Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Update

Hey,

Just to let you all know that I'm not dead or something, there will be some small updates coming very soon. The 2nd draft of the new rules is complete and waiting to be touched up. As well, the new maps are coming along nicely thanks to Thorn.

The first new map (TWLD) should be up by tonight if Arilou can find the time.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Alrighty maps should be up for TWLD, TWLD2, TWLD3, and TWLD4. As well greens have been removed (except for the ones you get when someone dies).

The weird blinking lights that can be seen at j8 and so on are an artifact of the fact that TWLB has them and it's part of the lvz file. Being as I am only a lowly smod those will have to be changed when a sysop finds the time I'll try to get them removed from TWLB too.

-Epi

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Is it still possible to get FC greens or have you lowered the chance of that to 0?
      I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine
        Is it still possible to get FC greens or have you lowered the chance of that to 0?
        No?

Comment

I believe its still possible to get full charge greens. If you kill someone and get their green , it could be a full charge. But thats the only way to get them now.

Although this might seem logical to remove full charge greens I unfortunately fear that one factor that does improve the superiority of a players command of the warbird and his surrounding have been eliminated. I've only recently realised the art of actually using them. While it is true that it does institute some amount of luck to the game. It is not necessary a bad thing. It is quite easy to see people run into greens and a lot of people do it on purpose. And in case of that a person backs away instead of attacking presuming that it was a full charge. Or, you can assume it wasn't and keep rushing but thats part of the tactics used to confuse players and I think it should remain.

For example, a player might take a radar shoot right before he runs into the green to hope that its full charge so he can shoot again. This in my opinion is a totally viable technique. That is how the player chooses to play his ship. Using greens _almost_ the same as having rocks in the arena. A lot of players use these to hide behind and to produce speed shots. This inturn shows that the players is using his surrounding more tactically that the other player and therefore superior (which is what leagues should be about). I strongly think that the dueling is just not all about aiming and doding, a person who uses his environment to their advantage should be allowed to do so and greens provide a similar situation. If you wanted the match of dueling be only about aim and dodging then rocks should also be removed because a lot of players hide behind them for tactical purposes.

Well, all I'm actually trying to say is removing greens is not as sensical as you might think. It really is quite an art form to use it properly and is much more predictable than something like shrap. If you assume that every green is a full charge you should have no problem handling it.
          Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Force of Nature
            stuff about the strategy involed in greens
            Maybe all greens should be FC, then, to reduce the randomness involved?

Comment

I believe its still possible to get full charge greens. If you kill someone and get their green , it could be a full charge. But thats the only way to get them now.

Although this might seem logical to remove full charge greens I unfortunately fear that one factor that does improve the superiority of a players command of the warbird and his surrounding have been eliminated. I've only recently realised the art of actually using them. While it is true that it does institute some amount of luck to the game. It is not necessary a bad thing. It is quite easy to see people run into greens and a lot of people do it on purpose. And in case of that a person backs away instead of attacking presuming that it was a full charge. Or, you can assume it wasn't and keep rushing but thats part of the tactics used to confuse players and I think it should remain.

For example, a player might take a radar shoot right before he runs into the green to hope that its full charge so he can shoot again. This in my opinion is a totally viable technique. That is how the player chooses to play his ship. Using greens _almost_ the same as having rocks in the arena. A lot of players use these to hide behind and to produce speed shots. This inturn shows that the players is using his surrounding more tactically that the other player and therefore superior (which is what leagues should be about). I strongly think that the dueling is just not all about aiming and doding, a person who uses his environment to their advantage should be allowed to do so and greens provide a similar situation. If you wanted the match of dueling be only about aim and dodging then rocks should also be removed because a lot of players hide behind them for tactical purposes.

Well, all I'm actually trying to say is removing greens is not as sensical as you might think. It really is quite an art form to use it properly and is much more predictable than something like shrap. If you assume that every green is a full charge you should have no problem handling it.
              i agree with every he just siad. if your gong to remove them, mine as well remove rocks. poeple become accustomed to play with greens, and they shouldn;t just be taken away.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
              Asia Minor> maybe not
              Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
              bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
              bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
              bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
              bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

There is no chance of picking up any full charge greens. All greens that appear from people who die are now multifire greens.

The reason for this is twofold:

1) To eliminate completely random full charges which can change the outcome of the game unrelated to skill.

2) To eliminate the fact that many people who play are out of sync. I have played MANY times where people get "phantom" full charges seemingly out of nowhere and kill me. On their screen they picked up a green, on my screen there was nothing there. This is a common problem which I have seen many people complain about (even doing ?cheater calls about). Thus I don't believe this this factor belongs in league.

-Epi

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

i like epi running leagues already!

<3
                  Season 8 TWLJ + TWBL Champ.:P

Comment

Duck. . . . .
                    :yawn:

Comment

FoN is giving away free dueling strategy for you newbies and basers, ya'll better listen

Anyone wanna tell me how to shark better now?
                      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Ummm everyone i know picks all greens by reflex. :|
                        Originally posted by Diakka
                        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                          FoN is giving away free dueling strategy for you newbies and basers, ya'll better listen

Anyone wanna tell me how to shark better now?
                          It's rather simple - don't mine.
                          Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Dude, picking up greens hoping it's a full charge reduces the skill-level of dueling. Not only are full charges all about luck, it's also not something you can be better at than other players.

And that's immediatly the big difference between why rocks do improve dueling and full charges don't.
                            You can use rocks as a style (though I don't know much players anymore who still use it as a style) or it can be just something you're really good at. On the other hand picking up greens isn't something you can be better at than someone else..

And to that whiterabbit:

If all greens would be full charges, no one would be chasing players who've just shot anymore, because that would be total suicide, and then TW would be all about radarshooting, so that's a bad idea.

-bram

ps. tnx Epi.

Comment

Btw Epi, is there going to be a new TWDJ map or is it going to be just like that current Javs map? Maybe we should've a poll about if it should be changed or not.

-bram

Comment

Working...
                              X