TWD Lag Checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Lag Checking

Everyone is probably aware the bots in TWD do a lag check whenever someone gets a kill. If a players lag is too high the bot specs the player. I submit to my fellow staffers and TW enthusiasts that the requirements are too strict and people who really should not be specced often are. I think we should lower the requirements or possibly even do away with the system completely. If this has been written about before I appologize.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I think the other lag counter measures we have in TWD are sufficient. Mods can always check potential lag cheaters. We have to as it is anyway. I don't think this form of lag checking has proven itself to be effective or as useful as we would have liked. It was a great idea but it seems to do little good. I hope we can consider this a trial run and examine its impact on the game as such. Since we just reset the TWD scores now would be as good a time as any to make a change. The sooner the better. Lets not keep it this way for a whole season.
    Spider
    Formerly EEK! A Spider!
    Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

I say keep the ping and ploss checks, do away with the ludicrous SPIKE MED, PLOSS SLOW, etc...shit that specs people with perfectly fine lag for no apparent reason.
    oar> anyone in here good with math?
    Ignominy> o+a+r=suck

kid kaos> da fuk u doin on ignites squad
    Sention> YO KK WTF U DOING OUT OF JAIL?!

1:Mantra-Slider> HI MY NAME IS AUDIT AND I DONT REALISE ITS HARD TO PLEASE 25 GUYS AT THE SAME TIME

Displaced> audit is just the king of cool ;)

Comment

Greetings,

staff should do something about the Slow Ploss and maybe add a this new factor to the lag cheaking "weapon lag".
      SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
      SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
      Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
      Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
      1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
      1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

okay, so i hate to be an ass here, but not only did i create a thread on this very same topic weeks and weeks ago, but warthog has submitted a proposal through the TWPS system that has already passed preliminary review and is being considered by members of upper staff.

wake up...
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

HOW DARE YOU TALK TO SPIIDER LIKE THAT JASON. I WILL MOW YOU DOWN BOY.

hahaha jokes, but spidey should read other forums too
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            okay, so i hate to be an ass here, but not only did i create a thread on this very same topic weeks and weeks ago, but warthog has submitted a proposal through the TWPS system that has already passed preliminary review and is being considered by members of upper staff.

wake up...
            Yea... But having this conversation might give a bit more confidence to upper staff how big the problem is.

Comment

so have this conversation in either my other thread or the TWPS thread then?

anyway, i suppose i shouldn't be hard on spider. it's the lack of communication amongst staff members that's at fault here.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barton
                Greetings,

staff should do something about the Slow Ploss and maybe add a this new factor to the lag cheaking "weapon lag".
                Weapon lag? wow now you are making it sounds like it's going to check a weapon cheat, or duds... What the do you mean
                My Music Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Morroco
                  Weapon lag? wow now you are making it sounds like it's going to check a weapon cheat, or duds... What the do you mean
                  there is such thing called s2c weapon ploss..
                  1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Yea, that was my thought too, but afaik, there isn't weapon ping.

Comment

THANK GOD they are gonna change that.. I lag out EVERY time I kill someone and it's starting to annoy me. Can't play one match without getting specced with like no lag
                      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Last sentence of the first paragraph of my post reads as follows "If this has been written about before I appologize."

I felt that this disclaimer would be sufficient. I don't plan on adopting a policy of reading every thread that was posted within the last 3 weeks before I say something. I hope this makes sense to everyone.

I'm glad to hear that Warthog already submitted something. I'll talk to him about signing it if its not too late.

Lastly I don't know if we can consider this redundancy a failure in staff communication. All staff need to know when a rule is changed. Whether or not Warthog has a problem with a policy that exists is not something I need to know. If he succeeded in changing a policy then I would need to be informed. Hopefully in that case I would be.

Life goes on, hopefully without the annoying lag checking.
                        Spider
                        Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                        Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Yeah, I agree now is the time to make the change with twd just being reset. Good point Spider.

Also they should change that lagout %# scream sound when someone lags out, scares the sh!t out of me while I'm dding and I lose concentration for a moment.

Comment

Yeah its extremely stupid, someone with 240ms can stay in..but if i lag 'spike' from 60 to 140 im specced. yayyyy
                            the price is right, bitch.

Comment

i always, ALWAYS get specced for 'spike med' and its always between 50.03 and 52.50. i dont know how the bot it THAT accurate but when it says '50.03 limit: 50' i just laugh and shake my head. Oh and my record for slow C2S is 53.3, though I dont know how I can stay in long enough with that much lag to even be checked.
                              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                              X