Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organization

So, after 2 matches out of what, 12-15, I'm ready to say this is one of the most poorly organized "tournaments" in trench wars history. All the pre-match work was done quite nicely, but when it's match day, EVERYTHING JUST MAGICALLY FALLS APART! Vehicle's on his father's day dinner, without actually briefing anybody about how the thing should actually take place so Pure_Luck has to switch between effing 3 arenas or something just to be able to keep up with the subs. Of course, even that isn't enough, since subs need to be done at the moment they were typed in.

Now was this supposed to be best of 3 or best of 1 per match? First match we were all wondering about that, then we decided to play a second one. Come second match P_L suddenly decides (after the game getting reset 2 times because of a bot bug, the first time our lead at least 8-0) that it's going to be only 1 round. So much for consistency too. And yeah, I thought twdtj wasn't supposed to be random damage, unfortunately ?go javduel HAD random damage.

However much I appreciate Pure_Luck for doing his best to keep it at least somewhat pleasurable to play, I'd say this weekend failed miserably (without even having played the third match). I don't understand how staff couldn't gather 4 decent hosts to handle the matches. Most of the matches started late, the ones that started on time ended late.

Thanks.
    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
    3 league vet

twdt stresses me out
    Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

agreed. :bigups:

Comment

Phren, it's the first week, granted there are a lot of kinks but things will get worked out. I had no choice about not being able to be online today, it was fathers day and all. Pure has been away the past few days, and steph has a lot on her plate. So basically, I did my best, and some problems still arose. The confusion is not on my part, a lot of staff has turned a blind eye to TWDT and is not in the mood to help out, at all. I understand frustrations, but there wasn't much I could do. I simply couldn't make it.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Postpone it perhaps?

3 league vet

Comment

I say replay the whole week.

At least the games I saw ended up as fiaskos. P_L did his best hosting 4 games at once but come on, we shouldn't be arrogant if we ask for one host per game, should we?
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

After just having "played" our third "match" (a no-show) I'm totally stupefied. Well, whatever, it's not all Veh's fault... :P

3 league vet

Comment

I agree with Miku19. It was quite horrible to watch our TWDTD. Even if this was fixed later in the match, we had to wait for a long time for a sub, because the host had left the arena and had to come back to do the sub.

This aside, looks like my team isn't very interested in showing up. Thanks to those who showed up though, nice to see some who want to make this tournament happen. Had to forfeit our TWDTB.
                "I know few French" -Appleseed

Comment

I understand Vehicle. He's getting a big time to get available hosts for TWDT. Apart from it it was just an unlucky day! It was pre-season, everything will run smoothly next weekend I hope.

PS: Thank you all in Thunder for coming and owning every game! THUNDER 4 WIN
                  1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                  1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                  1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                  1:Vitja> afk
                  1:Underground> haha vit
                  1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Yea a replay would kinda be gay, but I guess it must be done. Fix the lines in the Javelin arenas, and can we have it so the CAPTAINS can actually sub the players instead of staff doing it. I found it very cumbersome to have to talk to staff and wait a minute to get my sub.

BTW: Pootie Tang ownz thanks afk gg.
                    1:AnZu> jk jk underground i love you

Comment

Out of experiencing a game in the twdt arena, I think the jav bullet damage there is random too. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.
                      . â–²
                      ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                        Out of experiencing a game in the twdt arena, I think the jav bullet damage there is random too. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                        Our javs said same thing.
                        megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                        L K> taught u what?
                        megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                        9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                        9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

yes but our jav game was played in ?go javduel cus of some problems with the twdtj map.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Remove the stupid splash screen lvz, it's horrible.

3 league vet

Comment

And make the tileset darker please.

3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                              X