Complaint towards TW Staff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint towards TW Staff.

Listen, you guys need to learn how to use bang or learn how to ban the RIGHT people. This is now the 2nd time I have tried to log-in, to have me banned under someone else's ban ID. Both times, being told sorry we won't lift it until so&so signs on.

I talked to WPE, he said it will be lifted and it was a mistake. Yeah no fucking shit it was a mistake. The best the poor guy told me was, "Well when so&so signs on, it will be corrected." And I'm not trying to bash on WPE, he did the best he could. But the problem is you guys can't be banning people under other peoples ban ID. This is the 2nd time its happend to me in a few months.

Why? Thats what I want to understand. Why can't you, TW STAFF, be better prepared for this. If you guys put innocent people under other people's banID, you need to allow anyone on staff to correct this issue AT THAT TIME. Its annoying and, if you ask me, fucking pathetic.

I mean, I didn't say too much the first time thinking it was a fluke. But now this is the 2nd time and I want you guys to be more careful in the future. I don't want to hear garbage like, "sorry, you have to wait until this person signs on." Yeah sorry my ass, you guys fuck up and I'm the one paying for it.

Seriously, you need to be better prepared for this horseshit system. If you make the mistake, you correct it---PERIOD. Don't make me fucking play the waiting game, thats not my god damn problem.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Pretty sure WPE is a girl, and because you mentioned her this might get closed because it's kind of like directed at one staffer. Hmmm. I'll stop talking now.
    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
    1:Chao <ER>> at all
    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

agreed.

At least mods, (with at least 6 hours a night avg. or 12 hours a day in ss equivalent) should be able to access banG if no banG op is around. Rudy is always on though, so I don't know how that could have been a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
        Pretty sure WPE is a girl, and because you mentioned her this might get closed because it's kind of like directed at one staffer. Hmmm. I'll stop talking now.
        No way, I did not blame her at any point. She did the best she could by explaining the system, thats all. I also apologize for calling her a "he," I didn't know.

But this thread is about the SYSTEM TW is running. They are in the wrong for not allowing a QUICK fix for when they ban random ppl under other peoples BAN ID. This is a legit topic, and being this is a TW staff fucking forum, where else would I post this? Lets see a few of them explain themselves on how they can fix these issues in the future. If they lock this thread, they are gutless cowards. Because I am not attacking one staff member, im upset because I dont think they know what the hell they're doing.
        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

That sucks, lol if that was me id be pissed or just go fishing
          tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
          capE> lucky he didnt say captain
          capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
          9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
          1:Kentaro> suits you well
          1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Edit: You have the same ID as someone else who WPE was trying to ban. We needed a BangOP to fix it and in TW we have Rudy and PL has it also a higher lvl also.
            Last edited by Kolar; 08-23-2005, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
              Edit: You have the same ID as someone else who WPE was trying to ban. We needed a BangOP to fix it and in TW we have Rudy and PL has it also a higher lvl also.
              It's been fixed, PL did it for me. But what happend to the old banning of the IP address? Don't tell me he has the same IP as me, because he doesn't.

I dont know how or why I was caught in that BAN-ID.

Look at the IP's before banning.

Comment

I talked to Rudy about this same thing after I got caught in someone's 3-month ban a few weeks ago. According to him my machine ID matched the one that was banned, which also happened to be in a long list of troublesome ID's that he was keeping track of. I'd have to agree that something needs to be done because IP bans are useless with all the people that have dynamic connections, and barring extreme circumstances machine ID bans are just too widespread and risky. Also, it might be a pain in the ass when it happens, but staff usually handles these situations (relatively) quickly and I have to give them props for that.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

same with me dude
                  dunno why im banned but this is some bull crap
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

1 more think, i was gone for 3 hours come back my name has been banned for "racism" and i was not around. so ive no clue what happened, i was gone during the time of ban and im gone for 3 days because of a mix up i think
                    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                    4:Geio> DEEZ?
                    4:Geio> LOLOL
                    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                    4:spirit> LOL
                    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by death row
                      It's been fixed, PL did it for me. But what happend to the old banning of the IP address? Don't tell me he has the same IP as me, because he doesn't.

I dont know how or why I was caught in that BAN-ID.

Look at the IP's before banning.
                      Bang bans by Mac ID and IP as far as I know. Moderators can't check IP numbers. It could have been userIds, macids or something else, I dont know and Im sure no else on staff will speak about this on here so message PL or Rudy and the specifics. It was a weird mix up that needed a BanG Op to fix and you got your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                        I talked to Rudy about this same thing after I got caught in someone's 3-month ban a few weeks ago. According to him my machine ID matched the one that was banned, which also happened to be in a long list of troublesome ID's that he was keeping track of. I'd have to agree that something needs to be done because IP bans are useless with all the people that have dynamic connections, and barring extreme circumstances machine ID bans are just too widespread and risky. Also, it might be a pain in the ass when it happens, but staff usually handles these situations (relatively) quickly and I have to give them props for that.
                        Yes I agree, I mean I'm not really trying to bash staff here. They help me whenever I ask for it, so I respect them there.

I'm just hoping that they aren't so dependent on certain ppl. I would like to see staff upgrade it's awareness in these kind of matters. Meaning, if someone is falsely banned, the person banned shouldn't be punished further by having him wait for so&so to sign on. They should have it set-up where the available staff member can correct the issue right off the bat.

Comment

Recently PandoraX was banned AGAIN under someone else's ban ID (second time). I've heard a few people talking about this in-game, sounds like a problem that needs to be taken care of.
                          Last edited by Kontrolz; 08-23-2005, 09:46 PM.
                          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Thats not a limit I want either Drow but we can only have so many higher lvl banG ops for TW. Its an SSC thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop
                              same with me dude
                              dunno why im banned but this is some bull crap
                              I was there when "scoop" was banned so either you are lying or someone else was on your name.

Also, when a situation happens like death row's, it's not a mistake on the moderators fault, so don't complain about that. It's just one of the nuances of the banG system. As far as the way Subspace bans work, it seems to me pretty unlikely that 2 players would have the same ID, although it is not impossible. This isn't an issue of of people making mistakes or not knowing how to use banG correctly. It's just the way bangG works-- sometimes incorrectly. I don't think there is really any way to fix it.
                              sdg

Comment

Working...
                              X