Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twsd

Greetings Staff,

why did u guys made a race from twsd? - why not just to 10 & ur out like in wb & jav dueling? - dueling & basing is not a good mix. - if i wanted to play a race game i would go to ?go elim.
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

personally, I think its a great idea.. i like change, and this is a good one imo

it really emphasizes the need fo r teaming, as even if you have one weak spider dueler, ur basically done for if the opposing team capitalizes and continually targets that weak spider. they wont eventually "die out" of the game at 10 deaths like ppl do in TWDD and TWJD. having a team of 4 good teaming spids is better than having 3 good spids and one sucker who is being carried by the rest of the team.

Comment

If it was 10 and out, people would hide and matches would go past the actual time (If it was tied), but since it is not people don't really care if they die. Suiciding is the way to go!
      1:Hydride> who we play next week
      1:ReNdErED> Pandora
      1:ReNdErED> gulp
      1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
      1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
      1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
      1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
      1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

I think racing to 50 is good. You have more to lose by not working as a team... keeping your team mates alive. If it were elimination at 3 or 2 VS. 4 the game would end quickly and wouldn't be fun. Also If you're good enough you can use tactics like 'divide and conqure..' without getting owned.

The map needs some more objects, I think TWD staff may change it.
        Last edited by Kolar; 07-08-2005, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          The map needs some more objects, I think TWD staff may change it.
          Agreed!
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I think I'm the greatest spider here.

Oops did I say that out loud..
            Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Get the map from ?go spidduel at twsd and it's all good. now it's bad.
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

I really like the concept of dueling to 50 with no 10 death rule. More reliance on your team mates. Now no one can really carry a team any more.
                Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

race to 50 is a great idea, but the map is too open

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                    race to 50 is a great idea, but the map is too open
                    Ditto

In my opinion having a race to 50 makes players teaming more, it also avoids the fact that if you get 2 players choking soon in game you wont be outnumbered 4 to 2 or 5 to 3.
                    About the map having more open spaces is good for improving teaming, wich i think is a good thing BUT is not everything about what this game should be... in wbduel you can get a good rec without teaming "although it's hard", in spidduel you need to rely much more on your team wich is why i think race makes much more sense in this case, but this has a side effect, it makes personal iniciative not a nice choice wich i don't think should be forgot, relying on individual skills also makes the game fun to play, so what i think is that maybe we should tip the balance a bit more to the "individual skills side" and put a bit more blocks on the map.
                    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I'd like to see a map with only rocks ... to be tested for twsd.

Comment

Don't have TWSD, have TWFD (Fighter Division).

Have lancasters, spiders, and warbirds combinations in this league; instead of having exclusion spider only league.

Cause Lancaster players will want a league of their own too; this way it will appease and make everyone happy.

lol, I was also thinking have any ship dueling division league...

You can use any ship type for 5 slots, all upto Squad capts/assists. Sort of a twbd turned into any ship deathmatch duel.

Like I said before this would solve and satisfy all players, and no one could say have anymore separate leagues.

Well I'm for this, I think it would be extremely fun and interesting to see what different squads come up with in ship combinations.

Comment

The only problem I see with a race is that, if a team has a nice 10 kill cushion, they can just suicide for the win which really takes no skill whatsoever
                          1:AnZu> jk jk underground i love you

Comment

Yeah, I agree Chingy, good point.

With ships going out when they reach 10, it changes the dynamics of the match as we all seen in twdd.

Comment

Originally posted by Chingy
                              The only problem I see with a race is that, if a team has a nice 10 kill cushion, they can just suicide for the win which really takes no skill whatsoever

Learn to kill them before they kill you?

Its still the same idea.

Also, fighting division? That would never work, everyone would just wb for obvious reasons (if you dont know why, you shouldnt even be posting here, learn to play the game first).

I love how it is, but the map should be the same as spidduels map, like sump said.
                              k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

Working...
                              X