and have everybody make the playoffs in every league, 1vs8 etc.

every week the same squad plays the same squad in all 3 leagues, build up a weekly rivalry

(nice to see that the team i'm on is at the top of the list in dueling and base tho)
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
              why not make it a 7 week season and have everybody make the playoffs in every league, 1vs8 etc.
              7 weeks of regular season + 3 weeks of playoffs might be a tad too long, but I think it's fine.

Comment

They should be pulled out of the hat. If the conferences are lopsided, whatever, since everybody gets in playoffs. It should even out by having cross-conference playoffs.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

a little season would be fun This way you can really get to know your draft buddies in stead of just playing 2 games with them and then say bye..
                  http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

I've changed my mind, 10 weeks would be too long. Even with 25 man rosters I don't see attendance staying up for that long.

I say split into two conferences randomly. Have 4 regular season games, 3 in the conference and one random cross-confernce, just cause 3 weeks for the season seems too short to me. Put all 8 teams in playoffs seeded by their w/l with +/- for all the tiebreakers. single elimination playoffs. That would give you a 5-7 week season (depending how far your team made it in the playoffs), which I think is good.

And if the conferences are unfair, it wouldn't be that big a deal since everyone would still make playoffs and has a shot at winning it.

If you want to try and seed the conferences fairly, that's cool too, but I doubt anyone is going to put the time into looking over all the roster to help you out.
                    Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 06-09-2005, 04:35 AM.

Comment

I like the way you put TWDT-B first :up:

as for the conferences, they don't matter that much if everyone gets to play the playoffs too
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Do as Sleepy says. If the league takes too long people will stop playing. What's the use though of a conference if everyone goes to playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                          If you want to try and seed the conferences fairly, that's cool too, but I doubt anyone is going to put the time into looking over all the roster to help you out.
                          I did that already, but I don't think I'm objective enough since I'm a captain.
                          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                          3 league vet

Comment

The reason why the teams are split is because of the time factor. TWDT is supposed to be something to do over the summer, it's not supposed to be like anohter TWL. If the confrences are not split, then there would have to be a 7 wake rgular season, with a 3 week playoff. And I think most people agree, your players will stop showing up after 10 weeks.
                            (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle
                              And I think most people agree, your players will stop showing up after 10 weeks.
                              Those same nerds will be here. Always have been, always will be Dont worry!!
                              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                              Server> dont worry mirror
                              Server> shark fits your tits
                              Peace <ZH>> shut up
                              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                              1:Hercules> im level 90
                              1:Hercules> in 9d
                              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Working...
                              X